British Speedway Forum

he is out by the looks of it when ive run it thro a translator

Bjarne was let off fortunately from serious crash

Bjarne Pedersen was involved in a serious crash on Tuesday evening, when Västervik visited Smederna in the Swedish Elite Serie. The Danish Grand Prix-driver was let off however fortunately from the crash, which happened at first heat. Just as lucky was Smedernas Jonas Davidsson not. He was driven away in ambulance and has after-sayingly punctured a lung.

- It was a really bad accident, and I am grateful for that I was let off comparatively unharmedly from it, even though I am rather tender now. I hope for the best for Jonas, so that we'll soon see him on the bicycle again, says Bjarne Pedersen, who has chosen to notify on apologies Wednesday's Elite League Riders Championsship in order to spare the body after the violent crash.

Västervik won the match 56-40. Bjarne completed the match and drove seven points home at four heats.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is out by the looks of it when ive run it thro a translator

Bjarne was let off fortunately from serious crash

Bjarne Pedersen was involved in a serious crash on Tuesday evening, when Västervik visited Smederna in the Swedish Elite Serie. The Danish Grand Prix-driver was let off however fortunately from the crash, which happened at first heat. Just as lucky was Smedernas Jonas Davidsson not. He was driven away in ambulance and has after-sayingly punctured a lung.

- It was a really bad accident, and I am grateful for that I was let off comparatively unharmedly from it, even though I am rather tender now. I hope for the best for Jonas, so that we'll soon see him on the bicycle again, says Bjarne Pedersen, who has chosen to notify on apologies Wednesday's Elite League Riders Championsship in order to spare the body after the violent crash.

Västervik won the match 56-40. Bjarne completed the match and drove seven points home at four heats.

thanks for that! :approve: the other translation on a different thread was a bit confusing!!

Birmingham isn't the biggest of places to hold such a big event. Yes you might be able to get the expected amount of people into the stadium, but being able to see the speedway is another. The views aren't going to be good because when it gets crowded on general meeting you can't always see very well for the amount of people.

It shoul be held at a bigger stadium like Peterborough or somewhere like that.

Anyway best of luck to Fredrik Lindgren and Niels K Iversen.

Wolverhampton Wolves Forever :D

Birmingham isn't the biggest of places to hold such a big event. Yes you might be able to get the expected amount of people into the stadium, but being able to see the speedway is another. The views aren't going to be good because when it gets crowded on general meeting you can't always see very well for the amount of people.

It shoul be held at a bigger stadium like Peterborough or somewhere like that.

Anyway best of luck to Fredrik Lindgren and Niels K Iversen.

Wolverhampton Wolves Forever :D

will there be an air fence up tonight ?

Yes, there will be an air fence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a twisted kinda way I hope Bjarne and AJ are injured and not just ditching the meeting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All fine and dandy on the weather front so far. I'm probably about 8-10 miles away as the crow flies. Sunny intervals with a fair breeze for the time of year, although not really what you would call a windy day. All eyes on the rain currently heading in across Wales. It seems a little further north than predicted last night. That's a blow as it looked as though it may have just gone to the south of B'ham. It's certainly got its act together as an area of 'organised' rain with some heavy bursts. It may well begin to break up as it travels east though. It's too early to worry about just yet.

3rd and 4th bend opening, what a great bloody idea, won't be able to see owt because of the airfence :rolleyes:

i stood there for the opening meeting and it was a GREAT view :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to get to Perry Barr tomorrow to cheer the Aces boys on. 3rd and 4th Bend viewing sounds ok with me.

you still going Youngy? if so say hi :wink:

Im looking forward to this meeting.

Hope the meeting does Birmingham proud :approve:

So many dark clouds this way but at least its dry :unsure:

The line-up posted on the B'ham website yesterday was...

Chris Holder (Poole), Jason Crump (Belle Vue), Freddie Lindgren (Wolverhampton), Leigh Adams (Swindon), Chris Harris (Coventry), Lee Richardson (Eastbourne), Piotr Swiderski (Ipswich), Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough), Charlie Gjedde (Belle Vue), Scott Nicholls (Eastbourne), Adam Shields (Lakeside), Bjarne Pedersen (Poole), Mads Korneliussen (Swindon), Andreas Jonsson (Lakeside), Hans Andersen (Coventry), Niels Kristian Iversen (Wolverhampton). Reserves: Rory Schlein (Ipswich), Daniel King (Peterborough).

I assume from that Scott and Lee ride with Rory and Danny coming in for Bjarne and AJ. Two 'new' reserves required. There's no update today.

Chris Holder (Poole), Jason Crump (Belle Vue), Freddie Lindgren (Wolverhampton), Leigh Adams (Swindon), Chris Harris (Coventry), Lee Richardson (Eastbourne), Piotr Swiderski (Ipswich), Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough), Charlie Gjedde (Belle Vue), Scott Nicholls (Eastbourne), Adam Shields (Lakeside), Bjarne Pedersen (Poole), Mads Korneliussen (Swindon), Andreas Jonsson (Lakeside), Hans Andersen (Coventry), Niels Kristian Iversen (Wolverhampton). Reserves: Rory Schlein (Ipswich), Daniel King (Peterborough).

I assume from that Scott and Lee ride with Rory and Danny coming in for Bjarne and AJ. Two 'new' reserves required. There's no update today.

Watt is in for Bjarne from what ive heard.

I've been told that the BSPA hotline has been stating that Pedersen, Jonsson, Nicholls and Richardson are all out. Schlein comes in for AJ and Dave Watt is in for Pedersen as far as I know.

Anyone able to confirm, as I need to re-arrange my plans, as obvioulsy I can't be bothered to go now, much like the riders.

Those missing should be banned for a month

Anyone heard anything about Hans - Peterborough local paper whilst writing about Bjerre's inclusion tonight finish the article mentioning that Hans is not expected to ride tonight due to feeling unwell!

I've heard that as well. Once again it seems the meeting has descended into a farce. And to think, we run the League for the benefit of this handful of plonkers who ride in the GP, and they can't give us one evening per season back!

Sack / ban the lot of them for life. I've never known a bunch of people so reluctant to go to bloody work than speedway riders. Any old excuse, the cats unwell, there's a bit of drizzle in the air, Ive shut my finger in the van door etc, etc, etc, etc.

Well, unless the B'ham website is updated soon an awful lot of people are going to end up feeling rather short-changed.

They won't update the website. They'll get everyone there on the basis of a full strength line up. The lesson they will have to learn is to never put your hand up to stage these events.

Such a dam shame. im of an age to remember this being one of the biggest meetings in the world!!! I used to go up to belle vue every year always a cracking meeting.....now just seems a farce. When are the BSPA going to realise that a big prize is needed now adays to tempt some of these part timers to join in. I for one am not going tonight.

I'm sorry but Bjarne involved in a crash last night and feeling second hand.

Scott in a crash in the GP at the weekend and his Swedish team operating RR for him last night so he is obviously feeling second hand.

I don't know about Hans and Richardson but the above two cannot be said to be pulling out for no reason.

I'm sorry but Bjarne involved in a crash last night and feeling second hand.

Scott in a crash in the GP at the weekend and his Swedish team operating RR for him last night so he is obviously feeling second hand.

I don't know about Hans and Richardson but the above two cannot be said to be pulling out for no reason.

Scott has quit his Swedish team to concentrate on that GP nonsense.

Taken from Eagles website

This is part of Scott's "regrouping" strategy, like the reason why he pulled out of Sweden racing this year, to regroup for the GPs, and is with regret that he pulled out of the Best Pairs. Further details to follow

Edited by Mr Bee