British Speedway Forum

Leszno Gp May 10th 2008

QUOTE (Rob B @ May 10 2008, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think ref was probably right to exclude Crump but how can he award the race, has there been a rule change thought you couldn't award FIM races?

I thought the same, but a friend suggested maybe the ref didn't actually stop the race until the winner had crossed the line. Therefore the race was over and had to be declared.

No idea if that's right tho.

Edit. If I'd carried on down the page I'd have found out the friend was correct ;)

Edited by Star Lady

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done leigh adams a worth winner

"Pedersen clearly ran into Crump". - Sam Ermolenko yet again talking bollox.

Please please can Sky get rid of this complete & utter tosser. :angry:

Agree 100%. Also, I thought that Lee Richardson came across very well and should be a regular, he definitely knows what he's talking about. I think Sams going senile! :lol: Good to see a ref making the correct decision too.

Well done to Leigh on his win, it certainly meant a lot to him.

Also well done to Jarek, now show some of that spirit while riding for ipswich! :approve:

Agree 100%. Also, I thought that Lee Richardson came across very well and should be a regular, he definitely knows what he's talking about. I think Sams going senile! :lol: Good to see a ref making the correct decision too.

Well we all know that Ermolenko doesn't like Pedersen neither does that idiot Tatum. :rolleyes: If the tables had of been turned and it was Pedersen that knocked off Crump then we'd of had 50 pages already on this forum by now slating Nicki. Crump got exactly what he deserved. :rolleyes:

Two GPs and the Brits still haven't managed to win a heat.

Well spotter , Hector. I wonder what the reason is ! Perhaps it would be a wise decision not to have any in next years unless they qualify by right.

Perhaps it would be a wise decision not to have any in next years unless they qualify by right.

Agreed.

The former British champion is now 59 Grands Prix and counting - only eight riders can better that number and they've all won at least one.

I do wonder at times what people like in speedway - that was totally boring hardly any passing on what is supposed to be a great racing track, and then Pedersen cutting back into Crump and getting the decision. Well done Ole and his Danes.:mad:

Haven't seen the action, but will watch the replay.

But everyone could see from the SWC last year that Leszno is a great track. But Olsen is a golem who hates everything the fans love. He hates entertainment, he hates great racing, he hates seeing happy fans and he's no fun whatsoever. I feel much the same about Olsen as I do about syphilis. The FIM need to get a funhog in as race director.

Referee messed up. Rules state that if a rider causes an another rider is unable to continue, if no other rider has finished the heat it has to be re-run, when Crumpy was judged to have knocked off Nicki (Nicki rode into Crump IMO) no rider had crossed the line to semi 2 should have been re-run.

No idea who the referee is but he should never be allowed to referee a GP again.

FIM need to get a funhog in as race director.

You up for it then Sub?

:lol:

Guest chris26

haha, some of the comments about poor little nicki make me :lol: :lol:

the replays quite clearly showed, he BLATANTLY looked over and saw Crump was passing him. He delibrately moved over IMO so that it seemed Crump knocked him off. cannot believe that the referee was fooled into that. :rolleyes:

Tbf, it would be easiest job in the world. Every weekend you'd visit the track and it's staff and say 'I let you guys sort it out'. Simple really.

The rest of his job covers brown nosing, shaking hands, make sure everyone's ok after a bump, pick up the phone when the rider wants a word with the ref and then tap his watch when time is getting on.

Totally agree with Sub on this one. I watch Polish League Speedway every week online & see 2-3 meetings each week. The tracks r brilliantly prepared with loads of dirt on 7 loads of good race lines on them & thats when they are prepared for afternoon meetings.

What happens 2day?? We get one of the best tracks in the world with the track as slick as a board because that imbecile Olsen is involved. 4 gods sake, we have the best riders in the world here so give them a chance & give them something 2 race on if the miss the start. All he wants 2 see is Pedersen jet from the gate & win at a canter. More entertainment in half a dozen league races in Poland than the 23 there 2nite.

Awful decision from the ref 2 cap it all off as well. Crumpy had far more speed & passed him up the inside w/o changing his line. Quite clear on the replay that Nicki looked left & though oh dear i'm out here so i'd better turn left & drop it!! Yes, Crumpy touched him but lets be fair, its a contact sport & there were countless other times when riders touched & clashed but not enough 2 make em fall off. That touch was so light it wouldnt even have knocked my Gran off her zimmerframe!! And wot about the delayed reaction?? Touch, couple of seconds 2 ponder & then drop the bike!! He is fast becoming Speedways answer 2 Didier Drogba!!

If i'm correct the WCF is at Vojens this ye isnt it?? No point tuning in2 that then. May as well watch cars driving on the M62 cos thats wot the track will resemble. Olsen is killing the sport & big time. Give these lads something 2 race on & watch the entertainment not this snooze fest.

I'm over the moon for Captain Fantastic. I thought he'd stuffed it up in his third ride, but what a come back! Mr Bobbin' is entirely to blame for the incident with Crump and Pedersen - he had not long noted that no-one had yet come off, when - Boof - it happened. :wink:

Referee also messed up Hans' first heat, he went over the white line on bend 2. He should have been excluded. it may be irrelevant now but what if eh had been tied on points and results with someone for the semis? He may have got the advantage despite the fact he should have had an exclusion and lost out.

Well I haven't seen many GP's on TV (I hate watching any sport on TV), but I went to, or worked at, every GP for the first 5/6 years...and I've seen a few since then - and I can easily say that was the worst meeting, on the most boring track, I've ever witnessed. Heaven help us if they go there again...

Gimme an unpredictable, rutted-up temporary track over that garbage any day !

:(

And sorry, but if you think all Polish tracks, and therefore Polish speedway meetings, are always "perfect speedway" then you live where only the visually restricted cuckoos live ! Speedway, no matter where it is, is sometimes brilliant fun and sometimes brilliantly not !

Looked like a perfectly standard Leszno track to me (and plenty of the riders !)...still, if you know better, go for it :rolleyes:

Well I haven't seen many GP's on TV (I hate watching any sport on TV), but I went to, or worked at, every GP for the first 5/6 years...and I've seen a few since then - and I can easily say that was the worst meeting, on the most boring track, I've ever witnessed. Heaven help us if they go there again...

Gimme an unpredictable, rutted-up temporary track over that garbage any day !

:(

And sorry, but if you think all Polish tracks, and therefore Polish speedway meetings, are always "perfect speedway" then you live where only the visually restricted cuckoos live ! Speedway, no matter where it is, is sometime brilliant fun and sometimes brilliantly not !

Looked like a perfectly standard Leszno track to me (and plenty of the riders !)...still, if you know better, go for it :rolleyes:

Typical nonsense from the Turnip. Probably distraught at the failure of the former British champion.