British Speedway Forum

Leszno Gp May 10th 2008

Can anyone assist with this please. We are looking to go over for the GP at Leszno. What are the hotels like etc. Also any confirmed date yet? Cheers in advance. :)

Edited by Blazeaway

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone assist with this please. We are looking to go over for the GP at Leszno. What are the hotels like etc. Also any confirmed date yet? Cheers in advance.  :)

Done Leszno 3 times now, not many hotels there so opt for staying in Poznan and getting the train

There are a few trains back in the evening, a couple before midnight, which take an hour to get back to Poznan, which has plenty of places to stay

The other option would be to stay in Wroclaw , but the train journey is longer (about 1.5 hrs). After the world cup semi the train back was due at 00:27, but was delayed...ended up back in Wroclaw at 3am...which is why Poznan seems a better bet!

Was gonna do a similar post but once the date had been set. Watch out Leszno, there could well be a Poole Pirates Polska Tour in 2008 :D

Although I study in Poznan and should defend my new mecca of debauchery :P, I think Wroclaw is a bit better overall and more "European" than Poznan, especially the famous Old Sqr. However, it may be a nice change from Wroclaw which many of you have already explored for GPs.

Both cities are entertaining locations anyway and I advise you to wait for the next year's schedule of Polish leagues first. Hopefully there will be a league round after the GP so staying in Poznan or Wroclaw you may get to watch some league action as well :)

As for Leszno, being honest, it's just a sh!thole with about 64 thousand inhabitants and a speedway stadium.. Which doesn't mean the atmosphere on the route railway station -> old square -> stadium won't be cracking :D But everyone has to land in their hotel sooner or later and it might be a bit complicated even with quite frequent and reliable train connections. On the other hand, a train full of drunk speedway fans is always something special.

All in all then, don't worry about Leszno's all inconvenience and come over! :)

Edited by Mateusz

• 2 weeks later...

Have just read on Speedway.info.pl (speedway newsletter) that it's quite likely Leszno will host the first GP of 2008 and it might be May 10th.. We'll see but that would be a nice beginning of the new GP series.

Have just read on Speedway.info.pl (speedway newsletter) that it's quite likely Leszno will host the first GP of 2008 and it might be May 10th.. We'll see but that would be a nice beginning of the new GP series.

As I posted a little while ago, I heard that Krsko will host the opening round and it will be on April 26th. It has not been officially confirmed yet, but this info came directly from the organizers, AMD Krsko club.

As I posted a little while ago, I heard that Krsko will host the opening round and it will be on April 26th. It has not been officially confirmed yet, but this info came directly from the organizers, AMD Krsko club.

Leszno may be 2nd then and if Krsko is on 26th it would even make sense - 10th May is two weeks after :)

• 1 month later...