British Speedway Forum

So you find it "entertaining" that several riders got injured tonight. It wasn't entertainment - it was f****** carnage.

All the best

Rob

No, I don't want to see someone seriously injured. But crashes are part of the game and they spice up the product.

Tonight it was very exciting watching this GP. You never knew what would happen next. I can't say that this was always the case with GPs when the tracks were oh so very smooth. Some of them were simply boring.

And don't forget that not all of the crashes tonight were caused by the track conditions. Andersen's was, and Gollob's too. But Jonsson's not, and Nicholls' not, and those two by that crash pilot Dryml not necessarily. Dryml is a danger in itself. My opinion.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really pleased that Rune won, it is nice to see someone different on the rostrum for a change. He is my son's favourite rider.

I'm not insinuating Rune did anything illegal tonight, he won and I am genuinely really pleased for him, it just sometimes crosses my mind, as I am sure it does for a lot of people on here, where the extra speed comes from sometimes. I am pretty sure that bikes are never checked, unlike F1 where they are scrupulous about checking for irregularities. As I said, it just makes me wonder sometimes what they would find if an unplanned check were to happen and I'm not just talking about rune I am talking about all riders.

You know what scoty i was thinking the same about holta where does that speed come from ? no one had made the outside work but then he comes along flys right around the out and crushes the others by miles .

I thought the same when he rode in the world cup last year unreal pace .

Guest Schumi
You know what scoty i was thinking the same about holta where does that speed come from ? no one had made the outside work but then he comes along flys right around the out and crushes the others by miles .

I think that when watching Sajfutdinov.

But crashes are part of the game and they spice up the product.

"Spice up the product". Bollocks.

I've been down the pits and been the last person to speak to a rider, before he crashed and smashed his thigh to smithereens. Fortunately that rider defied the odds and is now back riding, but I still get a sick feeling when I see a rider crash, until I know they're alright.

Great racing is entertaining. But crashes never are.

All the best

Rob

Guest Schumi
I'm ignoring it. :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

Stop giving me this "all the best" rubbish and tell us what it is you do when you find a thread you're not allowed to post on. :P:lol:

I just wish that one day all GP Riders, all rode the same spec bike, all tuned by the same tuner, basically a standard product for all GP riders. I think we might see a few different faces on the rostrum each GP. It would be interesting to see wouldn't it?

Guest Schumi
I just wish that one day all GP Riders, all rode the same spec bike, all tuned by the same tuner, basically a standard product for all GP riders. I think we might see a few different faces on the rostrum each GP. It would be interesting to see wouldn't it?

No, it'd be like A1 - very boring.

B**ls**t. Never been racing have you.......turning lift on the straight is the worst u can do in speedway and even for me who is a Gollob fan that was ruthless.....

But Andreas should have seen it coming when Gollob turned his head to see where Andreas was.......

Good post. I am not anti Gollob at all, in fact if the British riders cannot win and normally they cannot I want Gollob to win. He had lost it tonight after his fall and then his race being stopped. Unfortunately he got it wrong and probably know's that. Come on you TG fan's be big enough to admit it was not good what he did tonight.

"Spice up the product". Bollocks.

I've been down the pits and been the last person to speak to a rider, before he crashed and smashed his thigh to smithereens. Fortunately that rider defied the odds and is now back riding, but I still get a sick feeling when I see a rider crash, until I know they're alright.

Great racing is entertaining. But crashes never are.

All the best

Rob

Hardly watched the last races. I just felt sick at the crashes. I love speedway, and hate seeing anyone hurt. tonight was awful. And yes I felt the same when TG hit the track, eventhough on previous post's I have said I think he was totally inconsiderate in the AJ incident.

Can't wait for Rob's answer to that one. :lol:

The reserve in Scottys race was totally dangerous. GP riders are geared to race, not have someone like Forsberg, hardly making the corner in front of him. A lot of riders would have ran into him on the 1st corner, thinking he was going to hit the corner like everyone else did.

Guest Schumi
The reserve in Scottys race was totally dangerous. GP riders are geared to race, not have someone like Forsberg, hardly making the corner in front of him. A lot of riders would have ran into him on the 1st corner, thinking he was going to hit the corner like everyone else did.

I think the track played a part in that - Forsberg seemed to lock up a little. But we were talking about Dryml. :unsure:

The track really needed some water putting on it earlier in the day to help it soak in but this wasn't done. Dont know if there was any threat of rain or not, but it looked liuke the water was put onto a hard packed track too late.

With a hard track and you could see there was a number of pebbles or stones in the dirt, it could have been even worse had riders taken a wider line as they would be riding on marbles at times.

They did a proper regrade late on by cutting into the surface, shame that wasn't done after heat 4 and water added straight after before skimming.

Overall, it was a good GP and obviously we dont like seeing riders get injured, but it has to be said that anyone watching that for the first time would find it entertaining as most do with high speed crashes and they couldn't help admire the riders for carrying on.

Gollob V Jonsson - Gollob did move over and rode wider on other races, but it looked like he tried to drop it on AJ going into the turn, but AJ decided to switch but caught Gollob as he came across.

A racing incident and had AJ carried on with an inside attempt, I think they both would have stayed on but would have given each other a few elbows.

Well Done Freddie .... 3rd in the World !!!

about the final and Holtas catapult speed, i read that the track staff had watered the inside tracks. so when Freddie and Nicki went through the corner there wasn't any grip for them while Holta had an unwatered racing line from which he could build up good speed.

I am pleased for Rune.One of my favourites.

Terrible meeting.Maybe Gollob and some of the others who were obviously unhappy with the track should have demanded something be done.Or at least make known that if another track like that is served up they will refuse to ride.Some hope.

I wonder if it was Olsen that stopped the livestream just as Rune was criticizing the track? :lol:

Didn't You guys get to see the top three on the podium ?

Sky never show the presentation when they overrun so we didn't get to see it.

But even some people on this forum did not seem to know this. Sure that You are speedway fans? :unsure:

I always thought whoever won the final was the winner, but Pearson made up a rule which confused people.