British Speedway Forum

Wimbledon Memories

superdons

24 minutes ago, stevehone said:

My Pictures0025-2

Any chance the Poster can cut-and-paste the names of those in the photo please? That's apart from dear old Bert Harkins!

Just now, gustix said:

Any chance the Poster can cut-and-paste the names of those in the photo please? That's apart from dear old Bert Harkins!

but you had dealings with all of these riders and wrote about them in your time as speedway correspondent for the SLP .. by the way, Terry Mussett, Igor Plechanov, and Gary Sweet aren't in the picture so you should know them all

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, stevehone said:

but you had dealings with all of these riders and wrote about them in your time as speedway correspondent for the SLP .. by the way, Terry Mussett, Igor Plechanov, and Gary Sweet aren't in the picture so you should know them all

Don't try to dodge the issue! Who are the other riders seen apart from Bert Harkins? 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, stevehone said:

...but what about supporters who have no Wimbledon links? And I don't recall dealing with any of those shown in my 40 year tenure at the South London Press.

do YOU know any of the other riders? serious question

if you don't, then i seriously doubt your claim to have ANYTHING to do with speedway as dubious at best

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevehone said:

do YOU know any of the other riders? serious question

if you don't, then i seriously doubt your claim to have ANYTHING to do with speedway as dubious at best

Have you asked on FB if anyone knows John ?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, prodons said:

The chequered bow tie kind of gives the gentleman sitting on the right hand side away...

If gustix doesn't recognise him, it would be a major shock. More to the point, he should know the guy in the middle at the front. The guy at bottom left was a good'un too...

Just now, chunky said:

If gustix doesn't recognise him, it would be a major shock. More to the point, he should know the guy in the middle at the front. The guy at bottom left was a good'un too...

You have rare confidence in my recognition abilities. Sadly I have no idea who the people concerned are.

Just now, gustix said:

Sadly I have no idea who the people concerned are.

No disrespect, John, but it IS sad. Really, really sad. Particularly when I told you...

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

King Haroldt...

Thanks for pointing error out. Blame predictive spelling - and me for not cross checking. Thank you.

Edited by Guest