British Speedway Forum

Cardiff Hotels

The price of hotels in Cardiff for the GP is stupid I am told that it is more for the speedway than for the football and the Rugby League millenium magic weekend.

I had a look round last night and as everybody is finding some hotels are saying they are full others are doubling prices for 26th-28th June Ibis want £300 for weekend :cry:

I know IMG/BSI and the Visit Wales tourist group are disgusted by the hotels prices and BSI have reminded the powers that be that they could go most large football ground in June.

I just hope that they keep the weekend the same as tthis year for the people like myself and other forum members who had booked rooms well before the date is announced

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have booked my room for next year but at a change of place....now all I have to hope is that I have guessed correctly!

Oh and have booked for 2 nights next year as my parents had the boys Friday night this year too so thought I would push it and ask them to have the boys Friday and Saturday plus pick them up from school on the Friday (now to start working on them :lol: )

Edited by crazysue

might be difficult when I dont drive. So sounds like I dont have much chance of getting a room. :cry:

If you take my advice avoid Cardiff Hotels far too expensive .............stay in Newport at a bed /breckie and get a train in to Cardiff (10 mins).

Last train back is about 1130 i believe

Edited by weymouth alicat

We got lucky this year as my other half got a free room in the hilton for the friday night but i actually booked the ibis at Cardiff gate bus park for 42.50 a room am thinking of camping next year tho as it was hard work to get the 2 rooms we needed.

We stayed in the Ibis on the Saturday night and managed to accidentally get a free breakfast - we thought it was B&B, and when we checked out they didn't mention anything about paying for the brekky we'd just eaten, so we left then realised we hadn't selected the B&B option.

Oops! :oops:

The rooms were nice and the service was good, though. Would recommend it for next year, and would be going back there but it seems to be booked up already!

I just phoned and secured the last room in the Big Sleep Hotel where we stayed on Saturday.

I read some poor reviews on an internet site, but to be honest we found it ok. The only problems we encountered were the lack of parking (the reduced rate at the NCP next door solved that) and the creaky beds, although again that wasn't a problem for us, only the neighbours ;)

Looking forward to it already :D

Edited by Shadders

I just phoned and secured the last room in the Big Sleep Hotel where we stayed on Saturday.

I read some poor reviews on an internet site, but to be honest we found it ok. The only problems we encountered were the lack of parking (the reduced rate at the NCP next door solved that) and the creaky beds, although again that wasn't a problem for us, only the neighbours ;)

Looking forward to it already :D

So are your neigbours :wink::lol:

So are your neigbours :wink::lol:

I don't know what you mean DB..I merely meant that I tend to move about in bed a lot due to this bad back I've got from carrying loaded mail bags 5 days a week ;)

I don't know what you mean DB..I merely meant that I tend to move about in bed a lot due to this bad back I've got from carrying loaded mail bags 5 days a week ;)

:lol: You`ve got to admit it`s not pleasant having to empty our sacks 5 days a week :lol:

:lol: You`ve got to admit it`s not pleasant having to empty our sacks 5 days a week :lol:

I'm surprised you remember seeing as you've been skiving off for so long ;)