British Speedway Forum

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

But the global superstar exemplifies the "entitlement culture". He believes he has a God-given right to be in the GPs. He probably thinks he has a God-given right to win one and curses the Almighty after every GP for denying him his right.

It's Ljung's fault that he ended up in the fence. It's the right of the global superstar put his not inconsiderable bulk around on the track. How dare the referee (who was excellent, by the way) exclude him? It's all just so unfair. Everyone conspiring to deny him his right.

Subedei, you're spot on IMO.

Jim Lynch was uninspiring and defeatest from the off, let's face it - It's Rosco time!

Well why not, he'd kick the backsides of all 5 tonight who showed us up rather than Lynch who stood there "well it's not been very good has it" or an attitude of that effect. Rosco would be proud of managing GB, he'd show it and he'd make sure he picked 5 riders who were too.

Can't be done, I'm afraid. Unless you want Allen and Stead to remain (and, to be honest, Allen did at least show something). Lynch's squad now consists of seven riders - tonight's five and Kennett and Woffinden.

So give Allen another go. He outscored Nicholls so rode better, simply.

Edited by tigerblues

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris26

shocking stuff from coventry mark 2 :rolleyes: - jim'll fix it?........... I think not - sack lynch :angry::D - team gb, all of you hang your heads in shame - nicholls: shocking, harris: best rider but barely average, rico: poor, stead: where do you start?, allen: not sure what to say.

we simply DO NOT deserve to have an automatic place in next year's group stages... I hope we are put through a qualifier as our team badly needs a reality check.

Lynch was proved right with his defeatist but honest appraisal of tonights meeting. Truth is we are just not good enough to step up to the top table. Cant see where another collins, carter, morton, jessup, lee, louis, etc is going to come from, theres a couple of promising lads coming through but not i fear of the above quality. With such a poor investment in young home based riders what do you expect. I know someone who,s lad has just started riding, he,s finding out just how difficult it is to get a couple of laps in. Compare that to the excellent danish youth policy and there you go.

Nah, I've seen them ride well, haven't you? Not consistently granted but I definitely have!

I live in Sweden now and no, to see their performances over here is laughable. (Kumla - Kennet says it all)

Edited by MARK246

Must admit I'm happy with the spirited performence by the under-dog Swedes tonight. To be tied with Denmark halfway into the meeting was a surprise and even though they couldn't hold on, they all deserves praise! :approve:

Awful performence by the Brits though, but I guess I don't need to say that. 4 points from Scott Nicholls is poor and it would have been interesting to see him scratched for the Race Off but it will never happen. However, I have a hard time understanding the critisism against 'Olly' Allen, I certainly wouldn't have expected more than 5 points. He was the only one who scored what could be expected in the Great Britain team.

Well well, Sweden and Great Britain are back at 0 on Thursday evening but I do hope that Sweden can take something positive from tonight, unlike the Brits. Still will be interesting on Thursday, that's a totally different meeting...and all teams starting at 0 points.

Go Sweden, go!

Thought I would wait and see what transpired on track this evening, before

voicing an opinion on the team.

Nicholls needs a swift kick up the rear end, he doesn't have a God given

right to be in the team, let alone captain it.

Stead was woeful, end of, this should signal the end of his Team GB

career.

Harris tried, felt for him to be honest, lots of effort with little gain.

Richardson, gating deserted him tonight, never looked like passing wind,

let alone another rider.

Allen workd hard for his points, about what I expected to be honest.

At the end of the day, we have reached the bottom of the Team GB

barrel, we're just not good enough.

Given that we have Ty and a couple of other youngsters on the way through,

maybe 3 or 4 years down the line, we might, and I mean might, challenge

again, but certainly not now.

Shame the squad is set for Vojens, maybe giving the kids a chance wouldn't

be such a bad idea, at least we would get 110% effort from them.

Who knows, maybe Ty and Eddie will give the old guard the impetous to

do something on Thursday, then again.......!!

At the end of the day, we could blame the slick track, but as is always pointed

out, it's the same for everyone out there, just the other sides adapted quicker

than we did. We're not good enough, end of.

Edited by tomcat

Perhaps what they need on their side is some clever, technically gifted speedway people.

[/quote

Here is a list of some technically gifted speedway people Nicki Pedersen, Bjarne Pedersen, Hans Andersen, Niels k Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, Joonas Davidsson, Fredrik Lindgren, Adrian Rymel, Lubos Tomicek, some people who know which way to twist a throttle. Notice whats missing?

Here is a list of some technically gifted speedway people Nicki Pedersen, Bjarne Pedersen, Hans Andersen, Niels k Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, Joonas Davidsson, Fredrik Lindgren, Adrian Rymel, Lubos Tomicek, some people who know which way to twist a throttle. Notice whats missing?

Yes, Tomasz Gollob, who is technically gifted enough to team ride with certain opponents to further his own team's chances.

1 Word - Pathetic

Scott Nicholls - shut your beak. You took Ljung out, you get excluded

Lee Richardson - hit and miss. The emphasis on miss

Simon Stead - rubbish, most over rated rider in the history of the world

Olly Allen - fenced himself in heat 25 so didn't disappoint

Chris Harris - rode his nuts off but stood no chance with 4 donkeys as team mates

Congratulations Denmark on winning the World Cup in 2008 :approve:

But here's where the British get it all wrong. It's that entitlement thing. They believe they're entitled to things. If the Danish manager or Swedish manager had said that he was going to drop a couple of riders for the latter stages, the riders in question would probably have rode like their lives depended on it to prove a point. The British riders sulk and go into their shells.

cant agree with this as the two riders in question performed exactly to their abilities.

Oh no, you're going to upset drop a cog writing things like that.

I don't give a rats ass who I upset. In fact I don't give a rats ass if Simon Stead reads it for himself. Hopefully it will give him a reality check. He's reached his level - a mediocre gating tart on a 6 and a half point average

1 Word - Pathetic

Chris Harris - rode his nuts off but stood no chance with 4 donkeys as team mates

Congratulations Denmark on winning the World Cup in 2008 :approve:

hoping the aussies can give them a run for their money. interesting that the aussies have a team of ex/current poole riders and do a lot better than a team of ex/current coventry riders!! :wink:

Thursday:

1. King

2. Wright

3. Tai

4. Kennett

5. Harris

Could do alot worse, tonights mob! would keep Bomber in, just cos he can peform and looked the best tonight, just! :rolleyes:

we are a poor team,and had an even poorer night but do me a favour WRIGHT in the gb team,and no nicholls.

ridiculous post!

Guest chris26
1 Word - Pathetic

indeed, woeful from team coventry mk2 (sorry, team gb) :rolleyes::lol:

and yes, Stead is the most over-rated rider in the last 5 year period or so). :D - glad someone shares my sentiments :D

Stead could have had a half a lap headstart and would still struggle

I hope the Coventry fans are proud of their boys tonight :rolleyes: