British Speedway Forum

czech Gp (06 09 03)

Poor Todd he didn't stand a chance did he :lol:

I shan't hear your screams forecast is rain and England on the TV and nothing is louder than StarLady' date=' The Teach and Vicki :P:P

I hope this is not turning into a Jive/TTP thread so to get it back on track just one thing that really jarred me off Saturday was Bo Brhel. th cases [/color']

in the shouting dep i would def give SL a run for her money!

sorry mate i only share threads with people i like lol :P:P:P

Very disappointed with Scotty really wanted him to do well!

hang on Tom passed him didn't he? lol oh well never mind Scotty!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pocket Rocket
Just before the tapes went up in heat 4, I noticed Jason Lyons' rear wheel was spinning. Can any technical person out there tell me why it was spinning when the green light was on? I didn't notice this with anyone else's bike.

Brief answer for you Peter, if my memory serves me right, Jason was in gate 2 and had positioned his back wheel down into the rut which had been created by the previous starts out of that gate.

Unfortunately, at times, if the rut is too deep, just when the rider leans forward on the bike to shift his weight over the front wheel to keep it down when the tapes go up, the exhaust will "bottom out" and catch on the berm (side) of the rut and lift the back end of the bike up. This is what happened to Jason.

All riders like to position their back wheels into a rut as this gives them extra grip and traction on the back wheel when they drop the clutch as the tapes go up.

Hope that helped :)

Guest Pocket Rocket
No, I can answer this easily, quite often Jason Lyons doesn't have the rear wheel cover bolted on its just loose so when he starts reving the engine at the start the vibration causes it to start spinning, I have seen this lots of times at Belle Vue.

Obviously i bow to your apparent superior knowledge.

I've not liked pedersen since he fenced one of the riders at owlerton back in 97...

Nicki has no chance if you are going to start making up crashes he has caused. He didn't even ride in the country till 1998. Christ im surprised Nicki hasn't been blamed for starting the war, third world debt and Paul Daniels.

Quite right Skittle Face.

No doubt about it, Nicki is a hard rider. I was there on Saturday and he did nothing wrong. Yes he made an attempt to stop Adams coming past, but these are the best riders in the world racing for the World Title. I expect and even want the racing to be hard.

In the final, Tony drifted towards Nicki on the first lap right in front of us. That's not unfair, that's just the nature of the game. Nobody asks nor gives a quarter.

Like him or not, Nicki Pedersen he is one of the sport's characters and gets people talking, thats what the sport needs, surely?

Nice post krissie and falace! people should lay off nicki he does nothing wrong people should just grow up! he wins in style and thats what many riders lack style!

You get your moneys worth when you see nicki ride!

Grow up people and leave nicki alone!

We had to laugh though, because before the final, the man in white was put up on the main scoreboard as 'J Grump'....Looked good all night though...

Everyone was complementary about the track though and it looked like a bigger version of Coventry's much maligned circuit.

Can someone provide me with the answer as to whether the ref (Tony Steele) was the same as the Cardiff GP?

Can someone provide me with the answer as to whether the ref (Tony Steele) was the same as the Cardiff GP?

It was Mike Posselwhite at Cardiff.

• 2 weeks later...

Are most of the people on this forum 'Holta fans'? I'm very surprised that only one person has mentioned the incident he caused imo. I couldn't believe that Tony didn't exclude him :? Hate to disagree with my favourite rider, Sam, but I viewed the incident very differently. Sam said that AJ had his wheel in the air when Holta cut across, but the way I saw it was that AJ had his wheel down just before Holta's front wheel came up, and Holta's back wheel took AJ's front wheel. Even Nicki had to shut off quickly to avoid going into Holta as he cut across in front of him. Okay, it's a GP and everyones going for it, but imo Holta rode as though he was the only rider on the track :x :twisted:

Am I wrong :?: Did anyone see it differently :?:

That's exactly the way I saw it. I normally like Sam but I think he got it totally wrong. Even if AJ had of had is front wheel down, he still would have had nowehre to go because Rune was cutting across his space. Sam said AJ was at fault because he had his wheel up, well so did Rune, and so do a lot of riders coming out of the gate. Just don't know what Sam expected AJ to do, to miss the crash, and to blame him..... :evil: Even if the person hadn't of been AJ, if it had of been Nicki Pedersen, I still would have said Rune was at fault so I'm not being bias.

Sorry this is late - only just had a chance to watch the recording of it. Can someone explain how Holta wasnt at fault or wasnt excluded ??. Seemed to me he was less than half a wheel in front then veered into AJs path as they approached the corner.

Cheers Paul