British Speedway Forum

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

Hmmmmmmmmmm that was a tad embarrasing to say the least, it's not cos our riders are crap cos on their day they can beat the best, they'll have to work out what went wrong and hopefully put things to rights on Thursday. They must compare themselves to the danes and swedes and see what the difference is because there is a difference .......................

The difference to me looked like preparation and determination. And to quote that bloke who played the trumpet, dedication!!!

No pride no fight, probably not helped by two of the riders knowing they wouldn't be riding in the race off or final.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmmmmmm that was a tad embarrasing to say the least, it's not cos our riders are crap cos on their day they can beat the best, they'll have to work out what went wrong and hopefully put things to rights on Thursday. They must compare themselves to the danes and swedes and see what the difference is because there is a difference .......................

The problem is the poor quality league racing you have in GB. The British riders convince themselves they're good with the help of biased media. The truth hurts.

No pride no fight, probably not helped by two of the riders knowing they wouldn't be riding in the race off or final.

But here's where the British get it all wrong. It's that entitlement thing. They believe they're entitled to things. If the Danish manager or Swedish manager had said that he was going to drop a couple of riders for the latter stages, the riders in question would probably have rode like their lives depended on it to prove a point. The British riders sulk and go into their shells.

But here's where the British get it all wrong. It's that entitlement thing. They believe they're entitled to things. If the Danish manager or Swedish manager had said that he was going to drop a couple of riders for the latter stages, the riders in question would probably have rode like their lives depended on it to prove a point. The British riders sulk and go into their shells.

Very true but Lynch could have said, "Right I've got two young guys waiting to come in, the bottom two scorers WILL be replaced" but imagine the fuss had he dropped fat boy Nicholls.

Very well.

Top-scored for the Czech Republic with 6 points and was their only heat winner. To put that into context, Great Britain only had one heat winner.

Cheers Sub!

Guest PanthersChamp06

Thursday:

1. King

2. Wright

3. Tai

4. Kennett

5. Harris

Could do alot worse, tonights mob! would keep Bomber in, just cos he can peform and looked the best tonight, just! :rolleyes:

Yeah it was poor tonight from GB, people can blame Lynch & the riders involved as much as they like but surely rather than dish out blame surely we should be asking why it was so poor. It happened at Leszno last year & again tonight - once can be a fluke, twice & you start thinking there's a problem, that problem being that at the highest level as a team they're third rate. Is Davidsson better than our lads, doubt Rymel will be complaining tonight either (great race win over Andersen by the way). Usually it's either the tracks too big or too slick, there can be no excuses tonight - as a team, just not good enough. Time for British speedway supporters to accept we're in for a couple of years of this at least - anyone putting money on GB making the top two in the world any time soon?? I thought not.

Watching Steady tonight was painful, not just for his lack of points. To go from the bloke in the Aces table topping side of 3 years ago to how he was tonight - he looked shot to pieces, slow, beaten by the 2nd bend exit. He's going backwards & it's a real shame. He gets plenty of stick on here & agreed he's been mediocre this season - anyone any clues what's gone wrong??

Finally I just hope a bit of realism prevails with Woffinden. That he doesn't get hailed as the big saviour (if he hasn't already!), only to get slaughtered if he has a less than spectacular night on Thursday - that's what happens in this country usually isn't it? Fingers crossed that he doesn't hit the "wall" that the likes of Nicholls & Harris seem to have hit on the very highest stage. It'd be great to be going watching the grand prix in 3 or 4 years time watching Woffinden out there battling with the likes of Lindgren, Holder, Sajfutdinov - though with the recent record of bringing young GB riders through I wonder if we'll see that - I hope we do.

Very true but Lynch could have said, "Right I've got two young guys waiting to come in, the bottom two scorers WILL be replaced" but imagine the fuss had he dropped fat boy Nicholls.

But the global superstar exemplifies the "entitlement culture". He believes he has a God-given right to be in the GPs. He probably thinks he has a God-given right to win one and curses the Almighty after every GP for denying him his right.

It's Ljung's fault that he ended up in the fence. It's the right of the global superstar to put his not inconsiderable bulk around on the track. How dare the referee (who was excellent, by the way) exclude him? It's all just so unfair. Everyone conspiring to deny him his right.

Edited by Subedei

I would still replace Nicholls. Give Danny King a chance. See if he rides with a bit more passion than Nicholls when representing his country.

All the best

Rob

Jeez we sucked!

Simon Stead, do not darken the national teams door again - simply abject! :mad:

I though Cry Baby Allen actually did ok based on his ability. The rest were shocking!

One saving grace of the night was the sight of the mighty Spinka gracing our TV screens. We are not worthy!

Jim Lynch was uninspiring and defeatest from the off, let's face it - It's Rosco time!

Perhaps they are unsure of the words :unsure: This wouldn't happen if Kevin Darling was in the team , he knew the words to all four verses :lol:

As always I shall be cheering for Hans and the Danes. :approve:

Interesting to see the lack of singing tonight :rolleyes: What the English riders need is grit , determination and a will to win. Oh and I forgot the most important thing TALANT which they do not have .

Big congratulations to Denmark on winning , and to Sweden for at least trying to keep them honest.

I would still replace Nicholls. Give Danny King a chance. See if he rides with a bit more passion than Nicholls when representing his country.

All the best

Rob

I would pick Martin Luther King ahead of Nicholls. He was a disgrace tonight.

All the best

Rob

Can't be done, I'm afraid. Unless you want Allen and Stead to remain (and, to be honest, Allen did at least show something). Lynch's squad now consists of seven riders - tonight's five and Kennett and Woffinden.

Maybe the overseas riders who usually have to speak English to communicate with their mechanics and team mates relish the relaxed and real team ethnicy in riding for their nation. Sweden's team tonight was not very good but they all rode with so much heart and made Team Coventry look awful

The British riders sulk and go into their shells.

Olly Allen certainly didn't sulk, he rode well in 2 of his races I saw! So don't tar them all with the same brush!!

Goofy Bucktoothed Retards.....................

How clever!

The British riders convince themselves they're good with the help of biased media.

Nah, I've seen them ride well, haven't you? Not consistently granted but I definitely have!

Perhaps what they need on their side is some clever, technically gifted speedway people.