British Speedway Forum

Leszno Gp May 10th 2008

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another perfectly decent speedway meeting followed by people coming on here and saying it was rubbish. What is this? Some sort of anti-speedway orchestrated campaign or something?

Great to see Leigh win. Let's hope he can do more of the same this year and finally get the title he deserves.

The crash in the semi was Nicki's fault. In fact, I think he "played" for it - like a footballer taking a dive for a penalty. Worked though. Can't really criticise him.

I mean, look at these pictures. In the first they are away from the white line and Nicki looks over and sees Crump.

npjc1.jpg

Now look where they are in the second, when contact is made. Totally Nicki's fault, and he even looked like he laid the bike down.

npjc2.jpg

He was dropped after poor meeting, only a fool would think it was on Richardson's terms. Idiot.

Well everyone in the speedway star must an idiot as there was a bit piece on the subject , lee would not ride for them thou they wanted him to as he felt it would unfair on another rider

Try to keep up to speed with events then you won't look so foolish next time .

After watching last years world cup meetings from Lezno,which where great to watch.I expected a cracking meeting last night.but again a slick track was on show and the racing suffered because of it! why they prepare tracks this way is beyond me.By the way crump unlucky last night pederson pulled a fast one there! :angry:

Nicholls and Harris are just not quick enough over the first lap and never will be IMO, not enough to get anywhere near a World Championship rostrum anyway. Its an unfortunate Britsh trait, doesn't have too much to do with set ups or professionalism, its just reactions at the gate and choice of line round the first two bends. How quick you are over the last three laps is irrelevant if you are out of contention after the first one.

Pedersen definitely took a dive and his play acting up by the fence had me shouting at the TV. Our sport is turning into football! Like Grachan says you can't really balme him because it worked but it left a sour taste for me.

Racing was OK but more dirt would have made it even better. Slick tracks for GP's are starting to grate on me a bit.

Edited by Bagpuss

You are to late Dave me Brian Jean and the rest of the crew have just about drunk the place dry of to Rybnik for a league match today you must get out here next year and travel with us PS the next editions on disc are on there way to you

No Wuckin' Furries cuz, I'll be there with Bells on!! :rolleyes: (Should make me easy to recognise!! :lol: )

Yet another perfectly decent speedway meeting followed by people coming on here and saying it was rubbish. What is this? Some sort of anti-speedway orchestrated campaign or something?

Totally agree Grachan, I certainly wouldn't have felt embarassed taking a first timer to that meeting. Anyway in comparison to Somerset v Rye, it was thrilling!

As for Nicholls, yes he was rubbish last night, but I’d rather have him riding in Grand Prix’s than have one fewer Brit in the series. Harris has been mediocre in most GP’s but the one win he had cheered up British Speedway no end. Untill Woffinden hits the big time I’d just be grateful that we have any Brits to cheer on, relax and stop over analysing every heat.

Oh and well done to former Wasp Iversen, two semi finals in two GP's, can’t be long before he reaches a final in my opinion. :approve:

JT

Good GP for Millardisms - (Man from Mildura etc) but tonight we had a new one :-

"Rune Holta, the FINN riding on a Polish Licence". :blink:

I have been watching Slovenian SGP on SKY, and I was laughing when tony Millard presented rider #5 : "Rider in red helmet color - Hans CHRISTIAN Andersen...." - even Kelvin has started to laugh :D

A cracking night in the New Inn, and that was before the Adder took us down memory lane with his own unique version of the worst Swindon Town XI of all time! :blink:

Decent meeting IMHO, as it invariably is when the GPs are on traditional racing circuits rather than the man-made tracks that blight half of the series. I agree that a bit more dirt may have helped, although obviously the best man still won, so it was all smiles in sunny Swindon! Leigh definitely had his gating boots on in his last 4 rides after he swapped bikes.

Re the Pedersen / Crump incident, we were unanimous to a man that the referee had got it right so I'm amazed that the consensus on here blame Nicki. Not that I'd have expected him to get a fair trial, mind you! Sadly for Jason that was the first heat that he had actually looked like he meant business. Maybe next time? :unsure:

Anyway, Leigh put Slovenia firmly behind him and moves up to 4th overall. Shame that popular chap that hit the fence went top really. :rolleyes:

Edited by Seb the Snail

Re the Pedersen / Crump incident, we were unanimous to a man that the referee had got it right so I'm amazed that the consensus on here blame Nicki. Not that I'd have expected him to get a fair trial, mind you!

Thanks for posting that Seb! I despair that people are still after all this time blaming Nicki for the slightest bit of controversy he gets into. As said before, ref spot on. :approve:

Get out of it! Nicki took a dive. (Based on how I saw it, not who he is.)

Edited by Grachan

Was funny in the new inn when nicki hit the fence the whole pub cheered :lol: thou the replay showed us that crump had took nicki leg away and the ref made the right call .

Good win for mr clean and sent the swindon fans home happy i thought is was a good meeting and it was good to see the mighty rosco in the adams camp cheering him on makes a change because when he is behind the bar he cheers on crump as a rule :lol:

Lets face it, in April you called Lee Richardson as the British Number 1, based on his performances in Poland.

First of all, no I didn't, I said that Richardson was probably the most consistent British performer in the Polish leagues over recent seasons. And since there were a good 2-3 seasons when the former British champion couldn't even get a gig in Poland, I don't see how anyone can disagree.

Get out of it! Nicki took a dive. (Based on how I saw it, not who he is.)

Absolutely, nothing to do with Nicki's past, just how I saw it last night. Pedersen knew Crump had got him so made sure that they made contact and he went down :rolleyes:

Nicholls and Harris are just not quick enough over the first lap and never will be IMO, not enough to get anywhere near a World Championship rostrum anyway. Its an unfortunate Britsh trait, doesn't have too much to do with set ups or professionalism, its just reactions at the gate and choice of line round the first two bends. How quick you are over the last three laps is irrelevant if you are out of contention after the first one.

Pedersen definitely took a dive and his play acting up by the fence had me shouting at the TV. Our sport is turning into football! Like Grachan says you can't really balme him because it worked but it left a sour taste for me.

Racing was OK but more dirt would have made it even better. Slick tracks for GP's are starting to grate on me a bit.

The way both Harris and Nicholls have started the GP series we are in danger of having no Brits in next year.Nicholls got in by right this year but Harris had to rely on a GP pick.Dont see both being that lucky if there is not a big improvement.

Was really looking forward to this GP, but was very disappointed with the quality of racing. The track was far too slick and rider who tried the outside run just went backwards.

Why does Olsen persevere with this type of track? Surely he must see that it serves up heat after heat fo largely processional fare. I am struggling to recall any heat where the leader was overtaken after lap 1.

As for the Crump/Pedersen incident, I've seen them being given both ways. Personally I thought Crumpy was ahead and Pedersen turned left on him and Nicki should have been the one excluded. But not an easy call.

Millard seemed in better form than usual, just thought it was funny in Nicki's 3rd ride (I think) when Millard didn't recognise that he was at the back of the field until Tatum helped him out.

Thought it was a pretty boring GP to be honest. After hearing the likes of Sube singing the praises of all that's Polish on here, I was expecting passing in almost every heat. All we seemed to see was a track where those trying an outside line went backwards, and any passes when they did arise coming from mistakes when a rider drifted off the racing line. Very disappointing. Heat 19 was about the most entertaining race of the lot, by which time I'd reverted to reading a book for the most part.

Couldn't call the Crump/Pedersen incident - JC did make contact with Nicki so on that alone was likely to go. Nicki did seem to cut across and then bale out pretty easily. 50/50 call and either rider would have had reason to feel a bit aggrieved.

Let's hope the next one is more exciting.

Edited by rabbit