British Speedway Forum

Mmm.. can someone explain to me why so many people on here think the manager is to blame for tonights performance?

What other manager would have made any difference tonight, there was very few other riders available to him that would or could have done much better.

The only question I can not answer is if he is a good motivator, but even a better motivator would have done very little to change the performance tonight, the riders were simply not fast eonough out the gate or on the track.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic Speedway, fantastic atmosphere that even came across on tv. Leszno has to be one of the best tracks in the whole world, maybe the best. I'm glad the GP will be there in 2008 and 2009.

Congratulations Poland, i thought they deserved to win. One or two points. The comments on here about Walasek. This is 100% typical of Speedway or more to the point the authorities that make the rules. A crazy rule left open to either 1. Abuse or 2. Chinese whispers and gripes by the rest. Which is nearest the truth tonight doesn't matter. They HAVE to change this rule. Let any reserve come in after Heat 5 for any out of form rider.What's so wrong with that ? The way the rule is now it just courts controversy, or maybe thats what some in power want as it gets people talking, creates a buzz. I don't know why GB were so bad tonight. They were abysmal. 99% of the time as a nation we dont seem to be able to adapt and ride to the track or conditions like most other nations. We heard Nicki Pedersen talking about telling Bjarne the lines and the other nations seemed dialled in to it while the GB boys were floundering going out wide on turn 4 and getting passed easily. By about heat 18 they were finally getting it !!!  I'm not a fan of the Danes, or two of them really to be honest , lol. But tonight i thought they showed great intelligence and rode with their heads. No last places i think ?    I thought with 7 heats to go they had it won. That they didnt is soley down to the way Poland rode. They pulled it out of the fire and rode with swashbuckling guts and determination. Andersens comments were sour grapes but just what to expect from him. Nice to see Gollob be the one to finish it too towards the end of his career, he's given us all so many great races over the years. Again well done Polska !!!

I don't think I can disagree with any of that.

Great post and spot on Philip.

:blink:  now I am lost

i think he wanted you to use some paragraphs, as it can be a little hard to read on a pc screen when it's all in one block of text.

Anyway, well done Poland, some quite good racing tonight, but yeah, i bet it's usually much better in the league, but we're used to the gp and swc tracks being prepared differently to the league meetings held on the same tracks.

As for GB, the only word is dissapointing

I can only think of one sport us brits are good at and its the good old pub game of DARTS.

What about the sport where a Brit is currently 5th in the World? or what about that one where a Brit is currently 1st in the World?

Whats sports? Speedway and F1!!!!

Typical British attitude of "we're rubbish", amazingly, we're not! :rolleyes:

Oh, we're pretty good at various cycling events too :P

Edited by SCB

What about the sport where a Brit is currently 5th in the World?  or what about that one where a Brit is currently 1st in the World?

Whats sports?  Speedway and F1!!!!

Typical British attitude of "we're rubbish", amazingly, we're not!  :rolleyes:

Oh, we're pretty good at various cycling events too  :P

Don't forget Bog Snorkling!

Love my speedway but not very gened up about the technicalities so please be easy on me but I have a few questions.

1. Do the GB riders ride in Poland?.

Yes, they do. Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and Lee Richardson all compete in the Polish League, so they must have machinery suitable for riding those tracks.

Eddie Kennett has had three or four meetings for Chesztokowa (sp) and he said that Mike Lee was preparing some engines for him set up for the Polish tracks for the World Cup.

I don't know if Simon Stead rides in Poland, but a Belle Vue fan will probably know.

A very disappointing performance from Team GB and at least two of their points came when there were only three riders in a race!

Chris Harris rides for Rybnik in Liga I, the Polish equivalent of the Premier League.

Scott Nicholls rides for Rzeszow in the Ekstraliga, alongside Davey Watt and Nicki P.

Lee Richardson rides for Czestochowa in the Ekstraliga.

Simon Stead rides for Grudziadz in Liga I, but rode for Torun in the Ekstraliga last season.

Edward Kennett rides for Czestochowa as a junior in the Ekstraliga.

I can only think of one sport us brits are good at and its the good old pub game of DARTS.

What about the sport where a Brit is currently 5th in the World?  or what about that one where a Brit is currently 1st in the World?

Whats sports?  Speedway and F1!!!!

Typical British attitude of "we're rubbish", amazingly, we're not!  :rolleyes:

Oh, we're pretty good at various cycling events too  :P

and shoveha`penny :lol:

True the Brits did poorly (seemed SO down on speed/power!!??) but what an awesome track, great racing and superb excitement. :)

This was more than a million times better than ANYTHING any GP round in ten years has served up!! :o

Proof to me that we MUST for the sake of the future of our sport return to the old individual World Championship system without delay.. :neutral:

Would a Brit win under such a system though..?! Currently hardly any chance, I'm afraid... :cry:

True the Brits did poorly (seemed SO down on speed/power!!??) but what an awesome track, great racing and superb excitement. :)

This was more than a million times better than ANYTHING any GP round in ten years has  served up!! :o

Proof to me that we MUST for the sake of the future of our sport return to the old individual World Championship system without delay.. :neutral:

Would a Brit win under such a system though..?!  Currently hardly any chance, I'm afraid... :cry:

and build or make better tracks,awesome speed in places and multipule lines to ride the track,a friend of mine said he sat there and watched it from start to finish and was well impressed,a non speedway supporter.perhaps poland have got it right

I just came back home from Leszno.

Amazing Final - brilliant, magnificent...

The Danes were superb - fantastic chasing and leading before final round, and counterstrike by Poles. team GB and Aussies wee struggling fairly ill the end of the night. My vioce has gone - it must be repared untill 19:00 CET. On this time Polonia vs Unia Tarnow match begins....an important, tough meeting...

Summed up very well. Bearing in mind that GB is supposed to be the 4th richest nation in the world it is staggering how poorly we perform in all aspects of sport, along with, just about everything else. Speedway, merely, slots into the norm. If you want to create a series of competitions in which we excel then select from:-

teenage pregnancies

obesity   

alcoholism

divorce

illiteracy

political correctness

texting

We could do quite well in these as long as it does not become too competitive!

I get the feeling I might have heard most of this before. :rolleyes::P

Whilst there is some truth to what you say, and indeed, we don't inject sufficient resources into sport, it is hardly fair to suggest that we perform poorly in everything else. We have a very rich, diverse culture, from which blooms a wealth of arts of all media. This country is a lot more productive, innovating and world-leading than you seem to give it credit. Naturally, many of the things for which we can hold national pride cannot be measured on a competitive scale, but that does not mean that they are not there. What once made Britain great - sport, industry, economy, imperialism (not our finest moment, I would suggest) - needn't be what makes Britain great today.

Horrendously off-topic, I know, but I feel it was a point worth making. It does not, however, excuse the performance in the final, though I contest whether excuses actually need to be made. On the day, we were not competitive, and that is the end of the matter. As for ways to remedy this in the future, I'm sure it is just a matter of confidence, equipment and time, for our up-and-coming riders are just as talented as anybody elses.

[e]

as a rider my self this do not go right all the time they all seemed to be chaseing set up all nite .but the track was always one step a head of them .down to the boys with this one and the spanner boys they have should have know better.never mind always next year

Edited by bigend

Superb meeting, but sad to see Harris, Nicholls and Richardson so far off the pace until the last third of the meeting. Was it a lack of serious planning, preparation and organisation for such an important meeting? On Thursday the Aussies, Poles and top Swedes were on the pace from the start as were the Danes last night as well. There really is no excuse I can find for our top three's performance in the early parts of the meeting. If we want to progress as a nation in the World Cup then a serious professional approach has to be taken instead of the "well we tried our best matey". We've got the talent available to develop, but what we need is a serious approach to such events or we will be also-rans for the forseeable future.

Speedway World Cup Final

Before I even start – Tomas Gollob is and always will be – in my book - one of the greatest speedway riders that ever rode a speedway bike – when he feels in the mood.

Quote of another World Cup

Hans Andersen on Chris Harris:

‘He looked me straight in the eye – and turned left – then laid the bike down!!!!!’

‘AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGH’

Chris Harris in response:

‘This is one Team GB rider you won’t be riding, rough tonight old love!!!!’

With the wife away for a fortnight at - Kolonia – that’s the Polish Scouts for those who want to know!!!!

Uncle Mr Clemens replete with famed Halifax woolly pully and tasty sweet and sour chicken and crispy fried noodles sat down to watch what should be a great world cup final. This meeting was set to be a tasty starter to two weeks of travelling the country to watch speedway…..BUT

Questions were hanging in the air asked by the results of the previous rounds. Could the mighty Mid-Glow motivate his intrepid team of British riders to cause an upset in Leszno.?

Thursday night the mighty Mid-Glow was wheeled into the alfresco pits interviewing area - in Hannibal Lecter’s wheelchair – but someone failed to put the brace round his head to prevent him biting Georgi Thompson’s face off

(More’s the pity some might say – and some might not – thought Keith Huwen might)

Dressed all in black and displaying his knobbly knees to the viewing speedway millions the mighty Mid-Glow promised that GB would do their best – as they always do. Scott Nicholls – obviously very impressed by the Mighty Mid-Glows sartorial demeanour – guaranteed to put the fear of God into the three teams in opposition - inferred to our favourite TV pundits that third place might well be a triumph for Team GB – BUT – would it work out like that????

Already the world cup was wobbling as Uncle Sam almost knocked it off the table – but no one was watching Sam – so don’t worry thi sen abart it mate – the cup was runneth over anyway!!!

The team line ups were announced – with Team GB unchanged

Australia put Davy Watt in instead of Rory Schlein

Denmark remained unchanged as we all knew they would be

BUT ….What’s all this about…..????

The famed Norwegian Pole Rune Holta back in the team – looking for another medal he couldn’t get anywhere else – except in a car boot sale…..????

And Greg Walasek in - instead of Balinski – when it was obvious from the race off – that Balinski was more at ease – in the team – and on this track - than Walasek was - on Thursday night…..????

Once again the Polish speedway authorities were showing a distinct lack of faith in their own Polish riders – feeling the need to draft in a rider from another nation.

This being a Polish speedway that supposedly boasts an embarrassment of riches when it comes to the quality of their home grown riders – who they appear to have no faith in at all

BUT….if they feel the need…..nivver mind eh….?????

One more question – how is it that one of the most stirring national anthems you are likely to hear – which stirs the blood and sets a person up for the evenings proceedings - was ruined on Thursday night – and again tonight – by TV technicians who contrive to make it sound like it was struggling to get out from some bottomless pit…..????

But on with the motley

Heat One.

Heat 1: Kasprzak 3. Andersen 2. Sullivan 1. Richardson 0

K/K from the gate – with Andersen passing Sullivan – with Richardson nowhere.

Poland 3

Denmark 2

Australia 1

Great Britain 0

Heat 2: Hampel 3. Crump 2. Bjerre 1. Stead 0.

Hampel gates – followed by Bjerre – but Crump makes his way past the Dane – with Stead nowhere

Poland 6

Denmark 3

Australia 3

Great Britain 0

Heat 3: Gollob 3. Iversen 2. Holder 1. Kennett 0.

T/G with a lightning start – chased by Iversen – Holder over takes GB rider – leaving Kennett nowhere

Poland 9

Denmark 5

Australia 4

Great Britain 0

Heat 4: Holta 3. N Pedersen 2. Adams 1. Harris 0.

Norwegian Pole – from the gate – a lot of needle between Adams and Pedersen – with Harris nowhere – but this was the first interesting race of the night

Poland 12

Denmark 7

Australia 5

Great Britain 0

Heat 05: Watt 3. B Pedersen 2. Nicholls 1. Walasek 0.

What a refreshing change – a rider from another team realises there is a world cup to be won – Davy Watt – while B. Ped and Nicholls have a great battle – the Dane just edging it over Scottie

Poland 12

Denmark 9

Australia 8

Great Britain 1

Heat 06: N Pedersen 3. Holder 2. Richardson 1. Walasek 0.

A determined Nicki P. – half in control of his bike – pushes Walasek out of the picture – with Holder and Richardson taking advantage – Team GB score a point – disturbing the symmetry of the individual points table on my pre-printed score sheet

The Polish fans not happy with Nicki – but that’s racing – and it is the world cup!!!!

Poland 12

Denmark 12

Australia 10

Great Britain 2

Heat 07: Kasprzak 3. Adams 2. B Pedersen 1. Stead 0.

K/K quick from the gate – Adams and Bjarne locked in battle – Stead - nowhere

Chris Louis – famed Polish Immigration Officer – interviews K/K – looking for the secret to the success of the Polish team thus far

K/K happy to tell him – secure in the knowledge it won’t do Team GB a blind bit of good!!!!

Poland 15

Denmark 13

Australia 12

Great Britain 2

Heat 08: Hampel 3. Andersen 2. Watt 1. Kennett 0.

Hampel from the gate – Andersen struggling to keep in contention – Watt takes care of Kennet – who is nowhere

At this point this meeting is beginning to resemble round one of the World Cup as the Poles are dominating on a slick track – when is the opposition going to get their act together?????

Poland 18

Denmark 15

Australia 13

Great Britain 2

Heat 09: Gollob 3. Bjerre 2. Sullivan 1. Harris 0.

But there is always the masterful T/G to provide a piece of much needed magic – imperiously sweeping round the field for another great race win – passing both Harris and Bjerre – with Sullivan relegating Chris to last place

Poland 21

Denmark 17

Australia 14

Great Britain 2

Chris Louis – to T.G - ‘You are a sporting legend’

T/G – to Chris Louis – ‘You are a TV pundit’

Nigel Pearson comment to watching speedway millions via Kelvin Tatum on Chris Louis tongue tied tribute to T/G

‘We are being treated to some eloquent commentaries’

Too bleedin right mate – NOT!!!!!

Pearson announces interesting news circulating out of – THE PITS – Greg Walasek is feeling sick because he came in last twice – therefore is withdrawn from the meeting

Balinski replaces Walasek – but why wasn’t he in the team from the get go????

An indignant Greg Walasek – fearing folk will think skulduggery is afoot - is overheard talking to the Polish Doctor

‘I demand that you declare me unfit to ride - people will begin to think I am a British Pole riding for Team GB – coming in last twice.

The only reason Team GB don’t look as sick as me is because they are so used to coming in last – it doesn’t bother them anymore!!!!

Heat 10: Crump exc. Restart: Iversen 3. Holta 2. Nicholls 1.

When is a con rod not a con rod? – when it’s bleedin knackered – that’s when!!!!

Tragedy for Australia with Crump excluded – when Australia was using their joker option to get back into the meeting - perhaps the true turning point of the evening – BUT….we will never know?????

In the re start – Iversen from the gate – Nicholls battling hard to keep Holta in third place – but Norwegian Pole – passes Scottie and almost takes Iversen too – but the Dane holds on – Team GB has three points to their name at this point!!!!

Poland 23

Denmark 20

Australia 14

Great Britain 3

Heat 11: Hampel 3. Iversen 2. Adams 1. Richardson ef.

Hampel goes round Iversen – Richardson mixing it with Adams – until more misfortune strikes – Lee suffers an engine failure – otherwise Team GB would have four points – perhaps????

Poland 26

Denmark 22

Australia 15

Great Britain 3

My inclination at this point was to turn the TV off and find better things to do than watch a meeting degenerate into a farce. The reason being that for me it was plain to see that as far as the Polish team management was concerned Walasek wasn’t cutting the mustard – therefore he is injured – therefore he is replaced by Balinski

I became detached from this meeting at this point – prior to this I was ‘into the meeting’ – and if not enjoying it much – was satisfied with the way things were unfolding

But with the replacement of Walasek – for me – something negative was injected into the meeting – something black – something dark – and I was no longer interested in the outcome – because I didn’t doubt from this point on that the Polish team were going to ‘win’ this meeting.

Yes I would have turned it off – because it turned me off …… BUT

I stayed with it because I’d promised some people a report on the meeting as I used to do in the past.

Heat 12: Gollob 3. N Pedersen 2. Stead 1. Watt 0.

T/G made it all worthwhile for me still watching with this brilliant ride – taking Nicki way out – Steady taking advantage – but magnificent magical T/G takes them all in his stride – miles ahead when crossing the line. Stead scores a point – WATT????

I wonder what the great man – (T/G – not Simon Stead) – thinks of the lack of faith – the lesser people around him - have in the Polish world cup team??????

Poland 29

Denmark 24

Australia 15

Great Britain 4

Nigel Pearson joins the ‘lack of faith in your own riders club’ – seemingly writing off this current crop of British riders - including Chris Harris – perhaps the Cardiff GP already becoming a ‘distant’ memory – and maybe another false dawn – after all

Pearson perhaps, indicating that Chris Harris has finally been ‘found out’ – by his fellow GP riders?????

Including Edward Kennett – who has hardly begun his career

Including Simon Stead – who is a talented rider – who loves riding for Belle Vue!!!

Where are you Josh Auty when your country needs you – riding at Sunny Scunny – that’s where mate – along with that other Brit – Aussie – Brit – Aussie (oh please yourself) – future giant of speedway - Tai Woffinden!!!!

‘Where – Who,’ asks a sickly looking Greg Walasek????

‘Nivver mind all that’ said the Polish track doctor, ‘you just concentrate on feeling sick – and don’t concern yourself with the state of British speedway’!!!!!

Heat 13: B Pedersen 3. Holta 2. Sullivan 1. Kennett 0.

Bjarne Pedersen brings a (Rune) Halta – to the Polish advance to – glory!!!!

Ryan Sullivan holds up our fave Norwegian Pole – for awhile at least – B/P just holding onto the lead across the line – but the gap begins to narrow between the Poles and the Danes – Kennett nowhere

Poland 31

Denmark 27

Australia 16

Great Britain 4

Heat 14: Balinski fexc. Rerun: Crump 3. Andersen 2. Harris 1.

Andersen from the gate – Crump passes Harris – who tussles with Balinski at close quarters – Balinski goes down – and his excluded – but did Harris help him on his way???

Was this ‘poetic justice’????

Would Balinski take anymore rides

Would Walasek make a miraculous recovery and be reinstated

Who knows????

Hans Andersen deprived of a win that was certainly his – when the red lights came on

The rerun said it all

One of the finest races of the night – with Andersen cursing his luck – when Crump – comes out on top from a three way battle – which could have been won by any of these riders – but the Danes have closed the gap to two points – while Australia begin to develop a respectable score line

Pearson makes the acute observation – or is that ‘cute observation’ – that without the Poles we have a ‘decent race’ on our hands – does this mean that Nigel has deep unspoken feelings about the Polish world cup team – and the weird goings on in their camp – does he too think perhaps and mayhap there is skulduggery going on?????

Poland 31

Denmark 29

Australia 19

Great Britain 5

Heat 15: Bjerre 3. Kasprazak 2. Nicholls 1. Holder 0.

Bjerre from the gate – Nicholls and Holder baulking K/K – but the Pole goes round them both – to take up the Danish challenge – heads Bjerre – but Kenny passes him to take the win – Denmark now just one point behind Poland – Team GB score another point

Poland 33

Denmark 32

Australia 19

Great Britain 6

Pearson likens this race to ‘spicy sausages on a barbecue’ – has Nigel been at the Keilbasa???

Uncle Sam asks Hans Andersen if the Danes can win the meeting

‘Yer darn bleedin tootin we can,’ says Hans!!!!

Sam asks Adams why he is struggling – Adams has no answer to Sam or the track conditions – but gives credit to the Poles and Danes for mastering the track.

Hampel admits the Poles are feeling the pressure from Denmark

The mighty Mid-Glow – as unlike Hannibal Lecter as you can get – admits Team GB can’t get it together – their engines aren’t fast enough – but all of them are talented riders.

Our intrepid TV pundits – who suspect something negative is going on – down there in the Polish corner of the pits – inform us – that something ‘wonderful’ is going on – on the terraces – that we should wallow in the excitement of the so enthusiastic

Polish crowd – Why???

The indication being – that despite suspicion of skulduggery – because the crowd show such enthusiasm – and it’s such a colourful and wonderfully thrilling showcase of a speedway audience – it justifies a lil bit of fiddling – to get the right result – to please that – ever so demanding crowd of speedway folk

But I don’t go to speedway to watch a crowd – given what they demand – with the compliance of those in speedway authority who really ought to know better. And it doesn’t do speedway any good – as will be shown in the long term

Heat 16: Crump 3. B Pedersen 2. Richardson 1. Gollob 0.

Now at this point in the meeting – every soul in the stadium – and the watching speedway millions – have just cause in assuming that – poetic justice – was about to be served – big time – when for some reason known only to his majestic – enigmatic – sen – the immortal T/G – decides this is just another run off the mill GP meeting and not the world cup after all – and comes in last

Or - perhaps - on the other hand – T/G is sick – or what?????

Lee Richardson makes the gate – but Crump passes – as does Bjarne Pedersen – with T/G – well – nowhere!!!!!

And Denmark is in front – by one solitary point

And Team GB has scored another – solitary point

Poland 33

Denmark 34

Australia 22

Great Britain 7

Heat 17: Andersen 3. Holta 2. Nicholls 2. Schlein 0.

Chris Holder – is sick too now – and Rory Schlein takes his place – Nicholls is in for Simon Stead – who isn’t sick – but out anyway as he’s only scored one point – as the mighty Mid-Glow has explained to him

The mighty Mid-Glow: ‘One point isn’t good enough Simon’

Simon Stead: ‘But a point is a point’

The mighty Mid-Glow: ‘But that’s not the point’

Simon Stead: ‘Oh yes it is ‘

The mighty Mid-Glow: ‘Oh no it isn’t’

Despite all this – it’s Andersen – the bit between his teeth – (which bit is down to you) – from the gate – Nicholls in second – pressed by Holta – who passes Scottie – and attacks Hans – but the Dane hangs on for the win – putting them two points up on the Poles – Nicholls scores two points – from astute tactical use of the joker –

Courtesy of the mighty Mid-Glow

Poland 35

Denmark 37

Australia 22

Great Britain 9

Heat 18: Bjerre 3. Balinski 2. Adams 1. Allen 0.

Edward Kennett joins the sick list – Oliver Allen takes his place – for the experience – and what an experience it was – having a close up look at a brilliant race from the three riders he is up against.

Balinski in for Walasek – who heads the sick list

Bjerre – who some might regard as the Danes weak link – gates – ahead of the Pole – who passes the Dane – Bjerre regains the lead – Adams passes Balinski – but the Pole gets by Adams at the finishing post – great race!!!!!

Poland 37

Denmark 40

Australia 23

Great Britain 9

At this point – the feeling that ‘poetic justice’ was about to be performed – permeated through the TV screen from the atmosphere around the stadium in Poland.

The Danes were three points ahead – the concept was developing that – the Poles were beginning to ‘crack’ – from the pressure – all Polish riders seem to be under when performing before their home crowd

So much so was this feeling growing in the stadium – Jan Staechman was interviewed by Uncle Sam – perhaps assuming the meeting was going to go the way of the Danish team – and Sam wanted to be in their cheering them on to victory from the ‘get go’

Or at least from heat 19 on!!!!

Sam’s inclination seemed to be confirmed when Jan told him that the Danish boys had ‘knuckled down’ to the job in hand after the disappointments of the first few races.

Then Jan followed up this statement with a comment that almost – almost – passed by unnoticed.

And this comment summed up perfectly what was going on in this World Cup Final – a comment I stand four square behind

A comment that can be classed as the ‘motto of this meeting’

‘And we didn’t have to cheat to get where we are’

You could almost feel the tension in the commentary box – has Kelvin whispered conspiratorially to Nigel Pearson – that Staechman had used the ‘C’ word on TV.

But the riders were on their way out for the next race – so the moment passed – as the famed TV pundits now had time to gather their wits and plan their next move regarding this ‘revelation’ by the Danish team manager

(Revelation = the blindingly obvious)

Heat 19: Kasprzak 3. Harris 2. Iversen 1. Watt 0

Harris was out of the gate first – Iversen stranded in third place – Kasprzak takes Harris on the back straight lap one – and picks up three points for the Poles – one behind the Danes

Poland 40

Denmark 41

Australia 23

Great Britain 11

As it would be seen as a ‘dereliction of duty’ by any TV pundit – not to get an instant response to the ‘wicked accusation’ – by the Danish team manager after heat 18

Kasprzak – the winner of heat 19 - was brought before the cameras to make his response to this ‘negative comment’ by Jan Staechman

K/K emphasised how sick Walasek was – perhaps not having been reminded of the old adage - by his management team – about ‘protesting too much’ – as doing so indicates there is more truth attached to an accusation – than there would be – if

one kept one’s trap shut

But actually no – it wasn’t the Poles who were cheating – revealed Krzysztof -

It was the Danes – and it wasn’t just any old Dane who was cheating either!!!!

In fact it was that wicked – three times DANISH World Champion – that evil DANISH GP Race Director – Ole Olsen – who was bleedin cheatin mate

Cos he’d doctored the track right there in front of about 50 thousand Poles – cool level headed defiance of the risks he was running – slick or what eh!!!!!

Sorry – sick or what eh!!!!

But Uncle Sam – realising – with the strange weather patterns currently circulating round Europe – that it was difficult to determine which way the wind was blowing – said the Poles were right to make use of the rules to substitute one rider for another

Inferring – therefore – that the Poles did right to ‘cheat’ – as Ole Olsen could be ‘cheating’ for the Danes

Therefore – one set of cheating beresfords – cancels out another set of cheating beresfords – which – thus – makes it all – all right then – or what ?????

But Uncle Sam was still leaning towards a Danish ‘victory’ – as he was beginning to wonder if the Poles were ‘mentally beat’

BUT…… it wasn’t Kasprzak who was ‘mentally beat’ it was – Chris Harris – and most importantly Niels Christian Iversen who were – weird track doctoring or what????

Heat 20: N Pedersen 3. Hampel 2. Sullivan 1. Nicholls 0.

But Nick P wasn’t interested in anything but a race win – to confirm Uncle Sam’s inclination of a Danish ‘victory’

All three riders pass Sullivan – who made the gate - Hampel dicing with both Nicholls and Sullivan – gets into second place – with Scottie relegated to – nowhere

Poland 42

Denmark 44

Australia 24

Great Britain 11

Heat 21: Holta 3. Richardson 2. Bjerre 1. Watt 0.

Lee Richardson decides to put in an appearance – going round Bjerre who leads from the gate – but that famed Norwegian Pole Rune Holta – sweeps round them both – and Poland and Denmark are on level points – with four races to go

Richardson’s two points puts him one point behind Nicholls as Team GB’s top scorers!!!!

Poland 45

Denmark 45

Australia 24

Great Britain 13

Heat 22: Sullivan 3. Balinski 2. Iversen 1. Stead 0.

Sullivan decided to join in the points scoring festival – with Balinski keeping Iversen in third place – after passing Stead – Iversen struggles to keep Stead at bay – but the Poles are back in front by one point

Poland 47

Denmark 46

Australia 27

Great Britain 13

Heat 23: Kasprzak 3. N Pedersen 2. Crump 1. Allen 0.

Kasprzak makes mincemeat of Nicki P – Crump struggles to do the same – Allen in great position to observe how it should be done – Poles ahead by two points

Poland 50

Denmark 48

Australia 28

Great Britain 13

Chris Louis with Kasprzak – who praises his English team sponsors – a bit of P/R – designed to smooth ruffled feathers – amongst those who suspect skulduggery – a waste of time!!!!

Heat 24: B Pedersen 3. Hampel 2. Schlein 1. Harris 0.

Bjarne P isn’t giving up on the world cup – but it’s Rory Schlein – who gates first – with B/P and Hampel passing him – Harris – nowhere again!!!!

But it’s down to a last heat decider – and a ‘fairy tale ending’ – as Georgi tells us – over and over again – in an attempt to deflect those who suspect skulduggery – that it was nothing of the sort!!!!

Poland 52

Denmark 51

Australia 29

Great Britain 13

Heat 25: Gollob 3. Nicholls 2. Andersen 1. Adams 0.

It is Hans Andersen v Tomasz Gollob- for the world cup – and T/G wasn’t waiting for Andersen – as he made a lightning start – as expected – Andersen letting Nicholls through in his attempt to make contact with T/G – but he made no impression on Nicholls and T/G was gone – Adams – on his home track – was nowhere for Australia

Poland 55

Denmark 52

Australia 29

Great Britain 13

And it was all over – the Poles had ‘won the world cup’ – but their squad looked suitably subdued as they were driven around the track to collect their trophy – and rightly so too – for Tomasz G was the only one who could truly hold his head up high – as he was driven round the track – while his fellow team mates picked up their tarnished gold medals

Krzysztof Kasprzak embraces T/G – no doubt thanking him for restoring a semblance of respect to this - Polish World Cup ‘victory’.

Meanwhile Uncle Sam – Nigel Pearson – Kelvin Tatum – were revealed to have been discussing the future of British Speedway

Pearson once again listing the junior riders that will one day compete in the world cup

But how is this to come about – they ask – why by sending young British riders to ride on foreign tracks – something Mr Clemens said long ago

And finally the TV sound technicians managed to get a half decent rendition of the Polish national anthem broadcast this time – but keep on trying – you might get there in the end – when you pay less attention to the riders off key singing – and more attention to the actual supporters in the stadium

TV might be thrilled by the presence of vast Polish crowds but they have no idea how to use them effectively when it comes to national anthems

And that’s that – a shame the meeting was spoiled – by those in charge of the Polish world cup squad – and their appalling lack of faith in their own riders ability to win – on their home track – in front of their own supporters

The moral of the story being – if you can’t win by fair means – then don’t compete at all – whichever team you ride for or what ever competition you are in

people have to undestand that mondays nights win over 2 miles below world class teams and an injury ravaged yet game sweden was still a million miles behind, class wise to the competition last night.

The most worrying thing about last night was the tuning/lack of set up in the english ranks,for the first 17 races it lookes as if we were riding 400cc machines to be honest.

Forget the fact that kennett and stead were a bit outclassed,this had to be down to engine capabilitys on a fast track,lets face it,our tuning/engines were nowhere near fast enough

The boys were disappointing last night, however the fact that some english people come on here and revel in this is quite frankly pathetic.

Nicholls was the only one at the races, and Bomber was most disappointing, the others did what was expected of them. Kennet and Allen will learn from the experience.

Aussies were poor to, from a Coventry point of view Schlein came out and looked more racey in his last race in this competition that he had done previously.

The difference in the Poles was amazing, as for the reserve controversy well it is always open to something like that.

The danes as usual were very good and probably would have won in any other country.