British Speedway Forum

What Do You Expect On Thursday

cos if you want to post during the meeting, you're meant to do it on the updates site.

Oh right, thank you Lisa.

I wonder if maybe the mods should have posted that when closing the thread then, it happened Monday night and I know I was not the only one wondering.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He actually put the bike down before the Russian hit him too. Not a good decision from the ref. No contact at all.

Indeed!!! I was screaming at the telly about that and all Kelvin could say was - "yes, Laguta came in too fast"................what??!!! Maybe Kelvin was confused as this is what riders do that actually give a damn.

Richardson was so poor tonight and in that heat, he got a fright and laid it down - a little bit like when Harris done it against Andersen a couple of year back at Reading.

Russia are on the up. For me, Team England are close to be the 6th best team in the world. Denmark and Australia are on another planet compared to Team England. Poland and Sweden are streets ahead too. And now the Russians with the Laguta brothers and Sajfutdinov coming through, Team England are struggling!

Has to be the end of the line for Kennett and Richardson. For me only Tai and Chris done well tonight. Even Nicholls wasn't too great - considering how good HE thinks he is!

Why did it take Kelvin Tatum MBE about twenty minutes to decide that the global superstar had shoved Ljung off on Monday night and about two seconds to decide that Laguta had knocked off Richardson tonight. Shameful, shameful commentary from Tatum.

Laguta was pushing hard and racing, while Richardson was riding like an old maid. In fact, that is unfair to old maids.

He's starting to rival Pearson in how annoying his commentary is,as long they're not a Brit,he screams for almost anyone to be excluded.

Edited by MattyHart

overall.... average night for gb. BUT great to see Woffinden at least being able to compete at WC Level. Good stuff :approve: - Harris was better tonight too.

lee richardson, hang your head in shame..... once again, letting the nation down. Some may think it is unfair criticism to pick on Rico but to be fair, he is capable and SHOULD have done better than what he has done. Very disappointing.

Got to agree with you Chris, tbh Richardson didn't even look part of the team, all the rest we're mucking in including Danny King & James Wright but Lee looked a lonely disconsolate figure, not what you need when everything needs to be right.

Measure that with young Tai,we should be proud of this young boy. Kennett isn't my favourite rider tbh but i think he was a tad unlucky tonight & we could have seen more from him if he hadn't made that error in his 2nd ride. Alot better from Chris & Scott too, some pridre has ben restored but unfortunately it wasn't quite enough for a place in the final, IF Lee had done his job maybe it could have been a different story.

Their is alot to build on for 2009, their are some riders whose time at this level is possibly over, for others it is just begining, just nurtured it correctly B.S.P.A, handouts from guys like John Clarke of Builbase are very welcome i'm sure but you guys should be dipping into your own pockets.

Edited by colincooke

Laguta was pushing hard and racing, while Richardson was riding like an old maid. In fact, that is unfair to old maids.

not even you can believe that sub,laguta is clearly a talented exciting rider who all promoters should be desperate to sign,but he is also clearly mental and knocked poor little lee off.

oh and most stupid comment of the night,tatum suggesting wright was there for world cup experience.

if that was true they would have been better off just taking a pregnant woman.

Russia are on the up. For me, Team England are close to be the 6th best team in the world. Denmark and Australia are on another planet compared to Team England. Poland and Sweden are streets ahead too. And now the Russians with the Laguta brothers and Sajfutdinov coming through, Team England are struggling!

Well, Gregorij Laguta might end up a Latvian one of these days. But keep an eye out for another Russian wonderkid called Artiom Vodjakov - he's just sixteen-years-old and in the same mould as Sajfutdinov (18-years-old) and Artiom Laguta (17-years-old).

Good racing on a slick track, better presentation than Coventry the flag was the right way up.

The right teams progressed to the final, all the British riders rode to their potential, more so in the case of Tai Woffinden very impressive debut. If Lynch remains in the job he needs to be aware of the strengths of his riders, Nicholls and pressure don't mix.

Well, Gregorij Laguta might end up a Latvian one of these days. But keep an eye out for another Russian wonderkid called Artiom Vodjakov - he's just sixteen-years-old and in the same mould as Sajfutdinov (18-years-old) and Artiom Laguta (17-years-old).

Seems Russia are on the up and up unlike GB who Woffinden apert look to be nose-diving into oblivion.

Not read the rest of the thread, cba at the minute so will do later.

Briefly, GB:

Rico - umm.. yes. Not acceptable, he really struggled.

Tai - WUFFY, WUFFY, WUFFY! Did the job, can't ask for more. Such an intelligent lad. Couldn't be prouder he was representing GB.

Bomber - made a few silly mistakes, scored the points though, not bad.

Eddie - gave it a go, didn't disgrace himself one bit, did better than Steady on Monday and better than him and Allen would've done tonight. Well done Ed!

Scotty - led the team well, looked more bothered than Monday, not his best though.

As for the others, Swedes were class, Nermark in his 2 good races was outstanding, Ljung impressive bar 2 races, the rest were consistently brilliant. Poles were good all through the order. Russians are mental :blink: Laguta the Scooter (thanks, Millard) was great :D wouldn't be bad seeing a few over here and in the future they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Scooter didn't deserve to be excluded, he came under Rico a bit hard, granted, but there was no contact and I think Rico bailed out rather than tried to outdo him like harder riders would. Most of the GB didn't have a clue where the dirt was, in particular Rico who just hung around mid-track rather than went wide where he could've stopped a few riders who had a clear run to the corner because he left the door open, so he just got passed! Remember Lindgren I think it was came round the outside and whoever the GB rider was just let him round but they need to show more balls and ride harder or they'll never win anything. Track produced some good racing, surprisingly as it was quite slick.

Anyway onto Saturday now where we are guaranteed a treat. Swedes and Poles will be in the mix and seeing Leigh and Jason against Nicki and Hans, the real big guns clashing. Can't wait, and whilst I am really gutted we're not through, I think GB's absence improves the standard of the final.

Edited by tigerblues

Very well done SWEDEN - we are in the final a great effort from the Swedes

Congrats to Sweden and Poland.

Team GB... oh dear... :blink:

:cry:

Poor management from Lynch again. Under-estimated Jagus and Davidsson, while over-estimating the global superstar, in Ht 15. The global superstar always fails to deliver when on a Joker ride in the SWC. And playing it on a programmed ride means that rider (whom you clearly think is worthy) can't take a tactical substitute ride.

It is time to let the younger riders in on the act. Tai could not do any more and Kennett was perhaps trying too much. Both made up for Monday. Going forward, time to re-group, drop Richardson and concentrate on the likes of Daniel King (would not have done any worse than Richardson and should have replaced him tonight), Olly Allen and other young Brits. In fact based on this week British speedway needs to think about number one and this involves a radical re-think of the use of foreign riders in league speedway in the UK. As for Scott and Chris, they are not world class and perhaps with the grooming of younger riders and bringing them on rather than worrying about winning may help bth them and the team. Too uch pressure on two riders is not working.

One final point and it is Bob Dugards views in the SS which I agree. Scrap the yearly world cup and make it every two or three years to give it some creditability and perhaps replace it with test matches again to give riders the experience.