British Speedway Forum

If the temporary stand is granted then I will be coming along - if not I will be asking for a refund on my ticket that I still havent used since kings Lynn.

I am less than 5 foot so I have no chance of seeing anything at this meeting having been before and knowing the problems.

Very sad really as I think its really good for Birminham and also close to home :lol:

Can anyone shed any light on if this is being discussed please

We can sit in the Grandstand though can't we? We were planning to sit in the lower tier, as we will have two elderly people in our party who can't stand for too long. Can someone please tell me if this is right?

Looking forward to my first visit to Perry Barr.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe it only holds 1800 thats a very small stadium, I also remember 6000 for the alan hunt meeting but ive never been so not sure.

Bit worried about the tickets but cant believe they have sold out. Can anyone clarify this?

To try and settle this I have emailed the stadium office today asking that they confirm that there will be tickets available on the day and an idea of spectator capacity. I'll post details when I get a reply.

To try and settle this I have emailed the stadium office today asking that they confirm that there will be tickets available on the day and an idea of spectator capacity. I'll post details when I get a reply.

I was told yesterday 'tocha' that the tickets were sold out by some guy who did not seem to know what he was on about, tried again today and booked them, albeit with a different person on the helpline.

The Company selling them is called; see tickets

Hope that is of help, I understand that a limited amount of tickets will be kept back for the night.

The meeting does not need to be moved from Birmingham for any reason.

just a bit worried though that Birmingham only holds, what...1,800 people ? And with the air-fence up, only 800 of them will see anything more than just passing helmets !

Perry Barr I reckon could hold about 3000 -4000 for this meeting. There was 6000 for the alan hunt memorial meeting but you could stand on the 1/2 bend for that. With an airfence in place, viewing on the first second bend would be restricted. I would imagine they would put up another temporary stand on the bend to counter it. We average about 1500 for league meetings despite our indifferent season.

Viewing at PB compared to other tracks isnt great but having a great race track thats usually quite grippy will make up for it.

I didnt mean you cant see the track at all, just in some areas its not good in others like the first and second bend.

That's a big chunk of the stadium that's not as good, isn't it? 1st and 2nd you won't be able to see, 3rd and 4th and backstraight you can't stand on. Hmmm....

The line-up's not likely to affect the quality of the meeting. It'll be a good one, I'm sure.

Just a bit worried though that Birmingham only holds, what...1,800 people ? And with the air-fence up, only 800 of them will see anything more than just passing helmets !

I'll be getting there early and climbing on the roof of the stand, just to be sure :P

Couldn't care less who wins, I just want entertaining B)

Can you tell me Steve if we will be able to sit in the lower tier of the Grandstand?

Drury is claiming none of the riders will have ridden Perry Barr before, pretty sure Bjerre and Lindgren have though.

Harris now in as Hampel has pulled out. Schlein now 1st reserve so if anyone else pulls out, he's in.

Freddie rode for Wolves there, at the end of last season. Scored the same as Sitera !

Don't remember Bjerre riding...

Schlein rode in the Second City Trophy.

Holder's been twice.