British Speedway Forum

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not give the rides in this meeting to those highest averaged non GP riders from each team, would they want the meeting or not?

See my earlier post. Not all GP riders, Crump and Adams always do their best to meet their british commitments. Some of the others are not so professional.

My intention was to set out early from work to be at B'ham in time for the gates to open, but I've stopped off at home. On the 4 mile journey from W'ton to home I got soaked. I can't comment on conditions in Perry Barr, but I'll be sitting at home for a while to assess the situation. Fingers crossed.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

There are plenty of riders who miss this meeting for a variety of reasons every year. It depends on your partisanship as to whether you 'want them banned for life' or 'its a rubbish meeting anyway'....plus all in between.

I am of the opinion the Super7 series was seriously flawed from the start. It needed prize funds that, at least, matched those put on by individual tracks or continential meetings. Like with the Pairs, (and I speak as a Coventry fan), neither events have much interest to me, so if a rider misses out...its fine with me. I would like the BSPA to consider the future of such meetings...make them top notch with a prize fund to boot (which would boost the National Media coverage) or scrap 'em.

My views on this also apply to the 4TT that failed in the top flight.

I think Matt Ford could promote the ELRC better, if we take his season opener as an example.

Edited by Authorised

I Live about 3/4 miles away and theres been steady rainfall for about an hour, its eased off recently and looks bright in the distance. The track has good drainage so it might not have affected the track too much. The bad news is the worst of the weather seems to be to the west, and it could hit us early evening. Undecided whether to go.

How many can they fit in them booths Shadders? 100 max?

Plus never usually an air fence at Perry Barr so can watch through the mesh fence.

I wouldn't have thought it would be comfortable at Perry Barr tomorrow.

I wouldn't have thought much more than that.

I wouldn't want to watch from behind glass in the main stand. I did that once at Wimbledon in the late 80's. No thanks

Hammarby have been operating R/R since before the "crash" at the GP. Nothing to do with his "injury".

From Scott's website .....

Scott is taking a break from Swedish racing in order to help his Grand Prix chances.

"I have taken the decision to give Sweden a rest for a month, after the Grand Prix, I had a chat with a few people and on reflection I need to make some changes, It has become a bit too much, and I'm not enjoying the racing as much as I should be. Things haven't been quite right and I need to take a step back with a view to getting the Grand Prix right. It is very important to me. It is a big, big move for me, it is something that I have never done before in my career. I feel terrible about letting my club down, but I think that it is something that I have to do to benefit my career. I have two more Grand Prix this month and I need to get things right."

Scott is taking a break from Swedish racing in order to help his Grand Prix chances.

"I have taken the decision to give Sweden a rest for a month, after the Grand Prix, I had a chat with a few people and on reflection I need to make some changes, It has become a bit too much, and I'm not enjoying the racing as much as I should be. Things haven't been quite right and I need to take a step back with a view to getting the Grand Prix right. It is very important to me. It is a big, big move for me, it is something that I have never done before in my career. I feel terrible about letting my club down, but I think that it is something that I have to do to benefit my career. I have two more Grand Prix this month and I need to get things right."

he`s had about 6 to get it right so far and only came close once when he bottled it so not reading to much into his comments :lol:

Yes, that's the official line.

But Hammarby should not have been able to use R/R for someone "taking a break". It was then said the facility was given because of his injury. Well, that was Saturday - Hammarby have been using R/R since before then.

he`s had about 6 to get it right so far and only came close once when he bottled it so not reading to much into his comments :lol:

I don't think this event means anything. But Nicki P is the reigning champion. And the likes of Jason Crump and Leigh Adams always seem to take the time and the trouble to complete, while lesser riders cry off for this reason or that reason. The global superstar is having a "re-group" in order to concentrate on the GPs, which are so important to him. But why not look at riders like Crump, Adams, Nicki P and draw the conclusion that if it's good enough for them....

The line-up posted on the B'ham website yesterday was...

Chris Holder (Poole), Jason Crump (Belle Vue), Freddie Lindgren (Wolverhampton), Leigh Adams (Swindon), Chris Harris (Coventry), Lee Richardson (Eastbourne), Piotr Swiderski (Ipswich), Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough), Charlie Gjedde (Belle Vue), Scott Nicholls (Eastbourne), Adam Shields (Lakeside), Bjarne Pedersen (Poole), Mads Korneliussen (Swindon), Andreas Jonsson (Lakeside), Hans Andersen (Coventry), Niels Kristian Iversen (Wolverhampton). Reserves: Rory Schlein (Ipswich), Daniel King (Peterborough).

Line Up is now

Holder, Crump, Lindgren, Adams, Harris, King, Swiderski, Bjerre, Gjedde, Bridger, Shields, Watt, Korneliussen, Schlein, Andersen, Iversen,

ELITE LEAGUE RIDERS' CHAMPIONSHIP LINE-UP (Birmingham, Wednesday August 20, 7.30pm - SPONSORED BY RENAULT BIRMINGHAM):

Chris Holder (Poole), Jason Crump (Belle Vue), Freddie Lindgren (Wolverhampton), Leigh Adams (Swindon), Chris Harris (Coventry), Lewis Bridger (Eastbourne), Piotr Swiderski (Ipswich), Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough), Charlie Gjedde (Belle Vue), Daniel King (Peterborough), Adam Shields (Lakeside), Davey Watt (Poole), Mads Korneliussen (Swindon), Rory Schlein (Ipswich), Hans Andersen (Coventry), Niels Kristian Iversen (Wolverhampton).

Well at least we know Crumpy, Adams, Freddie and Neils will be there but the weather isnt great in the midlands and with the weather at present, I will watch this via the updates instead.

Don't think the pay is anywhere near what is paid for league matches and having ridden in Sweden last night, it may cost more to get back than what they get paid.

So that's Schlein in then. Changed your mind yet Sandie?

Nope - and I made that decision when I knew yesterday!!! :wink:

Edit - Just had a text from London Witch. She is still sat in her car and isnt going anywhere as it is 'raining' (not quite what she said but I cant repeat the rude word she used!!!)

Edited by Sandie