British Speedway Forum

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

or when somebody spins off into a wall, wishing they could hear the Family Fortunes buzzer noise!!
I think you've got that wrong. That noise signals the red light coming on. Great idea IMO. I notice a few tracks now use the same idea. Far easier to hear that noise than look for a few generally dodgy red lights, especially if the sun is shining on them.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've got that wrong. That noise signals the red light coming on. Great idea IMO. I notice a few tracks now use the same idea. Far easier to hear that noise than look for a few generally dodgy red lights, especially if the sun is shining on them.

Dont lets get facts or good ideas get in the way of a whinge, eh ?? :wink::wink:

Just back from Cardiff and after reading the main Cardiff thread seems our efforts with the Presenation/Music seemed to go down very well :)

I need to put together an email asap for IMG who booked us for the event as it was a trial with the intention of possibly using us at future GP's.

So if you have the time, could you please leave us a little feedback in this thread with what you liked etc. I have copied the comments from the main thread but the more the merrier. And keep them positive if possible LOL ;)

What a great Day !

Cheers

Bart

Unfortunately the 'themed music' for the riders was like one of those bad jokes that was vaguely amusing the first time you heard it but by the time it had been repeated umpteen times was really unfunny and annoying.

Also, who was the genius responsible for playing Gary Glitter when the juniors, one as young as 11 years old was racing? I found that to be a completely bizarrre and unacceptable choice of music. Maybe they had been in a bunker for years and had no idea of what he had been found guilty of.

I can't even begin to comprehend that anyone would be stupid enough to think that the 'ivor bigun' song was acceptable at a family event. I've read the comments regarding what is suitable for a 4 year old to hear but it's not just young children that sort of thing isn't acceptable to.

Far too many cliched choices of music i'm afraid and nothing new and exciting. Black box, ELP, John Williams and Queen. Cutting Edge stuff!!

God no please no !!!! - see its all about personal opinion and you cant please everyone......

Exactly my point with regard to the music that's played. There's no way the guys can please everyone. They simply have to play main stream music to please the masses.

However, I am still narked and annoyed by the use of "that song". And no, I'm not a prude -I can swear and cuss with the rest of them - but not in front of kids. I don't buy into the "they hear worse at school" stuff either - just because they hear worse it doesn't make it alright to play it. I sincerely hope that this will not be repeated if you get the gig next year.

One of them, Bart I think, has already adressed this. He said it was a mistake.