British Speedway Forum

I didn't even go to the ELRC but if I had, then it would've been classed as a treat because we can't afford to spend that much money every week for two of us to watch speedway so wouldn't it have been nice if the BSPA could have refunded it so that I could spend that money on another meeting before the end of the season?

exactly. maybe swindon fans are just loaded! :wink:

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say I totally disagree with Adder and Orion, although they are making an obtuse point about missing money. If you pay for a meeting that is rained off, and you know you won't be at the re-staging, you should be able to apply for refund immediately. What other legitimate service that you pay for, would you be told you have to wait 2 months to get a refund if that service doesn't materialise? None. So what makes speedway so different? Would think those two might have a slightly different view if it was a bet that was voided and the bookie was going to make them wait two months for a refund and they were short of cash. ;):P Doesn't matter if it's £20 or £400 - the meeting didn't go ahead, refunds should be available immediately.

Have to say I totally disagree with Adder and Orion, although they are making an obtuse point about missing money. If you pay for a meeting that is rained off, and you know you won't be at the re-staging, you should be able to apply for refund immediately. What other legitimate service that you pay for, would you be told you have to wait 2 months to get a refund if that service doesn't materialise? None. So what makes speedway so different? Would think those two might have a slightly different view if it was a bet that was voided and the bookie was going to make them wait two months for a refund and they were short of cash. ;):P Doesn't matter if it's £20 or £400 - the meeting didn't go ahead, refunds should be available immediately.

The service is going to materiallise thou ........if these people are correct no doubt they will be takeing them to court as by the law on what is written on the tickets it tells them they allowed a refund right away .

As for betting a bit like speedway if you going cry over £20 you should not being going in the place and should spend it on food and clothing etc .

New trainers perhaps? :lol:

To be honest, it's not the fact it's only £20, or £40 if you're a couple, or even more if you're a family. It's the principle of the thing. How I see it anyway. Why should they keep your money for 2 months before giving it back?

Edited by rabbit

The service is going to materiallise thou ........if these people are correct no doubt they will be takeing them to court as by the law on what is written on the tickets it tells them they allowed a refund right away .

As for betting a bit like speedway if you going cry over £20 you should not being going in the place and should spend it on food and clothing etc .

so why do we have to wait til the seasons finished then? :unsure:

New trainers perhaps? :lol:

To be honest, it's not the fact it's only £20, or £40 if you're a couple, or even more if you're a family. It's the principle of the thing. How I see it anyway. Why should they keep your money for 2 months before giving it back?

All to do with what rules are in place .........if there in the wrong phone tranding standards and get your money back that simple .

Also yestesday the forcast was for rain most people drove down in the rain it was pouring down when they got to perry bar but they till went in .

No offence but if went in early you might as well got your £20 quid and made it into paper aeroplane

Funny u say that Rabs but I have just read the back of a King's Lynn ticket and it says "Should any event be cancelled before it's staging then the organiser will offer a full refund or entry to the re-organised staging. If an event is cancelled once it has started then the organiser will publicise if any refunds or discounts are available (it is at their discretion and any decision made will be in no way the responsibility of the Norfolk Arena venue)."

The last term and condition of ticket purchase is

10. The issue of this ticket shall constitute acceptance by the ticket holder of these terms and conditions and failure to observe these will render the ticket void and constitute a breach of contract enforceable in law.

The NA have got it covered eh!

Well there you go then :rolleyes:

i'm sure when they held it at poole in the past, you had an option of a refund and that was announced at the meeting, as people were queueing up to get it before they left the stadium. as not everyone can make the restaging especially if its held at a different track. :rolleyes:

Whether a refund is applicable or not, this is just another example of the way that the BSPA look upon their customers - with contempt.

It is an unbelievable situation. The promoters are complaining about reduced attendances at meetings and wonder why. Perhaps they should look at their "organisation", and indeed the behaviour of some individual promoters, for the answer. The attitude of the BSPA has put me off attending speedway meetings. There are those who complain about the Grands Prix but I can testify to the fact that the organisers do have a regard for those who attend the meetings.

Suppose in fairness though, the BSPA attitudes of "take it or leave it" and "heads we win, tails you lose", are not very different from many companies these days.

Whether a refund is applicable or not, this is just another example of the way that the BSPA look upon their customers - with contempt.

It is an unbelievable situation. The promoters are complaining about reduced attendances at meetings and wonder why. Perhaps they should look at their "organisation", and indeed the behaviour of some individual promoters, for the answer. The attitude of the BSPA has put me off attending speedway meetings. There are those who complain about the Grands Prix but I can testify to the fact that the organisers do have a regard for those who attend the meetings.

Suppose in fairness though, the BSPA attitudes of "take it or leave it" and "heads we win, tails you lose", are not very different from many companies these days.

I agree. Trouble is those companies don't usually survive for too long.

If you paid for an item that did not arrive or a service that was not provided you would not be happy to have to wait over two months for a refund, so why do the BSPA think that speedway supporters will find it acceptable. They do not seem to realise that this sort of behaviour will stop people going to Super 7 events in the future but then again they are not renowned for their forward planning or consideration of fans.