British Speedway Forum

Let's Get Behind Team Gb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I am asking a lot, especially after Mondays pathetic efforts. But it's the semi final of the WTC and we need a decent performance out of them.

The chances of qualifying for Saturdays final are negligable, but you never know. Kennett and Tai might ride way above their capabilities, and Harris and Nicholls might just try and ride a bit better than Monday.

Whatever happens TeamGB can't ride as badly as Monday, can they?:oops:

Come on TeamGB, get your fingers out of your backside and show some national pride!!! I would like nothing better than to come on here this time tomorrow and start a thread saying well done on a fine effort.

Well said Steve and I agree wholeheartedly another day another dollar I think the saying goes, I am sure that this will be a different Team GB coming out, and will do us proud.

What about if you were told your support wasn't wanted?

good job middlo wasnt in charge then. because his words said it all monday nite :angry:

Sure, Oxford through & through!

Looking forward to "Aussie Bee" on Saturday & "Danish Bee" the day after. :lol:

ouch :blink:

I’m not British BUT……..

I know what it is like to be frustrated with this sport…..I take each and every win with pride when a rider is from my country……

That being said I like a lot of riders from lots of different countries…But I have to say I have a soft spot for the Brits….

At this point they are big underdogs…like my county 99.9 percent of the time…. I know it sucks, BUT every sport comes full circle and that day will be here…again…when the younger Brit riders see there country back the team win or lose, they see what they are fighting for every race day.

Listen you still have a fighting chance…Yes even for a podium spot, in my eyes…WIN OR LOSE!! Hang in there, back your team …Hell, I am!!

OK I am asking a lot, especially after Mondays pathetic efforts. But it's the semi final of the WTC and we need a decent performance out of them.

The chances of qualifying for Saturdays final are negligable, but you never know. Kennett and Tai might ride way above their capabilities, and Harris and Nicholls might just try and ride a bit better than Monday.

Whatever happens TeamGB can't ride as badly as Monday, can they?:oops:

Come on TeamGB, get your fingers out of your backside and show some national pride!!! I would like nothing better than to come on here this time tomorrow and start a thread saying well done on a fine effort.

Good on you Steve'o. Anybody from England supporting other riders/countries over their country is an absolute digrace.

Although we will finish third I will feel much more comfortable watching as we will be giving two youngsters who have a chance to get upto world class level riding and gaining more experience. Lets be honest, our top three at the moment in world class terms are well short.

Found it very hard to get behind the team or overly enthusiastic with riders like Stead and Allen in there. Both crap and both non racers and should have been nowhere near it.

By the way, take that chav earring off Harris. Shocking behaviour.

Edited by Chris

Good on you Steve'o. Anybody from England supporting other riders/countries over their country is an absolute digrace.

Although we will finish third I will feel much more comfortable watching as we will be giving two youngsters who have a chance to get upto world class level riding and gaining more experience. Lets be honest, our top three at the moment in world class terms are well short.

Found it very hard to get behind the team or overly enthusiastic with riders like Stead and Allen in there. Both crap and both non racers and should have been nowhere near it.

By the way, take that chav earring off Harris. Shocking behaviour.

One of those rode in the GB team last year. Eddie Kennett rode in the first round at Coventry and in the Final. He scored 10 points at Coventry as well.

He has increased his average this year, he was 2nd in the British Final, earned the Wild Card at Cardiff....and yet wasn't selected for Coventry this year. Why ??

I have a feeling we are going to do well tonight. Looking at those lineups rider for rider we could qualify if the riders show bulldog fight and the right attitude.

They ahve to give it their all or will come up short, but its a new day on a new track and as long as TeamGB start well enough there could be a chance here of making the final.

How the bookmakers see tonight's Race-Off ........

Poland 8/13

Sweden 7/4

Great Britain 16/1

Russia 500/1

Enough Said !! ......... :unsure::unsure:

Is that to win the meeting tonight? or just too qualify?

16/1 would have been a risk well worth taking if it was to qualify. An injury or ef at the wrong tome, plus the use of the joker can see us through. Poland sometimes don't travel well and tonight could be the night.

Obviously the odds are stacked against us going through, but the riders might ride above themselves tonight to make up for Mondays abysmal performance. Well am hoping so!

I think the very least we can expect is an improved performance From Monday, I still hope we can sneak into the final if the Poles dont turn up. I also expect the boys to attend practice, and then to inspect the track once they return to the stadium as the chances are it will be slicker than it was in the afternoon.