Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

Oh all right then . Come on Oliver :rolleyes:

With a bit of passion! :wink:

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D The viking team....

Any way i was very close to not be able to come to coventry monday...

Sorry to hear about that, but great that it will all be sorted out. You may have to wait a little while but that's better than the alternative.

Good that's another young talented rider to watch in action tonight , now all we need is for Tai Woffinden to replace Oliver Allen and we'll be sorted .

Erm that is me getting behind the boys . Tai Woffinden is an exceptional talent and i would have him in the side ahead of Allen .

So what's wrong with Olly being ahead of Tai in the pecking order? It's marginal, I admit, but he has a higher average than Simon around Brandon this season. In fact his home average is second only to Chris Harris. Perhaps he will have a poor meeting, but he deserves his chance ahead of a 17 year old lad who hasn't even ridden full time EL yet.

I'll support them with the same amount of passion as they put into singing the National Anthem of the country they are representing. Is that a fair deal :wink:

Good point. I've noticed the same. The Polish, Aussies, Danes, Swedes all sing along to their national anthems with pride.

At Cardiff - All the Brits just stand there like dummies when our anthem is played. ("God Save The Queen" that is, not that Welsh thing).

It's the same in most sports, as though the Brits are embarrased to be British.

Good point. I've noticed the same. The Polish, Aussies, Danes, Swedes all sing along to their national anthems with pride.

At Cardiff - All the Brits just stand there like dummies when our anthem is played. ("God Save The Queen" that is, not that Welsh thing).

maybe they are just trying to focus?

Perhaps they are unsure of the words :unsure: This wouldn't happen if Kevin Darling was in the team , he knew the words to all four verses :lol:

As always I shall be cheering for Hans and the Danes. :approve:

Perhaps they are unsure of the words :unsure: This wouldn't happen if Kevin Darling was in the team , he knew the words to all four verses :lol:

As always I shall be cheering for Hans and the Danes. :approve:

Why do british people seem intent on supporting other nations? I'm a fan of all seedway, but surely you support your home nation. Rant over. Come on the Brits, :approve:

"God Save The queen " is a dirge and should be replaced, with something more inspirational. I have been told that as we ride as Team GB and not England, we have to put up with it. Why we are Team GB when there are no other riders of either Scots, Welsh or Northern Irish , as far as I am aware, in the side I dont know, perhaps one of our more informed fans could explain , as it used to be that we rode as England. I feel sure Scotland could put a team together that would beat Italy or Hungary.

So what's wrong with Olly being ahead of Tai in the pecking order? It's marginal, I admit, but he has a higher average than Simon around Brandon this season. In fact his home average is second only to Chris Harris. Perhaps he will have a poor meeting, but he deserves his chance ahead of a 17 year old lad who hasn't even ridden full time EL yet.

I just feel , very strongly , that Tai Woffinden is the future of British speedway - much as Chris Holder is the future for the Australians . The Aussies weren't shy in blooding Holder early , so why the reluctance with Tai .

Allen is a decent enough journeyman second string , and i suppose the more home riders on view will help the crowd level . But Woffinden is going to be World class and the experience gained now will stand him in good stead .

I just feel , very strongly , that Tai Woffinden is the future of British speedway - much as Chris Holder is the future for the Australians . The Aussies weren't shy in blooding Holder early , so why the reluctance with Tai .

Allen is a decent enough journeyman second string , and i suppose the more home riders on view will help the crowd level . But Woffinden is going to be World class and the experience gained now will stand him in good stead .

Jim Lynch got so much of the plan correct in making sure that Ed and Tai race in Denmark but why oh why not tonight?? I can only assume that he is trying to qualify for the final which is pure folly for a nation that has no chance of winning in Vojens without having the advantage of fine tuning the setup in the race off

Think oursleves lucky that Tai is in the race-off even.

I heard someone saying that it was too soon to put him in such a big meeting so young.

I'm happy with what we're going with tonight, we'll see later if the decision JL has taken will be the correct one.

Denmark will cruise through tonight and win the Final.

GB to get through the race-off along with Poland.

Personally I can see us finishing last tonight. I think the Czechs will come out tonight like the Russians did the other night and impress. Apart from Nicholls and Harris, I think the other 3 will be pushed for every point.

ETA: Good luck to the PL reps tonight, our very own Daniel Nermark and Andrian Rymel. Come back safe Nermark!!

Edited by cometsfan2k4

Denmark will probably win like to see Britain do well but not sure the team is strong enough. Hopefully home advantage will help.