British Speedway Forum

Big Meeting At Poole

CrazySue ...... new trampoline or tickets to speedway no contest in this house :wink:

OMIGOD - You got the Trampoline!!!!! :rolleyes: Hello, QANTAS? Any seats available TONIGHT? :blink::lol:

One of my favourite Possies is the UNDER TRAMPOLINE STYLE: Usually follows after the previous position ( ON TOP OF THE TRAMPOLINE ) falls through, as it were! :shock:

Edited by BigFatDave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope that the weather is alright for this meeting.

It is looking a little grim - I have my tickets booked and a 3 hour journey to make so praying the forecast changes -- perhaps 21st century heathen can wave his magic wand? :lol:

Depends Tony - a cracking view from up there in the restuarant with a better vantage point of all the lines on the track, action replays of all the action etc, plus a 3 course meal and bar to hand. If I wasn't working on the day, it's where I'd be, not sat freezing me bits off on a cold grandstand seat. ;)

If you are in the middle of your meal in the restaurant and the meeting is called off, what happens then ??:o

When they rerun the meeting do they give you a pudding voucher :lol:

Edited by Eastie

Bob is right I'd say, his official website says its Emil Sajfutdinov ;)

I've seen it spelt with a Y as well Hector, but it is on uk speedway sites.Haven't seen it spelt with an I like the oracle says but then he would believe all that comes from pirate-land is gospel wouldn't he.

Rabs, only kidding about the job. I'm sure you do it better than most could anyway. :wink:

As for your weather, at the mo the daytime looks fairly bleak but clearer later on.

Edited by colincooke

If you are in the middle of your meal in the restaurant and the meeting is called off, what happens then ??:o

When they rerun the meeting do they give you a pudding voucher :lol:

I think they will reheat all the meals for monday night :lol:

Edited by orion

They've started!

I for one am pleased with this as Adam should have been in the meeting anyway!

Agree. Hancock was always doubtful and was making pretty feeble excuses for the last month. No loss as he has had his day and his career is almost over. Rather see Sheilds who puts British speedway first and was in the original lineup. Gollob was appraoched but Matt said it would cost "£365" a ticket to get in. Such were his demands.

Hancock would have done diddly squat anyway. At least Sheilds is local and is quick around Wimborne Road.

Matt said today at Press and practice that he doubts there will be any other riders pulling out.

He also went to great lengths to tell the gathering there that delaying buying their tickets will put their chances of getting into the stadium at risk. He said that he had read the internet remarks and said that the comments about tiocket sales being slow and comments that he was trying to push tickets by scaremongering were false. He said ticket sales had been brisk for the first couple of weeks and then died off over the Christmas/New Year period. At that time he wondered if he had done the right thing in putting on such a big meeting.

However, ticket sales in the last three weeks have been extremely high and they have been selling them at about £2000 a day. The resteraunt is sold out, and the main grandstand only has a few tickets left. He sai that more than likely fans in the queues would be turned away. He said Health and Safety had reduced the capacity of the stadium since the WTC in 2004 and only 5,500 would be allowed entry, regardless of how many are queuing outside.

So that's the latest.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Agree. Hancock was always doubtful and was making pretty feeble excuses for the last month. No loss as he has had his day and his career is almost over. Rather see Sheilds who puts British speedway first and was in the original lineup. Gollob was appraoched but Matt said it would cost "£365" a ticket to get in. Such were his demands.

Hancock would have done diddly squat anyway. At least Sheilds is local and is quick around Wimborne Road.

Matt said today at Press and practice that he doubts there will be any other riders pulling out.

He also went to great lengths to tell the gathering there that delaying buying their tickets will put their chances of getting into the stadium at risk. He said that he had read the internet remarks and said that the comments about tiocket sales being slow and comments that he was trying to push tickets by scaremongering were false. He said ticket sales had been brisk for the first couple of weeks and then died off over the Christmas/New Year period. At that time he wondered if he had done the right thing in putting on such a big meeting.

However, ticket sales in the last three weeks have been extremely high and they have been selling them at about £2000 a day. The resteraunt is sold out, and the main grandstand only has a few tickets left. He sai that more than likely fans in the queues would be turned away. He said Health and Safety had reduced the capacity of the stadium since the WTC in 2004 and only 5,500 would be allowed entry, regardless of how many are queuing outside.

So that's the latest.

Steve you sound more like Matt's P.R man with every post . :rolleyes:

For someone who says he will not buy a season ticket ,because of the lack of insentive, surprised you managed to get an invite to the season ticket holders, press and sponsors event . :unsure:

Hancock was always doubtful and was making pretty feeble excuses for the last month. No loss as he has had his day and his career is almost over. Rather see Sheilds who puts British speedway first and was in the original lineup. Gollob was appraoched but Matt said it would cost "£365" a ticket to get in. Such were his demands.

I do remember posting back in early January that there was one rider who Matt was slightly concerned might end up pulling out. I wouldn't name him then for obvious reasons, but wahey and quelle surprise, here we are 5 days before the event and it's come to pass. Still like Steve says, much prefer to see Shieldsy back in the line-up. A local based rider and well liked with a good record around Poole so yep, pleased with that. :approve:

So that's the latest.

Steve.

Does that mean its not worth travelling without a ticket.

Steve you sound more like Matt's P.R man with every post . :rolleyes:

For someone who says he will not buy a season ticket ,because of the lack of insentive, surprised you managed to get an invite to the season ticket holders, press and sponsors event . :unsure:

Certainly won't buy a season ticket and told Matt straight. He knows that I think its a dud deal. Reason is I got a late invite because I was asked to take some pics for the club for the track shop, and also at the DD on Saturday night. Would have been there at 6 pm otherwise.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Steve.

Does that mean its not worth travelling without a ticket.

Not at all. It means if you haven't got a ticket and are going to chance your luck on the day, I would advise getting there very early.

Just my opinion of course.