British Speedway Forum

Let's Get Behind Team Gb

OK I am asking a lot, especially after Mondays pathetic efforts. But it's the semi final of the WTC and we need a decent performance out of them.

The chances of qualifying for Saturdays final are negligable, but you never know. Kennett and Tai might ride way above their capabilities, and Harris and Nicholls might just try and ride a bit better than Monday.

Whatever happens TeamGB can't ride as badly as Monday, can they? :oops:

Come on TeamGB, get your fingers out of your backside and show some national pride!!! I would like nothing better than to come on here this time tomorrow and start a thread saying well done on a fine effort.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's Get Behind Team Gb

I got new trainers for my birthday, which one would you like me to push round? :wink:

Seriously Steve ..... I'll be sat there tv., on computer on, watching the SWC and hopefully I wont be cringing at our performance .... COME ON ED & TAI show them what you're made of :approve:

I shall be supporting them without a doubt. Never even considered supporting anyone else in a world cup, or not supporting the Brits.

Supporting other nations is a real pet hate of mine. :angry:

Ditto. I'm British. I'll cheer on the British team.

well i will be supporting them tomorrow night even though it will be a big ask to qualify. the disappointing thing will be if like monday they never look in with a chance. hope the rider changes work out and young woffinden has a good night to what could start a big future for the lad.

Guest chris26
Ditto. I'm British. I'll cheer on the British team.

yep, I'll third that B)

you stick with your team through good and bad... you take the rough with the smooth. :):D

I shall be supporting them without a doubt. Never even considered supporting anyone else in a world cup, or not supporting the Brits.

Supporting other nations is a real pet hate of mine. :angry:

Me too SB but really cannot help being disappointed with Mondays perfomance athough can't grumbleas we got through to the play offs now we just got to make the final

What about if you were told your support wasn't wanted?

Who's told you that Sub? :unsure:

I must be ill..... I agree with Steve Shovlar, lets get behind OUR Country,

Team GB.

Sorry, I have pride in my nationality, I'm British through and through,

supporting another country, no matter who, is like committing treason

for me.

Ok, so we're not good enough, or weren't on Monday, but as speedway

has shown time and again, its a fickle sport and can kick you in the

gonnads at anytime.... you listening Denmark...Australia et al.

Regardless of finishing postion on Thursday evening, I will still support

Great Britain, its my country of birth, win lose or draw at least

we're in it and having a go. I may not like losing, but if thats the case,

so be it. Although I have this strange feeling that we may just qualify.

Go Get 'Em Boys......

Calmed down a bit after Monday night's events and being proud of my nationality tomorrow I shall be behind GB again. Will go after an Aussie win on Saturday if GB don't get there but the points are back to 0 now so remaining optimistic about GB's chances :approve:

Edited by tigerblues

whats the point tho? with due respect even if they make the final there not going to win it or even come second.its just the relity of it,if they mke the finl there there only going to be mking the numbers up

Because its a world cup final, because it means we retain a place in the worlds top 4, because it would give our young riders more experience at the very top level & most of all because I'm British!