British Speedway Forum

Ice Racing 2009

Yes I know it's only August, but the season starts in late November/Early December

Individual World Championship:

10./11.1. Sanok/PL (QR 1); *

11.1 Saalfelden/A (QR 2);

17./18.1. Stockholm/S (QR 3);

7./8.2. Krasnogorsk/RUS (Final 1);

14./15.2. Ufa/RUS (Final 2);

7./8.3. Berlin-Wilmersdorf/D (Final 3);

14./15.3. Assen/NL (Final 4).

Ice Racing World Team Final:

31.1./1.2. Inzell/D

* I spoke to someone Yesterday who has been in regular contact with the Sanok Ice Racing Promoter and the QR set for there may not now take place, with the next meeting to be held there being the 2010 World Team Final. There is nothing on the Sanok site (www.iceracing.pl) saying this, but it looks certain, it's just a question of who will run the remaining Qualifier.

The Assen, Berlin and Inzell sites all have details about their meetings, and I know that Hill Street Blue has already started planning the Eurorider trip to Assen, as the Hotel in Groningen is booked already.

Assen are running their Friday meeting the day before the last two rounds of the Final, although I can't find anything yet about the Santa Cup, or the Russian Championship.

I'm sure Iris123 will correct me, but I suspect the German Championship will be in Inzell this year, as they have the Team Final, and Berlin staged it last.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning my first experience of Ice racing at assen next year will be a nice 30th birthday present to myself, any idea on good hotels in the area or are they already booked up, plus has anybody got the web add for te assen circuit.

Terry

Planning my first experience of Ice racing at assen next year will be a nice 30th birthday present to myself, any idea on good hotels in the area or are they already booked up, plus has anybody got the web add for te assen circuit.

Terry

We went to Berlin last year for our first Ice Racing experience.. It was awesome best speedway i have seen in years... You will love it!

Got sent a DVD of the Sanok meeting this year and absolutely loved it so really looking forward to it.

We are trying to get a coach trip together at Ipswich to see if its a viable and early number indicate that we may running a fourty strong Suffolk contingent.

Terry

I'm sure Iris123 will correct me, but I suspect the German Championship will be in Inzell this year, as they have the Team Final, and Berlin staged it last.

Unfortunately i had an unwanted but enforced break from the internet for over a week :rolleyes::(

Glad to see you are thinking ahead here.Will be interesting to see what developments come to fruition.Changes to the World Final format?or foreigners in Russia?Also saw something about an U21 Euro Championship which Jesper mentions.

Good to have the best thread on the forum back :D

Just had a look on the UEM calendar issued 12/8/08 (get it here - Excel file), and they have the dates for the Santa Cup listed:

27.12 Gävle Motorstadion

28.12 Lukashov, Östersund

29.12 Kallehov, Örnsköldsvik

30.12 Rolandshof, Bollnäs

Nothing on IsRacing.net about it yet, but it is early days yet.

Nothing about an U-21 Ice Racing Championship on the UEM site yet (but then again, their photos of the Speedway appear to still be promoting the clockwise riding aspect of the sport, whilst their Ice Racing pic appears to be a Telford style meeting, again in a clockwise format).

@Jacky + f-s-p,

You should know Ian has no patience.The thread is like Christmas stuff in the shops.it is earlier every year :wink:

He still has to go through the Bochum/Gelsenkirchen exerience first,but is already emailing me about hotels for Berlin :lol:

iris123 Posted Today, 04:52 PM

@Jacky + f-s-p,

You should know Ian has no patience.The thread is like Christmas stuff in the shops.it is earlier every year

I was only 8 days earlier than last year!

Anyway, Ice Racing starts for me when the Cheap flights for March come on line. This year they were late - middle of July.

(BTW I was in Costco last week and they have the Christmas stuff in already!)

Edited by Conkers

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking on the Russian Forum for some updated news and found a couple of links showing some of the Ice Racers taking part in the Bashkortostan Motocross Championship with some great photos from Anatoly Ermolenko.

May 11th Meeting - Won by Dmitri Bulankin

June 12th Meeting - has a Pic of Krasnikov pulling a wheelie.

Always wondered why some of them didn't ride conventional speedway.

Edited by Conkers

DutchGrasstrack Posted Today, 11:56 AM

European Championship Ice Racing

SF: 16-17/01/09 or 23-24/01/09 - Flims (CH)

European Championship Juniors Ice Racing

F: 24-25/01/09 or 31/01-01/02/09 or 07-08/02/09 - Lukhovitsy (RUS)

Nothing like firm dates.

And the UEM prove these are nothing like firm dates! :lol:

Wolfslayer Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

I think Alexander Balashov also did Motorcross.I wonder whatever happend to Sasha?

Last time I heard he was living somewhere in the old East Germany, and was trying to set up some sort of business. That was in 2002.

Perhaps Jacqueline or Iris123 know a bit more?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a message from GB Ice Racer Graham Halsall this Morning, which I thought may (just about) qualify as Ice Racing News.

Graham's wife Julie gave birth to a Baby Girl at 2,04am on 25.9.2008. They have named their new arrival Miley Alice.

Congratulations to the proud parents.