British Speedway Forum

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

To be fair, Steayd looked far too happy to me last night considering how badly he was doing.

I can accept Olly at Brandon but not Stead, shocking. Should be Ed and Tai at Brandon, look tot he future and all that. Ed is going places, I don't think anyone needs me ot tell them Tai is. Steady is only going PL and Olly while I like him is not the future of team GB.

Completely agree. Stead didn't seem to show any frustration or annoyance with his performance.

I'm not so sure about using Ed at Brandon. While he has had a couple of good meetings there, is that enough for him to be guaranteed a good meeting again? Not saying Olly is guaranteed a good meeting, but he has more knowledge of the track so there's more of a chance.

Tai, on the other hand, should definitely be in. He would at least show a bit of passion!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the teams for the 1st round - Poland, Australia and ? ?

Hungary and Russia i think

If you was after the rider line-ups, i don't know them???

Would to know that myself though

Edited by leighrico

Good signature leighrico :lol:

You mean you don't know the russia and hungary teams ? tut tut

Taken from Jacky at inspeed.de

Australia

1. Jason Crump

2. Leigh Adams

3. Ryan Sullivan

4. Dave Watt

5. Chris Holder

Team-Manager: Craig Boyce

Russia

1. Denis Gizatullin

2. Grigory Laguta

3. Roman Povazhny

4. Artem Laguta

5. Emil Saifutdinov

Team-Manager: Andrey Savin

Hungary

1. Matej Ferjan

2. Sándor Tihanyi

3. József Tabaka

4. Norbert Magosi

5. László Szatmari

Team-Manager: Tibor Jacso

Poland

1. Krzysztof Kasprzak

2. Rune Holta

3. Tomasz Gollob

4. Jaroslaw Hampel

5. Wieslaw Jagus

Team-Manager: Marek Cieslak

Bit of a surprise to see both Laguta brothers line-up for Russia

And Coventry with Jacquelines take on the home team :angry:;)

England

1. Scott Nicholls

2. Chris Harris

3. Lee Richardson

4. Simon Stead

5. Oliver Allen

Team-Manager: James Lynch

Sweden

1. Fredrik Lindgren

2. Peter Ljung

3. Andreas Jonsson

4. Jonas Davidsson

5. Daniel Nermark

Team-Manager: Tobias Johansson

Czech Rep

1. Matej Küs

2. Ales Dryml

3. Adrian Rymel

4. Lukas Dryml

5. Lubos Tomicek

Team-Manager: Milan Spinka

Denmark

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Niels Kristian Iversen

3. Kenneth Bjerre

4. Hans N. Andersen

5. Bjarne Pedersen

Team-Manager: Jan Staechmann

Edited by iris123

Don't be silly, young Shovlar. Lindback might've been worth a punt if the "reserve" option from last season was still around. The biggest surprise from Sweden is the omission of PK, while it's interesting to see both Lagutas in for Russia. I thought the elder Laguta wanted to be Latvian?

Edit:

And, while I remember, what a complete clown Lynch is if that is the way Great Britain is going to line up. You should have one of your top riders in Ht 25, but he's loaded his big guns to go out in Hts 21, 22 and 23.

Edited by Subedei

Can't believe that Adams Shields has not been picked. Hes riding superbly at the moment. I'd have took him over Sullivan or Watt, definetly.

As for Lindback, hes no-where near EL standard at the moment and could do with a year id imagine out of the spot light completely. Surpised PK hasnt been chose, and if it was because of his age, then why not pick Billy Forseberg istead?

England

1. Scott Nicholls

2. Chris Harris

3. Lee Richardson

4. Simon Stead

5. Oliver Allen

Team-Manager: James Lynch

I always thought the team was called Great Britain???? Especially when a Scot was in the original 12 man squad. If you want to call them England then I certainly won't be supporting them!!

Don't be silly, young Shovlar. Lindback might've been worth a punt if the "reserve" option from last season was still around. The biggest surprise from Sweden is the omission of PK, while it's interesting to see both Lagutas in for Russia. I thought the elder Laguta wanted to be Latvian?

Edit:

And, while I remember, what a complete clown Lynch is if that is the way Great Britain is going to line up. You should have one of your top riders in Ht 25, but he's loaded his big guns to go out in Hts 21, 22 and 23.

Not like you Subedei, surely you know riding order (team even) doesn't have to be declared until after practice.

TBH, he can make no worse decision than include Stead any way.

Look to me like they're just listed in ability/British average order.

I always thought the team was called Great Britain???? Especially when a Scot was in the original 12 man squad. If you want to call them England then I certainly won't be supporting them!!

You are right.I copied this over from a german site.But that is why i mentioned the fact and put an angry smiley there as well.Just to show Jacky(who is a friend by the way)that she shouldn't be putting "England" down as the team name.But if you ain't going to be supporting the team because of what i call them then that is your problem :blink:

Looking at the website from which the info is taken from though it isn't an English site. As far as everyone is away we are still GB.

Edited by tigerblues

Looking at the website from which the info is taken from though it isn't an English site. As far as everyone is away we are still GB.

So I take it (unlike Cardiff) there will be no English flags in the crowd just British ones?? And when the riders are interviewed it will be (unlike previous years) Britain. And old Tatum won't be calling them England at all???

So I take it (unlike Cardiff) there will be no English flags in the crowd just British ones?? And when the riders are interviewed it will be (unlike previous years) Britain. And old Tatum won't be calling them England at all???

That's a load off my shoulders.It's not just down to me you won't be supporting them then.Kelvin can also have some sleepless nights :rolleyes:

Edited by iris123

Sweden look like they have pick the right side by leaveing pk out let again another meeting for him tonight in his homeland .

Can't argue with that, Zorro better bet than Ljung though? or Forseberg if they wanna give a youngster chance.

Can't argue with that, Zorro better bet than Ljung though? or Forseberg if they wanna give a youngster chance.

Ljung is a very good rider in poland and sweden at the moment and along with rico is one my fave riders to watch if only david ruud had been picked i would have had to have gone to this meeting :approve:

Ljung is a very good rider in poland and sweden at the moment and along with rico is one my fave riders to watch if only david ruud had been picked i would have had to have gone to this meeting :approve:

I think you'd have to go out and buy new trainers for such a special occasion.

Edited by superguest