British Speedway Forum

Let's Get Behind Team Gb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tai - 4 more tai`s please and we could be winners. Just goes to show if you throw em in young they will learn and just might score you some points.

and to think the previous manager was quoted as saying he wasn't going to use any riders from the PL :rolleyes:

Very disappointing from team GB, and a very poor show from our new TM.

There is little point in saying how good Richardson has been in the past, it's now that counts. He was woeful at Coventry, and nothing more than a joke tonight.

A decent contribution from him, and we would be celebrating now, and they would be hailed as heroes.

At least it was a better show from us tonight....but still some deadwood to be cleared out.

On the bright side, we had Woffy! a 17 year old, first time in the world cup, and the first time on this track, and fantastic commitment.

Some of the more established riders need to take note about the latter.

Edited by BritPete

In all the woes of TEAM GB being knocked out of the SWC didn't give the winners a thought. Well done Poland and Sweden ...... and good luck to Team Australia :approve:

We've gone all separate ways in the house now got an Aussie, a Swede and for some unknown reason a Dane.

Give it 3 or 4 Years no - next year we've waited far too long, young Tai looks certain to fill the shoes vacated by the late Great Kenny Carter - Richardson is pants and the way things are going so are our 2 GP contenders - The only good thing about tonight was young Tai, who needs the EL.

Good posting and right to the point,without tai it wouldnt have been much better than monday,and this up against a swedish team down on strength

nicholls-good in el but rubbish at this level

harris-too inconsistent

richardson-outclassed

woffinden-head and shoulders above rest of brits

kennett-out of his depth but potential for improvement

allen-just out of his depth

stead-same as allen

sorry but it will be more than 3 or 4years before we get it right,no one else other than tai knocking on the door

and to think you head hunted him............

STEVE HONE FOR TEAMGB MANAGER :approve:

Give it to me, I'll do it :shock: but the work starts now!

My first pick is Tai and he would be Captain :wink:

The rest need to prove to me they are worth a squad place

That is it then we are out SWC, what do we do next before we disappear of the radar, and become the new Hungary of World Speedway.

My answer is clear and I hope that the BSPA listen and act, lets forget the senior team for the next two or three years and concentrate on our Under 21 team, and the younger riders.

Forget the likes of Nicholls, Richardson, Stead and Allen they are old hat they have had their time, and lets face are not going to win us anything, and we need now to be brave.

Lets put the emphasis on the Under 21 title, we have a young talent out there in Tai Woffenden, who all through in age is still only 17, but in riding terms is 21, start building a side around Tai, this lad is not just a very fine speedway rider, but also a fine leader.

We need to act quickly, and one of the first appointments this country needs is to make some place in the England set up for Rob Woffenden, forget Loram, Havvy and Roscoe this is the man we need to advise us on how we progress, the man has nutured the rider that is possibly the best chance that we have to produce our next future World Champion.

The first thing that the BSPA need to do next season is bring back the Doubling up rule, this country is obsessed with the idea that rider need to be in the Elite League full time to prove that they have the ambition, well last night proved a point Tai was in the World Cup team and was the brightest thing in the Team GB side, where was Lewis Bridger, never even made the squad of the last 7, Lewis is rider with talent and by rights the guy should have made the squad, for me the fact that Lewis went full time Elite and bypassed the Premier has been his biggest dowfall.

Lets stop the obsession with young riders moving into the Elite full time, and insist that they have two years Premier League riding, let them double up, but lets let they lads build up their confidence win races earn more money.

This will all take time, and the BSPA and us as fans have to patient, we are going to take more fall and lose or not qualify for certain meetings, but we need to stick to a plan and follow it through.

That is it then we are out SWC, what do we do next before we disappear of the radar, and become the new Hungary of World Speedway.

My answer is clear and I hope that the BSPA listen and act, lets forget the senior team for the next two or three years and concentrate on our Under 21 team, and the younger riders.

Similar idea, see my original post below :wink:

For what it's worth my team would be:

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Eddie Kennett

Tai Woffinden

Lewis Bridger

Mixture of experience and youth - building for the future :wink:

Similar idea, see my original post below :wink:

Not read through only skirted through the original posts on this subject, and I am glad that someone else is thinking along the same lines, I just hope that the BSPA, and the Team GB management are thinking along the same lines.

I just think its upsetting that british hopes again lie with 17 year olds hopefully this time we won't put huge amounts of pressure on them and just let them get on with the job ! Agreeing with the majority of fans here it is going to be 4 - 5 years before we can get excited about a world cup meeting which I think reflects poorly on the performances at this level of Nicholls, Harris and sick note ! It's all been said before so lets look forward to a good meeting sat.