British Speedway Forum

czech Gp (06 09 03)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great racing last night, despite the last third of the meeting being like a bad night at Brandon... no dirt just dust.

Jason Crump not only had the fastest bike, he held his nerve brilliantly after touching the tapes and then facing elimination and deserved to win, despite giving Scotty an almighty shove in their race. With a bit of luck this will be his year.

Rickardsson gave a real gutsy performance, a fantastic effort after all his problems. Write him off at your peril!

I must admit that I didn't notice Pedersen sticking a wheel out, I was too busy enjoying Adams' brilliant track craft.

Overall great stuff, setting up a real close finish. And just think, if that had been a 'one-off' final like the good old days, that would be it, no more speedway on the TV for a whole year! Phew! its okay, it wasn't and theres some more on in a couple of weeks... Wahey!

As one who notices the "little things in life" as well as the Speedway, I would like to nominate Hans Effin' Andersen as Rider of the Night. :D

Whilst the cameraman was following him back to the pits he proceeded to discharge the contents of both nostrils, one at a time, whilst holding one side of his nose with a finger.

I've always wondered how it's possible to manage this? Presumably it's advisable only when the wind is blowing in the right direction otherwise there might be a bit of a return to sender reaction.

Hans next time just wipe your nose on your sleeve. :P

Are most of the people on this forum 'Holta fans'? I'm very surprised that only one person has mentioned the incident he caused imo. I couldn't believe that Tony didn't exclude him :? Hate to disagree with my favourite rider, Sam, but I viewed the incident very differently. Sam said that AJ had his wheel in the air when Holta cut across, but the way I saw it was that AJ had his wheel down just before Holta's front wheel came up, and Holta's back wheel took AJ's front wheel. Even Nicki had to shut off quickly to avoid going into Holta as he cut across in front of him. Okay, it's a GP and everyones going for it, but imo Holta rode as though he was the only rider on the track :x :twisted:

Am I wrong :?: Did anyone see it differently :?:

That's exactly the way I saw it. I normally like Sam but I think he got it totally wrong. Even if AJ had of had is front wheel down, he still would have had nowehre to go because Rune was cutting across his space. Sam said AJ was at fault because he had his wheel up, well so did Rune, and so do a lot of riders coming out of the gate. Just don't know what Sam expected AJ to do, to miss the crash, and to blame him..... :evil: Even if the person hadn't of been AJ, if it had of been Nicki Pedersen, I still would have said Rune was at fault so I'm not being bias.

Whilst the cameraman was following him back to the pits he proceeded to discharge the contents of both nostrils, one at a time, whilst holding one side of his nose with a finger.

Quite professionally done there by Hans. I'd give him a full 5.9 for style and execution! :P Bet the director was sooo pleased he'd decided to leave the camera on Hans at that point! ;)

Hans next time just wipe your nose on your sleeve. :P

Or as in Nicki's case, wipe down your kevlars with an oily old rag, blow your nose in it and then proceed to carry on wiping your face with it.... :twisted: :lol:

Ugh! :-( I noticed that as well Rabbit, but thought I'd better not say anything about Nicki. :lol:

Now you know why I like to keep away from the pits at Speedway meetings so I can continue to look through my rose coloured glasses and think all the riders are wonderful. ;-)

I must just add to this thread on congratulating people. Mark Loram what a fella, offered Scott his bike for the rest of the evening although not needed, was a very good gesture. They are England team m8s but this Championship is an individual meeting. To lend someone your equipment without thought for himself deserves a huge pat on the back. Well Done Mark.

Good result on Saturday keeping the standings very close.

Had a great weekend. Nice to meet forum members Discoll and other half, Cheetahhawk and hubby, Ballanger, HOTSHOT and girlfriend, Steve Jones, and Full Throttle with Dawn. Especially nice to meet Julie and parents after 2 failed attempts in Wenceslas Square and 1 failed attempt at Brandon. Good sighting of Julie and parents on the TV.

Lovely city Prague is. Definately will be going back next year. Could have done with a bit of company on my non speedway days but I managed OK. Had some fun with FT, Steve Jones and Dawn on the way back from the speedway. Don't worry FT, I won't tell anyone what you got up to ;):D . Hope you all got back OK after our forum meeting in the the Old Town Square and thanks for making the day even more enjoyable for me :)

Thought it was a terrific GP and after trawling the 12 pages on the Prague GP thread and thinking "why is no-one mentioning the meeting" i then realised the thread started in March :oops: :oops: Think this is one I will try for next year.

My thoughts. Tomas lucky to get through and would have been eliminated if Todds engine never gave way but you have to last 4 laps as the argumentive Star Lady told me :P But i thought he was lucky :approve:

Don't know what happened in heat 14 could not see anything wrong but Adams kept glaring at Nick Pedersen after the race.

Thought Tomas Gollob produced the race of the night when bursting through two riders can't remember who? Thought he was gonna do his famous wide lines but then got in his bad habits of swopping bikes after 1/2 a lap for a re-start :?

Crump deserved winner perhaps he should be sponsored by Vidal Sasoon with all his rollers.

Disappointed with the brits and agree with Shazzy what a top move by Loram offering Nicholls his engines :approve::) Great Gp and one I hope to do next year

My thoughts. Tomas lucky to get through and would have been eliminated if Todds engine never gave way but you have to last 4 laps as the argumentive Star Lady told me :P But i thought he was lucky :approve:

don't be so negative jive :lol::lol:

You never know Tom may have passed Bjarne and claimed second with out wiltshires bike trouble :P:P:P

hee hee tom's a god he may have dragged some extra bit of talent out and passed you never know lol :lol::lol:

don't be so negative jive :lol::lol:

You never know Tom may have passed Bjarne and claimed second with out wiltshires bike trouble :P:P:P

hee hee tom's a god he may have dragged some extra bit of talent out and passed you never know lol :lol::lol:

Not negative I'm glad he done well honest :D;) He done the hard work getting passed Bjarne but then allowed himself to be re-passed. Just a thought what would you have said if Bjarne had eliminated Tomas :D:) Or did you put a curse on Todds bikes to allow your favourite riders through :? :?

Not negative I'm glad he done well honest :D;) He done the hard work getting passed Bjarne but then allowed himself to be re-passed. Just a thought what would you have said if Bjarne had eliminated Tomas :D:) Or did you put a curse on Todds bikes to allow your favourite riders through :? :?

I know i was joking mate!!!

yeah i did put a curse on todd but don't tell anyone :lol::lol:

i would have put an even bigger 1 on bjarne if he knocked Tomas out lol

i love them both but Tom gets my first vote everytime!!

listen out for my screams on wed lol tom knows i cheer for him anyway but he won't know whats hit him on wed!!!

I know i was joking mate!!!

yeah i did put a curse on todd but don't tell anyone :lol::lol:

i would have put an even bigger 1 on bjarne if he knocked Tomas out lol

i love them both but Tom gets my first vote everytime!!

listen out for my screams on wed lol tom knows i cheer for him anyway but he won't know whats hit him on wed!!!

Poor Todd he didn't stand a chance did he :lol:

I shan't hear your screams forecast is rain and England on the TV and nothing is louder than StarLady, The Teach and Vicki :P:P

I hope this is not turning into a Jive/TTP thread so to get it back on track just one thing that really jarred me off Saturday was Bo Brhel.

Twice he fell off all through his own doing and blatantly got the race stopped. Now in EL they put in awarding races but I now think that at GP level I believe that he should either be booted from the meeting or even the series. there is nothing worse that seeing a rider just sitting there getting a race stopped when they can safely clear the track in which Bo in both cases could safely do (cue Star Lady) :P :roll: ;)