British Speedway Forum

The Cardiff Grand Prix Discussion Thread

The referee is a disgrace :mad:

The track is a disgrace :mad:

If this is the best Speedway can offer no wonder the sport is in a mess!

The GP series is at a watershed, time for Speedway on speedway tracks!!

Great to see Nicholls and Bomber going well, but its really a lottery.

***Post split from referee topic by mod to start new topic***

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was hard riding, not dirty. Pedersen's riding was a joke.

However you define it, I'm right - there was clear contact and if Andersen had gone down, Harris would have been out. What's the distinction between "hard riding" and an exclusion for "unfair riding"?

The referee is a disgrace :mad:

The GP series is at a watershed, time for Speedway on speedway tracks!!

Great to see Nicholls and Bomber going well, but its really a lottery.

As are most of the temporary tracks.

Do we really have to wait until a rider is seriously injured (or worse) before giving up on these highly dangerous surfaces?

Bjarne Pedersen has been ROBBED.

So was Leigh Adams

Not sure I agree, the track may not be good, but there as been some excellent racing I thought, for once mainly from the Brits. No, not the best racing meeting, but entertaining.

Nicki conned the ref twice.

No he never. The ref got it wrong, how the heck can Pederson con the ref when on each occasion he was laying on the track. The referee got it totally wrong on each occasion, do not blame Pederson.

And for me, the biggest embarrassment of the night is that idiot Nigel Pearson. I have never heard a sports commentator make such an arrogant and disgraceful comment as 'end of' thus proclaiming his opinion is the only opinion worthy of consideration. Nigel 'scoop' Pearson is the biggest embarrassment to British speedway because if he irritates us fans, imagine what non fans must be thinking, and some may well be turning off.

On another more positive note, how great to see Johno doing the pit walk, informative and interesting, and the riders like him so he interviews well. Reminds me of the Brundle F1 pit walk.

Edited by Ashie

The track is clearly rutted and causing the riders major problems, Ashie.

The track is clearly rutted and causing the riders major problems, Ashie.

Yeah think I agreed it was not the best, but still provided for some entertainment. Not much, but have seen much worse GPs this season. Does look to to be a superb atmosphere though.

WELL DONE CRUMPIE!!!!

Yeah think I agreed it was not the best, but still provided for some entertainment. Not much, but have seen much worse GPs this season. Does look to to be a superb atmosphere though.

One minute its excellent racing Ashie, then ........ make your mind up :wink:

You must concede that this was one poor excuse for a speedway track! You should have been at Somerset last night, great racing on a PROPER speedway track

Gotta agree Phil, seems like Cardiff only provides thrills and spills because of its rutted surface, it can't give the riders confidence riding it.

Edited by DavidC

Gotta agree Phil, seems like Cardiff only provides thrills and spills because of its rutted surface, it can't give the riders confidence riding it.

True David, and these are the best riders in the world trying to navigate it safely at speed :rolleyes:

whit is pedersen playin at he got aff the track there like a gazelle could he no have done that in his previous two rides :wink: i had dosh on hancock so a wee re-run wouldnt have went amiss and who knows the baw bag in the box might even have let him back in :lol::P

Of course he did, NP could easily have stayed on his bike, but on both occasions he put it down knowing that if he stayed on he was well out of it. He chose to put it down both times.

When he was walking back to the pits he was pointing at his head as if to say "I used my noggin there"

What a load of rubbish, unless you're an international speedway rider past or present then you have no authority to make such a comment. He got pretty battered about tonight, you don't lay it down to get battered about.

Don't get me wrong, each occasion I think NP was to blame, but he was not conning anyone, he just got very, very lucky.

whit is pedersen playin at he got aff the track there like a gazelle could he no have done that in his previous two rides :wink: i had dosh on hancock so a wee re-run wouldnt have went amiss :lol::P

I think he was actually trying to complete the race rather than getting off the track,wasn't he? :unsure::lol:

Guest chris26

what was so bad about the track? it's normal for cardiff and any of them who can't ride it can't call themselves a rider of grand prix standard. crump was fine, hancock looked comfortable with it and though excluded in the final, Nicholls was adapting well. HOWEVER, once again, young Nicki saw his popularity stakes fall even further tonight. To see both Adams and Bjarne excluded for absolutely nothing when they were already AHEAD of Pedersen, he is just taking the pi$$... so justice was done in the final when he scored. don't get me wrong, I don't like seeing riders suffer injuries but nicki deserved NOTHING from the final and he got what he deserved. as the old addage goes, "what goes around comes around."

mind you, think our polish "pal" needs to get his eyes check or remove the wool from in front of them. that was honestly the WORST and most inadept performance I have ever seen from a referee. that was so woeful, I could have been blindfolded and still done a better job than him. :angry:

mind you, perhaps wario should be first name... as he looks like he ate all the cream cakes :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by chris26