British Speedway Forum

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only heard what came over the telly but we were saying as we were watching it that whoever was doing the music deserved an award - it was superb, the most relevant I've ever heard, a touch of humour, obviously a lot of thought and as for when Chris Harris was walking back to the pits after breaking his nose, that was absolutly amazing. You could almost see him growing taller as he walked, I reckon it definitely gave him the lift he needed as well as the crowd.

Last time I was there is was the same boring 2 or 3 tracks all the time. This year we were listening more to the background at the end of races to see what little gem you were coming up with this time!

Well done mate, you'd definitely gat my vote

He's from Aus...or Bristol.....not Oz.

He's from Holstebro...nowhere near Copenhagen.

Just find this playing rubbish old records just because they might have some vague connection to the rider, very naff and embarrassing. Especially when you've clearly failed CSE geography.

If it was a modern song, and actually relevant, it might just work.

LOL can you suggest a song for Bjarne Pedersen? I wracked my brain but couldn't come up with anything except the slight Danish Link? ;)

Up to your usual standard Bart, if not better... :approve: I can't believe you got away with the tune mentioned by SCB... :shock: I didn't realise you had been booked to do the presentation, until I recognised the songs you played a Coventry LAST year :angry: ...it all adds to the enjoyment so much more..

Well done I'd say.

Superb Chris mate, a top show & exactly what Brandon is missing this year amongst other things.

Hopefully those at the helm can see that if IMG like it, it's gotta be good.

Good luck for next year & beyond

Regards CC.

Edited by colincooke

Respect for the pick of music aimed at Nicki, especially as you're a Nicki fan :) Made a few of us giggle and at times sit open mouthed and question "Is he really playing that?"

Hilarious made me spill my beer!

LOL can you suggest a song for Bjarne Pedersen? I wracked my brain but couldn't come up with anything except the slight Danish Link? ;)

Banana Splits ..... One Bjarne two Bjarne three Bjarne Four! :approve:

Superbart many many congratulations loved all of the music, not an Australian fan but especially loved the Tie me Kangaroo down sport :wink: and the NickiP tune towards the end, very tongue in cheek but made everyone smile including Ronnie Russell :approve: was singing along to everything ..... really hopinbg next year you are back!!!!!

Gotta ask Superbart, who EXACTLY did you play the Ivor Bigun track for???? :blink: (Stand by for several forum members claiming it was for them!!! :rolleyes: ) :lol:

I wouldn't suggest a song for Bjarne at all. You miss the point. I'm saying do away completely with the naff idea of playing some crap song that no one wants to hear just because you think it has some bizarre tenuous link to a rider in the race.

Forgive me if it was mentioned in a post, but who provided the pre-match entertainment this year? Used to be pretty decent - I saw the likes of the late Edwin Starr, Suzi Quattro and a Blues Brothers tribute band there.

I wouldn't suggest a song for Bjarne at all. You miss the point. I'm saying do away completely with the naff idea of playing some crap song that no one wants to hear just because you think it has some bizarre tenuous link to a rider in the race.

Thanks again, but it all add's to the fun, which is why we were booked by IMG ;). And judging by the feedback on here although I respect your views I can only assume they are in the minority. Lets face it the forum is usually where people whinge so to get a lot of good feedback is unusual. We must be doing something right!

Personally i thought the presentation and music was excellent and exactly what Coventry has been missing this season.

Easily the best at any Cardiff g.p..

Loved the rider victory tunes, land of hope and glory for bomber, and particulary the Nicki P mickey takes.

I sincerely hope you are back at the G.P. next year and that the Bees management come to their senses.

p.s. John Leslie - Pedantic post and generally misery arse award winner 2008.

Sorry to bring a negative to this but for me it just did not do it.not so much what was played but when it was played.when the riders are up at the gate for me that is when the tension for the race begins.but the music was still blaring out when the green light was on and in some cases the music was on when the riders where in the first turn.playing all fall down when harris and iverson took a nasty looking tumble was a bad choice i thought.sorry to be a negative.

Forgive me if it was mentioned in a post, but who provided the pre-match entertainment this year? Used to be pretty decent - I saw the likes of the late Edwin Starr, Suzi Quattro and a Blues Brothers tribute band there.

Belinda Carlisle, who look absolutely beautiful, but was miming.

As you ask for opinions here is mine:

I seem to be one of the few that thought the music wasn't as good as last year - the exception to this being the use of Land of Hope and Glory and the Proms music, which was quite frankly inspired.

I didn't like the "theme" songs after each winner - Danny Kaye singing "Hans Christian Andersen" and Wonderful COpenhagen" left me cold. As did the Kaiser Chif's "Ruby" when Runa Holta won his heat, and the less said about the themes used for the Aussies the better.

Just one question though - just exactly when did you decide that it was OK to play the Ivor Biggun song "I'm a W****r" in a stadium where children were present? I don't care who it was aimed at, it was not appropriate. I was absolutely appalled. :angry:

It was Belinda Carlisle, who was fairly good. Certainly not one of the worst pre-meeting singers we've had (*cough* Chas 'n' Dave *cough*) .

There were also 4 stunt motorcross type riders who were very good, although they did seem to go on too long doing the same things. If they'd had a few more tricks they'd have been excellent.

Some unknown bloke (someone Charles?) sang Delilah and Land of my Fathers and then sang the National Anthem not very well.

Why not get Belinda Carlisle to sing it since we're paying her? (she'd know that one without miming wouldn't she?)

Edited by John Leslie

The music this year got on my nerves a bit - playing the same bit of music every time a rider wins a race is so old hat and you wouldn't expect to find it at a showpiece event such as Cardiff :rolleyes:

Some plus points, though, such as the patriotic music to accompany Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris.

That can stay - but The Wizard Of Oz and Copenhagen and such like should go. :wink:

Who was doing the music in previous years? I'd say they did a better job.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

It was Belinda Carlisle, who was fairly good. Certainly not one of the worst pre-meeting singers we've had (*cough* Chas 'n' Dave *cough*) .

There were also 4 stunt motorcross type riders who were very good, although they did seem to go on too long doing the same things. If they'd had a few more tricks they'd have been excellent.

Some unknown bloke (someone Charles?) sang Delilah and Land of my Fathers and then sang the National Anthem not very well. Why not get Belinda Carlisle to sing it since we're paying her?

Pehaps 'cos she'd have to know the words to mime to it? Because that's what she did for all but 2 of her songs. At least the chap who sang as well was singing live (well he can't be that bad and still be miming, can he?)