British Speedway Forum

Scott Nicholls

It was a cynical move, diving into a gap that wasn't there, deliberately engineered because he was on his way out of next year's GP series, and there was no way that Hans/Nicki was going to........Hang on, wrong rider, it was Scott Nicholls.

It was a typical racing incident, nothing malicious, just both riders going for the same bit of track. If Bomber doesn't get the expected nomination for next year, it will all be the ref's fault because he didn't stop the race and exclude Scott for being the cause of the stoppage.

Except it wasn't the ref who knocked Bomber off of his bike.

Cynical= showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions, esp. by actions that exploit the scruples of others.

Mistaken=an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness etc

If you think Scotty meant to take out Bomber you are walking up the wrong path. Cynical no, mistaken maybe.

Wolfy

Edited by wolfy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynical= showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions, esp. by actions that exploit the scruples of others.

Mistaken=an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness etc

If you think Scotty meant to take out Bomber you are walking up the wrong path. Cynical no, mistaken maybe.

Wolfy

You have missed the point of my posting. It was just a frivolous bit of band-width wasting. Sorry.

Edited by Barney Rabbit

I think what is annoying people is the inconsistency of referees...

*now with tongue firmly in cheek*

Would one say that Nicholls' "wipeout" of Harris was less or worse than Balinski's "wipeout" of Janniro t'other Monday? One got excluded (for tapping a dirt deflector), the other took the back wheel completely away!!!

:D:D Now before you start! I'm over it (my therapist keeps telling me so!!) I was just making a point of inconsistency of interpretation of the rules......

Another point, was so relieved that Hans was OK after that horrendous crash, and what a piece of riding from Mr Leigh Adams to avoid smacking him in the head and then swerving the other way to avoid Bjarne!!

Wouldn't this sport be fun if there were helmet mikes?

Can't you just hear Mr Adams as he came round the corner to see bikes flying everywhere "oh I say, it's Smallmead all over again!" (or words to that effect....)

Anyhewwww.....

:lol: Please take this post in the spirit in which it was intended..... :D

I can honestly say that i dont believe for a minuite,that the would so something like that to chris harris,and didnt he go and speak to him afterwards? chris imo will be back in the gps next yr.

All this querying regarding run-offs - does no-one remember the night of Gollob getting decked by Boyce at Hackney. At the end of the meeting Gollob had to have a race-off with Henka Gustafsson for the final qualifying place, which Henka duly won, much to the delight of pretty much the whole stadium.

The rules relating to the run-offs have been placed on various threads.

Rico :rolleyes:

Please do not paint Scotty Nicholls with the brush of Hans Andersen, as i said before scotty went for a move with no malicious intent he made a mistake fair and square and the ref was wrong in not dealing with it. You cannot blame scotty for the refs bottle dropping.

Wolfy!!!

Bet Nicholls wishes he was 1/2 the man Hans is ;) , we've seen him

having a go at fans and ignoring little boys shouting his name just for a wave some ambassador for british speedway :o

I can honestly say that i dont believe for a minuite,that the would so something like that to chris harris,and didnt he go and speak to him afterwards? chris imo will be back in the gps next yr.

Not without being told to.

We were on back straight front row right above pits, Harris came back to pits first and want to his bay, Nicholls then walked past and got a lot of abuse from the mainly English at the front of our block, he just looked up and grinned and then went into his pit bay and sat down.

Then Middleditch went and had a word with Nicholls and Nicholls got up and walked towards Harris pit bay, when he got there Harris told him to f*** off so Nicholls turned straight back around and went back into his pit bay.

Question - I recorded the repeat that was on at 1am, on the live broadcast did they show interviews then with Harris and Nicholls because Jonathan Green interviewed them seperatly but they weren't shown on the 1am programme?

Not without being told to.

We were on back straight front row right above pits, Harris came back to pits first and want to his bay, Nicholls then walked past and got a lot of abuse from the mainly English at the front of our block, he just looked up and grinned and then went into his pit bay and sat down.

Then Middleditch went and had a word with Nicholls and Nicholls got up and walked towards Harris pit bay, when he got there Harris told him to f*** off so Nicholls turned straight back around and went back into his pit bay.

I saw Nicholls walk to Harris' pit bay, but I noticed he didn't stay long. I guessed he'd been told by the pit crew he wasn't welcome, but being on the second bend I couldn't see fully into the pit bay.

Thanks Rob for clearing up the incident

Just got back from Germany and just knew that the `hate scotty' brigade would be out in force. As a Bees fan I think they're both great. Scotty because he's a brilliant captain who does care about his team mates, as we saw when Bomber fell the other week and Scotty was the first to run over to make sure he was okay. Bomber because on the right track, not the poor excuse of a track at Gelsenkirchen last night, he's one of the most exciting riders in speedway.

If the boot was on the other foot then Bomber would have done exactly the same as Scotty.

As for calling Scotty talentless, words fail me.

Just got back from Germany and just knew that the `hate scotty' brigade would be out in force.  As a Bees fan I think they're both great.  Scotty because he's a brilliant captain  who does care about his team mates, as we saw when Bomber fell the other week and Scotty was the first to run over to make sure he was okay.  Bomber because on the right track, not the poor excuse of a track at Gelsenkirchen last night, he's one of the most exciting riders in speedway.

If the boot was on the other foot then Bomber would have done exactly the same as Scotty.

As for calling Scotty talentless, words fail me.

With the position they were in this could turn out to be the best situation the two British riders could have been. Scott qualifies by right (or, possibly 'wrong') and Chris will probably will be given a wild card by winning the GP in Cardiff plus the way he was eliminated from the race-off. I am not so sure that Scott would have been invited back if he had finished 9th bearing in mind the number of occasions he has been given a wild card spot in the past.

Well I blame Subedei for Scott making such a desperate move. :P He probably reads the forum and couldn't stand the thought of another 12 months of being called a beggar (amongst other things) if he didn't qualify.

Makes interesting reading. The Coventry fans will insist there is no problem between the 2, possibly because they want the 2 to stay. But others have said the relationship between the 2 has been strained for a while and this could well be the straw that breaks the camels back. Nicholls to head south East?

If this had been between any other rider and Scott then i imagine this thread would be alot less childish. 3 riders in a GP run off !! its not a practice session. Racing is hard at that level, people have said before that scott does not race hard enough to win a GP !!

It was a tough move and i havnt heard any direct quotes from Chris or Scott yet. Directly after the incident i am sure feelings were going to be strong still but i know its not directly the same but have you never fell out with anybody you work with? it doesn`t mean you ask for a transfer does it !!

From what i can make out it is another get on Scott Nicholls back slanging match. He is great when he gets a maximum for GB and you can never fault him for his attitude at club level. Scott is not a dirty rider.

If this had been between any other rider and Scott then i imagine this thread would be alot less childish. 3 riders in a GP run off !! its not a practice session. Racing is hard at that level, people have said before that scott does not race hard enough to win a GP !! 

It was a tough move and i havnt heard any direct quotes from Chris or Scott yet. Directly after the incident i am sure feelings were going to be strong still but i know its not directly the same but have you never fell out with anybody you work with? it doesn`t mean you ask for a transfer does it !!

From what i can make out it is another get on Scott Nicholls back slanging match. He is great when he gets a maximum for GB and you can never fault him for his attitude at club level. Scott is not a dirty rider.

You may be right, but this is hardly a falling out at work of the usual sort. Chris should now be able to relax, having secured his GP place for next year. Instead, he has got to sweat on whether or not he gets in with a nomination. If he does, he will ride with the knowledge that he isn't in the GP's by right - think it doesn't matter? Ask the riders. It's also possible that, should he fail to qualify again he may not get a nominated place because he has already had one. I wonder who he will blame this on, the ref? Well, it wasn't the ref that knocked him off of his bike.