British Speedway Forum

What Happens If

As we have 3 riders who by age alone (Adams, Hancock & Gollob) could "retire" from GP's what happens to their places and riding numbers

I am not picking on these riders but Leigh has hinted at it, Gollob hinted last year

Your thoughts

If, and I think at this moment it's a big if, all 3 decide to hang up their GP Kevlars then I would assume the top 3 in the GP qualifier replace them and then the 3 below those would be the ones who 'qualified'. Sure someone else has a more definite answer.

Greg may contemplate it but will give it another go. Leigh has rode really well this season in the GP and with finishing second may feel he can go one better in 2008. Gollob, I think, will surprise a lot of people in 2008.

If, and I think at this moment it's a big if, all 3 decide to hang up their GP Kevlars then I would assume the top 3 in the GP qualifier replace them and then the 3 below those would be the ones who 'qualified'. Sure someone else has a more definite answer.

Greg may contemplate it but will give it another go. Leigh has rode really well this season in the GP and with finishing second may feel he can go one better in 2008. Gollob, I think, will surprise a lot of people in 2008.

Maybe this would best left in the hint[erland], Chris! :wink:

I think that more recently all 3 of these riders have hinted they'll be back for another crack next year, so this is an unlikely scenario.

I think that if one of them goes, Tomicek gets a place as he came 4th in the qualifier. If any more of them retire i suppose that IMG would get an extra pick or two.

As i said though, i don't see any of them stopping. And if any of them do, i certainly doubt it will be more than 1 of them.

I think with 200 thousand dollars on offer next season you will find all 3 will be back

If those riders mention do return this leaves 4 places up for grabs.

Harris will get one of them as will Jonsson having both won GPs this year. Also, Harris' exit from the run-off was controversial and unfair. Two places left. Dryml will be seen as the natural replacement for Zagar whilst Holta might be considered as the second Scandinavian in the series. It all depends whether or not IMG want two or three Poles next year. They will go for Kasprzak in preference to either Hampel and Jagus, who has done well but, might be considered too old. They could, however, give the final place to under 21 champion Emil Sajfutdinov.

Poor state in speedway if one of those does go and is replaced by Tomicek as he is not in the class of those 3

The same could have been said when Harris made the GP's.

So what's your magic formulae for replacing retiring riders with even better riders. :(

BSI and I await with interest. :lol:

:blink::blink:

Edited by Tsunami