British Speedway Forum

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

Looks like a small crowd to me. That could be because team GB is more or less only Coventry riders, and Cov fans have vanished this season.

Oh dear should have been at Poole or somewhere else other than Coventry.

I thought the same when they had the high up shot, but when they moved it around the crowd, it still looked very healthy to me.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't get anything Barry, live updates are covering it and have all the banter as well at http://speedwayupdates.proboards103.com/in...2820&page=1

I know its not quite the same as watching it but its the next best thing

Quite a few comments about the track being slick by the riders tonight, which begs the question why did we not prepare the track exactly how the British riders wanted it? You can be sure Vojens will be slick Saturday night, the Poles have their track how they wanted it last year so why do we never do the same?

If the track is how the British riders wanted it, judging by their performance so far tonight they have got it wrong.

Note: Even had it been different, I suspect the Danes would still be walking away with it, they are that good.

The comments about the track being slick on this thread are starting to get to me. British riders have been riding and learning their trade on slick tracks for donkeys, so why make excuses for them here?

Once it may have been true, when British riders learnt on on big grippy grasstracks but how many of the British team know anything about those?

There seems to be plenty of pride and motivation in the Swedish colors.

For everyone grumbling that Britain don't have the quality of riders to choose from...Look at the Swedes. They are no better, but their boys are clearly motivated and right up for the meeting.

Exactly, I am afraid I am starting to question the manager here. How can Stead and Allen be motivated when they're told, ride at home but we don't want you after that? Very dodgy management.

The Danes are all up for it, working like a team so I think national pride is there, but appearing lacking in the British pits tonight.

Hey Jim give me a call mate I can go to Denmark and come last every race and I dont want paying what those 'professionals' you got riding for you tonight get paid either!!

Go on then I'll have a go as well :approve: Shall we travel together Matt save on expenses :rolleyes:

Pearson plugged the PL Fours earlier, but I wasn't paying much attention.

Maybe he should have suggested that the wildcard for that should be given to Team GB: maybe (just maybe :rolleyes: ) they could win that.

Now that they're picking up a few points I'm sure it'll be okay & "onwards to the challenge of the run-off" :blink:

Anybody want to bet on the Russians & Brits for 4th place ? ? ?

What? You mean the Coventry Past & Present? Knowing what Brandon might be like after practising earlier today? Nah!

"Restoring some pride" now :blink::rolleyes:

Paying the price of years of stupid league structures, lack of investment in juniors, obsession with foreign riders and inability to keep quality people involved with our up and coming riders from PC to Havvy/Loram etc.