British Speedway Forum

Steve Johnston Speedway Testimonial - Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

*****PRESS RELEASE*****

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Some bad weather has arrived in the Midlands on Saturday but Johno isn’t concerned, he has checked the weather forecasts for tomorrow and they say it is going to clear through the night and be fine tomorrow.

“Everything seems to be coming together fine,” said Steve on Saturday. “Big thanks again to Dave Watt and Morten Risager for coming in as replacements at such a late stage.

“I only called Morten on Thursday and he rang me back within five minutes to agree. When he was 14 and one of the star Danish juniors, he came to the Golden Helmet with Leigh Adams and I in Leigh’s Motorhome and ended up mechanicking for me!

“It’s funny all these years later he’s racing in my meeting.”

FULL FIELD: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, LINUS SUNDSTROM, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN, MORTEN RISAGER, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS, DAVEY WATT, STEVE JOHNSTON, CARL STONEHEWER, CAMERON WOODWARD, SIMON STEAD. MAESTRO MATCH RACES – SAM ERMOLENKO v RONNIE CORREY. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

*****END*****

Edited by Sandie

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really hope the weather clears up cause johno really deserves a gud meeting:D

really looking forward to tomorrow's meeting :D should be a really good one :D

bex x

Bex

just been looking at the forecast and it looks like it will be dry BUT it is going to be windy (strong winds) so people will need to wrap up warm.

Just been chatting to Bryn about the shaving and its on, so dont forget to bring your money along to see Bryn loose some of his body hair.

We may even sell the clippings - so go to the bank and get cash!! :lol:

Bex

just been looking at the forecast and it looks like it will be dry BUT it is going to be windy (strong winds) so people will need to wrap up warm.

Just been chatting to Bryn about the shaving and its on, so dont forget to bring your money along to see Bryn loose some of his body hair.

We may even sell the clippings - so go to the bank and get cash!! :lol:

in june!! thought it was supposed to be summer :lol:

just wanted to say to have a nice day tomorrow and do some cheering for me as unfortunately i wont be able to make it now as my BF decided to have a DIY accident early hours Friday and is still in addenbrookes (sliced his thumb open and straight thru his tendons n nerve) was hoping to bring him home tonight so could still go but no such luck,as still no operation----good he's worth it aint it :rolleyes:

Oh yes - with the wind whisltling around the brandon terraces it can get very chilly!!!! :wink::lol:

WHAT???? As a certain American tennis player once said, "You CANNOT be serious!!!!" Once I'm shorne I'm likely to catch pneumonia! :o:shock::(

Will you EVER stop Whingeing, Baldilocks? :unsure:;)

Now look here BFD, as a Welshman who for some silly reason feels a tad sorry for my English mates that we beat 'em in last year's six nations, I thought I'd try and make the poms feel at home by having a whinge like what they do as my cockney mates would say! :wink::lol:

Besides which, having been to Oz for five of the last six winters, I think it's best to say, "I don't 'do' cold!" :P

Ye Gods!!! Never realised this time existed on a Sunday morning! But it's all in a good cause isn't it? No, all in a great cause! Yes it's Johno's big day - see you at Brandon! :wink:

I can't wait for today 1st speedway meeting of the year (oxford fan) I wouldn't miss this for the world tho, i had to tell work i was going to a christening lol never mind, i just hope i don't catch the sun, how would i explain that :blink:

just wanted to say to have a nice day tomorrow and do some cheering for me as unfortunately i wont be able to make it now as my BF decided to have a DIY accident early hours Friday and is still in addenbrookes (sliced his thumb open and straight thru his tendons n nerve) was hoping to bring him home tonight so could still go but no such luck,as still no operation----good he's worth it aint it :rolleyes:

sorry to hear that hope he gets better soon