British Speedway Forum

Let's Get Behind Team Gb

As a few Swindon fans will know I'm always optimistic :)

I'm starting too believe TeamGB can actually qualify tonight!

As most know Poland aren't the greatest away from there own tracks and on paper we're just as good as Sweden, we just have to want it more than they do :unsure:

Ruddy hell Rico, there is optimism and then there is rank stupidity!!!

Are you down the New Inn for the proceedings tonight?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chances of qualifying for Saturdays final are negligable, but you never know. Kennett and Tai might ride way above their capabilities,

As did Davidsson,Ljund and Nermark on Monday.On paper IMO we are better than Sweden and because Poland dont travel to well I'd put us above them also.Hopefully Lynch will hammer those words home to them.

whats the point tho? with due respect even if they make the final there not going to win it or even come second.its just the relity of it,if they mke the finl there there only going to be mking the numbers up

Not much point in you watching it then,do you want shooting now or later :lol:

What about if you were told your support wasn't wanted?

"Gosh" Sub,when did the poles tell you that :lol:

All depends on Poland's line-up for me. Kasprzak and Holta are very patchy at the minute and it seems Jagus will be replaced by Walasek. They are out of form but unless there is a vast improvement in terms of determination we'll have no chance.

Sweden surprised me on Monday. I didn't expect Nermark and Ljung to show up so well.

Personally I just want a battling performance which may gain some credibility. More Allen-esque on Monday than Richardson-esque.

Ruddy hell Rico, there is optimism and then there is rank stupidity!!!

Are you down the New Inn for the proceedings tonight?

The way I see it Lindgren/Jonsson and Harris/Nicholls are evenly matched.

Richardson can/should match Judas D.

And Woffman/Kennett who knows but up against Nermark/Ljung it doesn't look that bad.

I'll be honest i've based this on the british league meetings i've seen these riders in and that may not be the best view but from that point of view and the fact it's on a netural track I don't see too much difference.

As i said in a previous post if TeamGB want it more then i can see no reason why they can't qualify.

And yeah i'll be down the New Inn tonight.

Not just because i,m a Worky fan but Daniel Nermark rode to his potential. Do not forget Wolverhampton did want to sign him at the start of this season and his current PL average is around 10.67. :approve:

i agree with your sentiment,there has been a lot of old tosh about how nermark did the premier proud,but the truth is he is far more worthy of an elite berth than 20% of the current riders.

they might be evenly matched at pasty eating but there not evenly matched at speedway.

they might be evenly matched at pasty eating but there not evenly matched at speedway.

Ok in GP's Lindgren/Jonsson are far better but in the British League they're not.

Neither of these four ride Vojens that often so there's advantage to anyone.

I'm just trying to be Positive that's all

Richardson can/should match Judas D.

And Woffman/Kennett who knows but up against Nermark/Ljung it doesn't look that bad.

I'll be honest i've based this on the british league meetings i've seen these riders in and that may not be the best view but from that point of view and the fact it's on a netural track I don't see too much difference.

As i said in a previous post if TeamGB want it more then i can see no reason why they can't qualify.

And yeah i'll be down the New Inn tonight.

Yes, but the Swedes haven't got Jim Lynch as Manager, have they :wink:

Not just because i,m a Worky fan but Daniel Nermark rode to his potential. Do not forget Wolverhampton did want to sign him at the start of this season and his current PL average is around 10.67. :approve:

D Nermark rode to his PL potential,which sadly team GB could'nt.Hopefully tonight they will all ride to thier cappability and progress to the final.

Unlike you to ignore one of my postings Sub :rolleyes: Who's told you not to support TEAM GB :unsure:

Would I ever ignore one of your posts, dear lady? Of course not.

The words of mine that you quoted were a reply to SilverBee, nee SilverCheetah, who changed his name after being told that his support and money wasn't wanted by the then Oxford promoter. Thus, when he stated that he'd always support Great Britain I made an off-the cuff comment, which SilverBee understood and responded to.

Question - According to a guest with us tonight the rule book says that that back mud guard is required to have a push bar!

Is this still a rule.

If YES - can we have all of Freddie Lindgren's points back please!!??? Check out his bike :unsure:

OK, so we are out of the World Cup.

Not a great disaster. Why can't we just admit that we lost because Poland and Sweden have better riders?

Fact is GB do not have a strong team at present, but there are plenty of young talented riders around. Give it 3 or 4 years, and I think we will be back in the top 4 nations again.

Great thing about tonight was that the boys were up for it - which they certainly weren't on Monday.

OK, so we are out of the World Cup.

Not a great disaster. Why can't we just admit that we lost because Poland and Sweden have better riders?

Fact is GB do not have a strong team at present, but there are plenty of young talented riders around. Give it 3 or 4 years, and I think we will be back in the top 4 nations again.

Great thing about tonight was that the boys were up for it - which they certainly weren't on Monday.

Give it 3 or 4 Years no - next year we've waited far too long, young Tai looks certain to fill the shoes vacated by the late Great Kenny Carter - Richardson is pants and the way things are going so are our 2 GP contenders - The only good thing about tonight was young Tai, who needs the EL.

Well we did slightly better and seemed spurned on by Tai`s enthusiasm and by Bombers 2nd ride. Then on it went a bit flat.

Scottie - up and down nite. Was challenging at least.

Bomber - looked quicker and a contender in most heats.

Richardson - surely now MUST lose his automatic nomination. The weakest of weak links.

Kennett - did as much as i expected internationally. Nothing. He needs grooming for the big stage.

Tai - 4 more tai`s please and we could be winners. Just goes to show if you throw em in young they will learn and just might score you some points. Next year gotta be built around youth. It how Denmark rebuilt. We now have NO OPTION but to go into World Cup oblivion like the Danes did for a few seasons while we build up the next challengers. perservering with what we have isnt good anymore.

Bring on the future - bring it on 2009.