British Speedway Forum

Cardiff Hotels

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caved in already and booked my room for fri/sat this year. Had a real problem with a lot of hotels, as they wouldn't take bookings so far in advance. Seeing as I booked my tickets this morning, had to go with the same hotel as this year(the Copthorne if youre interested). Cost was £280 for the 2 nights, and seeing as I got 1 night for £92 thi year, and a better quality of room to boot, they are already cashing in, it seems. But saying all that, couldn't really fault the hotel in any way, and at least I know what to expect! Will now take in the pairs at Somerset aswell, next year. Roll on!

It was always my intention, to book this one, and then shop around for a better deal. I have found cheaper, and closer to the stadium, but, they all have the policy of charging you immediately, therefore, if you cancel for whatever reason, you still get charged the full amount!

I would be interested to hear of how others are getting on with this problem, and would appreciate any help aswell.

Thanks

..... they all have the policy of charging you immediately, therefore, if you cancel for whatever reason, you still get charged the full amount!

Can't blame them really. They've probably got wise to the fact a lot of speedway fans double book rooms and then cancel at the last minute.

It was always my intention, to book this one, and then shop around for a better deal. I have found cheaper, and closer to the stadium, but, they all have the policy of charging you immediately, therefore, if you cancel for whatever reason, you still get charged the full amount!

I would be interested to hear of how others are getting on with this problem, and would appreciate any help aswell.

Thanks

I booked on the laterooms.com site at the novatel, there was no charge and I can cancel anytime up until the day, don't know if they've got anything left, they seem to be all getting booked up fast :unsure:

we are booked at the ibis for next year, they take payment on the day its £260 for the fri/sat.

Cheap and Cheerful at the etap (next to novotel) same hotel group as novotel and ibis - charged us £90 for two nights this year and they also take payment on the day. :)

Edited by BTL

Cheap and Cheerful at the etap (next to novotel) same hotel group as novotel and ibis - charged us £90 for two nights this year and they also take payment on the day. :)

Hate to say that I can beat that!!!

In the Lodge again - last year we paid £150 a night but by being very 'clever' I have the room for £62.50!!!!

So two nights in 2009 is cheaper than one night in 2008!!!

More money for entertaining!!! :lol::lol:

Never been before so i'll be making my first trip to Cardiff next year. Decided to make a weekend of it so have treated myself and the Mrs to 2 nights in a Junior suite at the Hilton. Think i better start saving!! :blink:

Oh well only live once :lol:

belive me you will enjoy your stay at the hilton well worth the money :D

:o You have rooms booked for next year Sandie? And how much? :lol:

Oh 21st, did I forget to tell you. Good job I told you this evening but I forgot the 50p!!!!

my hotel has doubled its price bloody stupid in this present tough financial climate. so its the end of the cardiff experience for my family.will now be content to watch it on sky sports.thats £240 the organisers have lost

Dont think you can blame the organisers (Thats the way I have read your post, apologies if that is wrong) - talking to the Lodge it is normal procedure for all EVENT weekends to increase their rates to £150 per room. So I asume all other hotels do the same.

I cant say I agree with it but it is the same all over.

You book a Travel Lodge and the prices change from area to area. You wouldnt expect to pay the same for a central London room as you would in the middle of Swindon or Coventry.

Market forces dictate the prices and I would rather spend the weekend in London than Swindon or Coventry!!! :lol:

Thats business for you

Edited by Sandie

Thanks lady s i'm looking forward to it already :wink:

your welcome and if you need anything ask for peter or mark on the conciergie desk they are very very good

even valeted our car for us this year..

and dont forget you get free use of the pool and fitness center as well . ;)

Unfortunately it's simple supply and demand economics. If anyone here owned a hotel in Cardiff you would do likewise. If not your business would probably go bust as you failed to maximise your profits. As a customer on the wrong side of profit margins it's bl00dy annoying to see costs rise left, right and centre. You only have to look at the profit that the big names announce every year to realise that we get ripped off every day. That's life!

Unfortunately it's simple supply and demand economics. If anyone here owned a hotel in Cardiff you would do likewise. If not your business would probably go bust as you failed to maximise your profits. As a customer on the wrong side of profit margins it's bl00dy annoying to see costs rise left, right and centre. You only have to look at the profit that the big names announce every year to realise that we get ripped off every day. That's life!

You only get ripped of if you pay it you got a choice .

Never been before so i'll be making my first trip to Cardiff next year. Decided to make a weekend of it so have treated myself and the Mrs to 2 nights in a Junior suite at the Hilton. Think i better start saving!! :blink:

Oh well only live once :lol:

Now that is my dream (apart from doing the VIP Methanol thing) for Cardiff!

Alas the purse strings wouldn't quite stretch to that for next year but who knows, I may win the lottery and join you the year after!

Of course. We could all live on a park bench if we so choose.

Not sure what your all about but anyhow if the cardiff hotels are a rip off don't stay there or don't go as i said you a got a choice no one is holding a gun to your head .