British Speedway Forum

Hard Racing Or Dirty Riding?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

: And, as I've already said, I spoke to a rider on Saturday night who was of the opinion that Gollob had done nothing wrong.

All the best

Rob

Alternatively, the rider I spoke to thought Gollob turned left and should have been excluded.

It's a game of opinions!

So you take everything Kelvin Tatum says as gospel?

How come Swiderski wasn't re-instated off 15m after he fell off at Wolves last week then? :shock::lol:

I am entitled to my own opinion, whether it matches yours or not. :rolleyes: And, as I've already said, I spoke to a rider on Saturday night who was of the opinion that Gollob had done nothing wrong.

All the best

Rob

Again you are talking about rules, which is nothing to do with the discussion.

Big deal, you claim you spoke to a rider. I spoke to two.. what does that prove? Nothing, neither us even know if its true. What we do know is the opinion of 3 experienced riders opinions who all say the same thing. It was dangerous. I think they will know what is and isn't dangerous IN A RACE. Rules etc? Completely different topic.

Please, just try and justify how Gollob swerving left across the start/finish line and collecting Jonsson can be deemed as doing 'nothing wrong'.

Hard one to call but am trying to understand why aj was excluded he was guilty of nothing but falling off .

Not his fault that gollob hit him not his fault that he fell off ,can't see what else he could have done. As for gollob always likely to be a bit wild as was just unlucky to hit aj ,i would call gollob wild but as a rule not a danger .

Please, just try and justify how Gollob swerving left across the start/finish line and collecting Jonsson can be deemed as doing 'nothing wrong'.

Oh, come on Anthony, he didn't swerve - he was starting to turn. A different thing entirely.

Stop twisting the facts and accept that sometimes differing opinions can be just as valid. It's all down to intrepretation.

All the best

Rob

if Gollob didnt turn too early then it should be clear on all the other laps in all of his other races.............. riders are not turning by the startline at the tiniest of british tracks let alone a monster track like this!

This is not F1 sam .... where cars can cover their positions once down the straights..... this is speedway where every rider has to have confidence that none of their fellow riders are going to do something stupid.... if AJ had the better 4th bend (which he did) and there was a chance that he was going to give Tomasz issues in bend 1 then that is the way it is....... Tomasz's job is to deal with that issue in bend 1 and 2..... not down the straight!

The bigger problem with this is that it stirs up a hornets nest that we havent had for a while..... we now have a gp rider who the others are either going to be gunning for, ruthless with, or concerned about....... this kind of on track behaviour breeds more of the same.... and consequently injury

It was clear to me that the rider at fault for the crash was Gollob. His intention or propensity for taking different lines is irrelevant. Jonsson could not have avoided the crash and therefore did not deserve to be excluded - whether in front or not swerving across another riders path is plain dangerous, especially at the entrance to a corner.

Oh, come on Anthony, he didn't swerve - he was starting to turn. A different thing entirely.

Stop twisting the facts and accept that sometimes differing opinions can be just as valid. It's all down to intrepretation.

All the best

Rob

Thankyou for finally pointing out that Gollob 'started to turn'. You don't start to turn at Monmore Green BEFORE the start finish line, never mind a 400 metre plus circuit!

No twisting of facts needed.

Thankyou for finally pointing out that Gollob 'started to turn'. You don't start to turn at Monmore Green BEFORE the start finish line, never mind a 400 metre plus circuit!

No twisting of facts needed.

Anthony - but, at Bydgoszcz, riders will be changing their line down the straight all night long. I guarantee it! And not just Gollob.

Wake up and start watching the racing.

All the best

Rob

Anthony - but, at Bydgoszcz, riders will be changing their line down the straight all night long. I guarantee it! And not just Gollob.

Wake up and start watching the racing.

All the best

Rob

Ok.. so now we have established, as agreed by you, that Gollob was the one who changed his line. Hence Gollob caused the crash!

if Gollob didnt turn too early then it should be clear on all the other laps in all of his other races.............. riders are not turning by the startline at the tiniest of british tracks let alone a monster track like this!

If you look at tracks like Leszno and Bydgoszcz, the riders are almost perpetually turning, to a certain degree. It's the same at the EoES, where you often see riders passing the chequered flag sideways, especially in a tight finish.

Ok.. so now we have established, as agreed by you, that Gollob was the one who changed his line. Hence Gollob caused the crash!

Don't be obtuse, Anthony.

Jonsson caused the crash by running into Gollob - Gollob is quite entitled to change his line.

If Jonsson had as much skill as Gollob, then the accident would not have occured. Unfortunately, while he is fast, Jonsson has limited ability.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Jonsson caused the crash by running into Gollob - Gollob is quite entitled to change his line.

If Jonsson had as much skill as Gollob, then the accident would not have occured. Unfortunately, while he is fast, Jonsson has limited ability.

All the best

Rob

1.gif

All the best

Rob

He is entitled to change his line when it is safe to do so! He changed his line and collected somebody as a result. THAT IS THE FACT.

And now you are getting very petty with your argument. Jonsson is expected to react in an instant when someone crazily swerves across him on the straight!

The more you talk, the bigger hole you dig for your argument.

Your version is the guy in front can swerve around all he likes, anybody alongside him had better just get out of the way or be mown down. If you're mown down, its your fault.

Gollob miscalculated. He thought he was clear of Jonsson and was not.

He is entitled to change his line when it is safe to do so! He changed his line and collected somebody as a result. THAT IS THE FACT.

And now you are getting very petty with your argument. Jonsson is expected to react in an instant when someone crazily swerves across him on the straight!

The more you talk, the bigger hole you dig for your argument.

Your version is the guy in front can swerve around all he likes, anybody alongside him had better just get out of the way or be mown down. If you're mown down, its your fault.

Gollob miscalculated. He thought he was clear of Jonsson and was not.

Glad you've finally admitted that it is Gollob's prerogative to change his line.

It was Jonsson who miscalculated. He continued to try to go through a hole which wasn't there.

All the best

Rob

Glad you've finally admitted that it is Gollob's prerogative to change his line.

It was Jonsson who miscalculated. He continued to try to go through a hole which wasn't there.

All the best

Rob

I didn't admit it, I was merely mocking your suggestion that a rider is allowed to swerve into another rider if he is half a bike length ahead!

There is nothing in the rules that says anything about the 'rider in front can choose his line'. This is just a myth. The fact is, anyone chan choose to change lines, WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO. On this occasion it was not.

All the best

Rob

The hole was there until Gollob dangerously changed his line to block AJ, TG should have been excluded for unfair riding.

All the best

Rob

All the best

Rob

Glad its not me getting the `anthony` treatment.

Just goes to show the rules are THAT clear in this sport than can be interpreted in which ever way you want.

So its quite clear that BOTH opinions are right. :wink: