British Speedway Forum

Hard Racing Or Dirty Riding?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony,

Again, you again try to twist my words, a surefire sign that you are losing the argument. :rolleyes:

If you know Bwitcher he never will never accept losing!!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alsY6XYDUSg

Thanks for posting that, subedei, clearly shows AJ was the author of his own demise.

clearly shows 2 sides to the argument!

Exactly, as I said in post #3!

unfortunately there will always be people that think only THERE opinion is right!!!!!!

It will still be raging on all summer i reckon!!!!

And both will STILL be as right as the other lol

i am with some people saying gollob was at fault, just my opinion

BUT

is there any interview with gollob or AJ anywhere where they are asked about it? see how AJ feels, cos if he says its just a racing accident then he knows more than us so surley would end this thread, and we could all accept its just a pure racing accident

Anthony,

Again, you again try to twist my words, a surefire sign that you are losing the argument. :rolleyes:

I'm not happy with riders wiping other out. However, that clearly did not happen in this case.

The world's best referee, Tony Steele, who had an ideal view, decided that Gollob was not to blame. I concur. This is my opinion, and I'm right. And I don't give a stuff about what you think - I'm entitled to my opinion. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Most fans have not got a clue Rob.

Quite simply Gollob, believing the attack was coming down the insibe made an earlier than normal turn to stop AJs run. Nothing wrong with that but in this case AJ was going to move wide and simply ran over Gollob's back wheel. No misjudgment from AJ, just unfortunate but he has to be judged the cause of the stoppage

Most fans have not got a clue Rob.

Quite simply Gollob, believing the attack was coming down the insibe made an earlier than normal turn to stop AJs run. Nothing wrong with that but in this case AJ was going to move wide and simply ran over Gollob's back wheel. No misjudgment from AJ, just unfortunate but he has to be judged the cause of the stoppage

Very true, most fans have not got a clue.

However, most riders have hence their disapproval of Gollobs move.

You have even spelt out who was at fault above!

You said

'Quite simply Gollob, believing the attack was coming down the insibe made an earlier than normal turn to stop AJs run. '

That is what caused the crash, so therefore Gollob was at fault.

Left turning early is highly dangerous if there is another rider in close proximity. There would be absolute carnage if this was done on a regular basis.

Very true, most fans have not got a clue.

However, most riders have hence their disapproval of Gollobs move.

You have even spelt out who was at fault above!

You said

'Quite simply Gollob, believing the attack was coming down the insibe made an earlier than normal turn to stop AJs run. '

That is what caused the crash, so therefore Gollob was at fault.

Left turning early is highly dangerous if there is another rider in close proximity. There would be absolute carnage if this was done on a regular basis.

It would be pointless engaging in a debate with you, I have explained what happened but you refuse to accept it

It would be pointless engaging in a debate with you, I have explained what happened but you refuse to accept it

Yes you did, and I have accepted it.

Gollob made an earlier than usual turn to stop AJ. Fine, if there is room to do it. There wasn't.

I dont think Gollob did anything intentionally wrong, Gollob was in front and the two were riding hard a slight misjudgement by Gollob who did not realise AJ had got so close so quickly had a major consequence. Being on the outside he would have normally been the one to take the impact from any coming together so i doubt he would have risked serious injury for an extra point. Having said that AJ put himself in the position that meant he was going too quickly, too close on the inside and slightly behind Gollob, leaving no room for safety either. I would hate to think what would have happened to Gollob if the race reached the bend as AJ would have probably dumped Gollob into the fence given his close proximity and the state of the track. IMO it was just an unfortunate outcome to hard GP racing, AJ was full throttle and the crash was made worse by the spot where AJ hit the fence.

It was a racing incident and the ref excluded the fallen rider, who was slightly behind when contact was made and his fall caused the stoppage. Both riders were very lucky men.

Yes you did, and I have accepted it.

Gollob made an earlier than usual turn to stop AJ. Fine, if there is room to do it. There wasn't.

Anthony,

However, it is Gollob's prerogative to make such a move. He did nothing wrong, and the referee made the right decision. I think Tony Steele is a better judge in these matters than a highly deluded Wolverhampton fan. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Anthony,

However, it is Gollob's prerogative to make such a move. He did nothing wrong, and the referee made the right decision. I think Tony Steele is a better judge in these matters than a highly deluded Wolverhampton fan. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Rob there is nothing to judge, it isn't a matter of opinion, it is simply understanding racing. You do, I do, Tony Steele does, BWitcher along with many others doesn't

Anthony,

All the best

Rob

It is his prerogative to make such a move, but not when it impedes another rider which this did. You seem to be saying that it is ok if you are slightly in front to change lines and knock off whoever happens to be near you?

I think current and ex-riders are better judges than Tony Steele.

What has a Wolverhampton fan got to do with the argument? If anything, the fact I am a Wolverhampton fan should make me biased against Jonsson!!!

Every post you make seems to

a: unwittingly point towards Gollob's guilt

and

b: Include highly petty little insults, of which there are no call for.

Edited by BWitcher

It is his prerogative to make such a move, but not when it impedes another rider which this did. You seem to be saying that it is ok if you are slightly in front to change lines and knock off whoever happens to be near you?

How did Gollob knock off Jonsson. Jonsson ran into the back of him. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Guest Steve Dixon
How did Gollob knock off Jonsson. Jonsson ran into the back of him. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Because Gollob cut accross him!

How many riders have you seen turn left as if approaching the corner at the start line on a track that big?

Because Gollob cut accross him!

How many riders have you seen turn left as if approaching the corner at the start line on a track that big?

There is no point Steve. Lucifer Sam and Jeff know more about speedway than World Champion Sam Ermolenko, Multi Longtrack World Champion Kelvin Tatum, and International rider Lee Richardson all who deemed the move as dangerous.

I'd struggle to think of a worse judge than Tony Steele. Why anyone rates him as a referee is beyond me. Just a typical "easy option" referee that we produce over here.

Although I feel Gollob was at fault Sub, I do not think that excluding Jonsson on his home turf is an easy option. The easy option would have been to exclude Gollob, but then he would have been correct.

'Yes I am extremely angry that we are facing the likely situation of going into tonights crucial meeting without AJ but there is more to this than a crash that could have happened on any track in any country once another rider decides to overstep the mark of hard riding to down right dirty, dangerous and disgusting.'

So speaks Jon Cook in his programme notes.

Lucifer Sam, Jeff and the couple of others who think Gollob did nothing wrong still fail to realise that what he did is simply a total no-no in speedway.

I'd struggle to think of a worse judge than Tony Steele. Why anyone rates him as a referee is beyond me. Just a typical "easy option" referee that we produce over here.

Id agree with that. bloke is a bit of a plum.