British Speedway Forum

Drury is claiming none of the riders will have ridden Perry Barr before, pretty sure Bjerre and Lindgren have though.

Chris Holder has, twice, at least. He rode as a guest for Tai Woffinden when Rye House were the visitors early on last season. Scored a maximum as far as I can remember

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come this one stop shop car park doesn't mind scores of speedway fans cars taking up their parking spaces? :blink: Normally at supermarkets, for example, there is a limit of two hours and I'm sure that's the job Joanne had a while ago; making sure no-one stayed for more than 2 hours on her little patch. :wink:

Most of the shops are closed by the time speedway starts

If you've never been before allow 10 minutes to find the one stop shop car park, you may be able to see it but actually getting there in a car is difficult the first time...

At least! :rolleyes: Had been there once before (last year) but this season I came from a different direction and went around in circles through one-way streets and all, I sure felt that way. Finally I was so d**n angry but was able to find my way into the car park. No wonder I start to lose my hair at an early age. :D

Whats the traffic like round the stadium area? What time would people recommend getting there etc...

You won't have any problems. Coming off the M6 to head to Perry Barr on the A34, you'll be going the same route, to go to the same car parks that Villa Park used for its FA Cup Semi Finals in years gone by. The odd car load of Man United and Arsenal fans never managed to defeat Perry Barr's infrastructure, so I doubt if the attendees for the ELRC will bring the place to its knees either.

The top tip will be the One Stop car park though. It has McDo-dah's, Burglar King and Kentucky Fried Squirrel there in case you feel peckish. Second choice for me would be the University car park, which I hope will be well signposted. Mind you, if zillions of Man United fans can find their way to the University Car Park, then it should be easy peasy for the infinately more intelligent speedway fan to find it.

Any more local familiarisation needed, here's the place as seen by Google Maps - http://www.brummiesfans.com/forum/cms_view...icle.php?aid=14

The University car park is that tree-lined bit in the bottom right hand corner of the initial image. The One Stop Car Park is just off screen from the bottom left (zoom out to see it)

Hope that this helps.

Are there definately tickets available on the day because theres been alot said about them already being sold out?

You can pay on the night and there will be tickets available.

Think it will be a big crowd but would be surprised if its a sell out.

At least! :rolleyes: Had been there once before (last year) but this season I came from a different direction and went around in circles through one-way streets and all, I sure felt that way. Finally I was so d**n angry but was able to find my way into the car park. No wonder I start to lose my hair at an early age. :D

Sure You was!:) Your words in the car that time was worst then ever........

When We going back this season it will be Lynn in the play-off.......not Brummies You hope Anders?;)

Cheers,,,,,

Sure You was!:) Your words in the car that time was worst then ever........

When We going back this season it will be Lynn in the play-off.......not Brummies You hope Anders?;)

Out of a driving/traffic perspective, I would prefer King's Lynn, yes. :approve:

Would've actually been fun to watch the ELRC around Perry Barr though. Strong line-up as always, but I guess there will withdrawals as usual...anyone yet?

How come this one stop shop car park doesn't mind scores of speedway fans cars taking up their parking spaces? :blink: Normally at supermarkets, for example, there is a limit of two hours and I'm sure that's the job Joanne had a while ago; making sure no-one stayed for more than 2 hours on her little patch. :wink:

It's just empty....so I suppose they have no problem with it. With the nearby fast-food outlets, it probs gives em a little bit of trade. Good for a quick getaway as well because it leads straight to the main road.

I was told yesterday 'tocha' that the tickets were sold out by some guy who did not seem to know what he was on about, tried again today and booked them, albeit with a different person on the helpline.

The Company selling them is called; see tickets

Hope that is of help, I understand that a limited amount of tickets will be kept back for the night.

The meeting does not need to be moved from Birmingham for any reason.

Following your post I booked tickets via the ticket hotline last Monday and was informed that they would be put in the post the same day. I have just returned home from a week's holiday to find a letter stating that due to circumstances beyond their control they will not be available until the day of event from 19.30 hours onwards - that's when it starts! They provide a tel. no. to phone but so far I have been 'greeted' by a message stating no-one is available whereapon the call is terminated. Anybody else had a similar communication?

Edited by tocha

Well decision made - I managed to get to the Pairs today so I wont be going to Perry Barr on Wednesday

(Happy now Adder!)

Awwww I'll miss you :( I was looking forward to you seeing me on the centre green ;)

Anyone wondering re seating etc, there's no extra being put up, but the 3rd and 4th bends will be open unlike regular home meetings.

Bart

:)

Awwww I'll miss you :( I was looking forward to you seeing me on the centre green ;)

Anyone wondering re seating etc, there's no extra being put up, but the 3rd and 4th bends will be open unlike regular home meetings.

Bart

:)

The view any good from there? Also, does anyone know what time the shops are open to at the One Stop?

3rd and 4th bend opening, what a great bloody idea, won't be able to see owt because of the airfence :rolleyes:

I'm guessing its similar to the first and second bends which are well attended so the viewing off them must be ok for regular meetings, though not sure how it'll work out with the air fence. The atmosphere is always spot on at Brum, very vocal so with the added fans I'm sure it will be a superb night!

Don't forget its airhorn free at Brum and they're really strict about it.

Edited by Superbart

Top post 21CH.

Good to see the club working with the Uni too, a good sign that, hopefully.

I should have mentioned that. Hopefully Wednesday will see a turning point for the relationship between B'ham Speedway and BCU.

Whats the traffic like round the stadium area? What time would people recommend getting there etc...

No probs when you're off the motorway. Use J7 and you're almost there. Most of the traffic at that time is heading out of the City rather than in, and much of that is heading along the Aston Express way towards J6.

Just allow yourself some time as the M6 from J11 to J8 can be extremely busy at times. It's hit and miss. Sometimes you breeze through, and other times you will have to crawl for a few miles.

How come this one stop shop car park doesn't mind scores of speedway fans cars taking up their parking spaces?

Simply because the shops are closed, or mostly if not all, by half seven on a Wednesday evening. Even at other times I doubt there would be a problem. There's plenty of parking there, and I guess they would hope people arrive early and pop in to one or two shops.

Are there definately tickets available on the day because theres been alot said about them already being sold out?

The B'ham website shows a cost for paying on the night.

Anyone know the crowd limit at the stadium? Has the bspa checked?!!!!

I don't have an exact figure, but with significant space available inside as well as people outside it must hold something in the region of 6000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I've never noticed but is the 3rd/4th bend banked?