British Speedway Forum

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a shame the guy that will probably win it is an Ozzy :unsure::neutral::mad:

i think i know who you're having a dig at, if you read his profile you'll find that he was born in Scunthorpe. As coincidence has it so was I. I guess that means that i and a few thousand others should have australian passports - oddly mines a british one

its a shame that such a successful and promising rider has become the focus of some of the adherents to the great british pastime of knocking those with talent.

if he were an underdog or useless i suppose we could all pin our hopes on him and revel in his glorious failure, but because he is a brit with more than a good chance of being someone that has a real chance at excelling in his chosen sport/profession we have to try and knock any of his achievements because we can't get our heads round backing and applauding a winner

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Still looking......

Lunchtime weather update:

I'm in a state of shock for, here at the track I can report that it's sunny, the sky is blue and it's pretty WARM! :o:wink:

Still warm and sunny - riders briefing taking place at the moment which will be followed by a brief practice session so don't all rush down here as it'll be over before you get here! :wink:

I have never found Chris to be a wind up merchant. He dislikes William Lawson. You obviously haven't read his other posts on William in the past.

I wouldn't even grace one of Chris's poisoness posts with a reply ML .

Just a shame the guy that will probably win it is an Ozzy :unsure::neutral::mad:

Can you not see Tai for who he is....Born in Scunny, has a large family here.......If you support a premier league team its his grandmother who will make your riders a hot drink in the pits when they compete against the Scorpions. Many of his family are involved at the Stadium helping out....hes just a young lad who was taken to Australia when a toddler. We still look upon him as a Scunny lad! and we'll never forget his part in winning all the trophies in our C/L side ( back to back winners 2006 & 2007 ) GO TAI......WIN IT FOR SCUNNY!!!!!!

I have never found Chris to be a wind up merchant. He dislikes William Lawson. You obviously haven't read his other posts on William in the past.

Well, that's his privilege. I, on the other hand, do like Mr Lawson as a rider (and a person) and this has merely underlined my intention to go to tonight's meeting and give him a cheer to thank him for his efforts when riding for Wolverhampton, where I see the majority of my speedway.

Does anyone know the riding order for this meeting please?

Yes Kev - as per programme! :wink:

Now a quick point re King's Lynn rain off tickets from the EL Pairs: They ARE valid tonight BUT there will be NO refund in price differential i.e. you will NOT receive a £5 refund if to use them to gain admission tonight.

They can be used of course if you so wish at similar priced Super 7 events i.e. the re-staging of the EL Pairs or ELRC but if you use them at other events with same admission as tonight, then again there will be NO refund of price differential. A full refund can be obtained by sending your rain off ticket from the EL Pairs into the BSPA Offices.

Still dry here, practice over and track being re-prepared. Parade 7.30pm First race 7.45

do we know yet if Steve Boxall is riding?

Steve practiced and therefore, one assumes, will be riding.

Edited by Bryn

Anybody know what time gates open? :) Dont want to be waiting in the car park for an hour or so :P

Officially I've been told it's 6pm

Admission: Adults £15; Concessions (OAPs & Students) £10; Children 11-15 inc £5; Under 11s (with paying adult) FREE; Programme £3.

Lakeside season tickets are NOT valid.

Edited by Bryn

Riding order is:

LINE-UP:

1. Lee Strudwick

2. Lee Smart

3. Sean Stoddart

4. Ben Barker

5. Charles Wright

6. Tai Woffinden

7. Danny Betson

8. Steve Boxall