British Speedway Forum

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing.

Britain may have never have won this meeting, but I really am getting tired of home nations having so much of an advantage by practicing before the meetings.

Any other track in the world, would have seen Denmark triumphant and Poland .....with that team, fighting it out with the two other nations.

The GB racers lacked the right track for them tonight, but at least they got there, unlike the Swedes, who have fallen away as a nation.

BUT, I think it is about time these kind of meetings were held in Germany, Italy, Norway etc not just to make it fairer but give other weaker nations an incentive of making the semis or final.

Bloody good meeting

Yes maybe the Danes would have won if the meeting was on another track, But I would rather see a meeting like tonights instead of the rubbish the Danes served up at Vojens.

The GB racers would not have even been there if the qualifiers had not been in at Coventry. We are a 2 man team.......

Yes I agree to a degree we should be looking at meetings in Germany, Italy and Norway in the future but would you get the racing and atmosphere the Poles dish up? I dont think so. Do we want weaker nations in the final? I dont think so we need the best teams in the World battling it out.

Its time for Middlo to step down and let some one new and fresh have a crack at the job. Martin Dugard gets my vote.....

Yawn - sure this'll get slated but in my view that has to rank as one of the most soporific meetings I've seen in ages, boring track, terrible surface.

Thank god for the fantastic atmosphere created by the fervent Polish crowd which just about saved the event from oblivion.

Let's be honest, all four meetings were won by the home team, apart from the one where the home team didn't field their Norwegian ringer, so the whole thing was no less predictable.

As for GB, there's no point slagging the riders tonight off, why not focus on the British system that has just 15 GB riders in its top division, nearly half of whom are has beens or never-will-be's.

How the hell can anyone be expected to produce a world class team with only 7 or 8 top division riders to choose from ?

If we can't support the growth of talent in our second rate league at home, why should anybody react indignantly when we're useless in world class company abroad ???

As a Hans fan I have to say how disappointed I was in his comments after heat 25, simply cos he's played right into certain forum members hands. :rolleyes:

Very well done to the Poles who were simply awesome. Hard luck to the Danes the only team who truly played the rules, Aussies went home half way through and the Brits- Sorry but i gave up on you after about heat 5!

Is opening the Scott Vs Hans debate really relevant?

Edited by London Witch

Nice to see that Walasek's foot injury had recovered well enough for him to sprint out like a gazelle to give Gollob the bumps.     

Well done Poland.

Congratulations to Poland, well ridden and some excellent races... though I have to agree that Balinski's inclusion was somewhat questionnable. If I were a Dane I think I would be a rather unhappy bunny right now, too!

Team GB were quite dismal and never really turned up:

Rico seemed to lose the will to live right from the start, as did I the more I watched him.

Steady looked well out of his depth but the experience was invaluable.

Eddie, ditto.

Bomber I was really surprised at - after having watched his performance in Cardiff and last Monday I couldn't believe how he did tonight. He was almost going backwards, though he did pick up a little towards the end.

Scotty may not have scored big, but IMO it was a real captain's performance. And I'm sure he was really chuffed to get one over on his best friend Hans :P

Olly Allen was very quick out of the gates - just a shame he couldn't keep anyone behind him!! I am pleased he got a go out on the track though, and like Steady and Eddie I'm sure it will prove to be a good experience.

Yawn - sure this'll get slated but in my view that has to rank as one of the most soporific meetings I've seen in ages, boring track, terrible surface.

Thank god for the fantastic atmosphere created by the fervent Polish crowd which just about saved the event from oblivion.

Let's be honest, all four meetings were won by the home team, apart from the one where the home team didn't field their Norwegian ringer, so the whole thing was no less predictable.

As for GB, there's no point slagging the riders tonight off, why not focus on the British system that has just 15 GB riders in its top division, nearly half of whom are has beens or never-will-be's.

How the hell can anyone be expected to produce a world class team with only 7 or 8 top division riders to choose from ?

If we can't support the growth of talent in our second rate league at home, why should anybody react indignantly when we're useless in world class company abroad ???

I agree the system in this country is poor for bringing through talent. The sport needs to put its hands deep into its pockets and get a proper system in place.

But I think the problem goes far deeper. There are major problems with the way the whole sport is set up in this country and we must get these problems sorted before we can sort a proper system for bringing kids through.

The fault stems from years of not having a CL and little in the way for British youngsters to come through. At least we are now starting to see the benefits of the CL with great new talent begining to emerge.

Or a few more polishesque type tracks over here maybe? What a fantastic race track Leszno is, speedway at it's speediest LOL Chuffed for the polish people, they adore their speedway, are 100% patriotic and I love to see them celebrating ...................

If you thought tonight was not good entertainment, you would be best advised to follow another sport.

I have just watched one of the best series of racing that I have seen on a TV broadcast.

And then I read this comment.

If you cannot appreciate speedway of that quality on a racing track like that, then you really are watching the wrong sport.

As a Hans fan I have to say how disappointed I was in his comments after heat 25, simply cos he's played right into certain forum members hands.  :rolleyes:

Very well done to the Poles who were simply awesome. Hard luck to the Danes the only team who truly played the rules, Aussies went home half way through and the Brits- Sorry but i gave up on you after about heat 5!

Is opening the Scott Vs Hans debate really relevant?

Did the Danes really play by the rules throughout the whole tournament?

Call me a cynic but did you see the way the track was prepared by Ole Olsen in Vojens for the Danish Team? If you ask me that was prepared perfectly for the Danish Team - Is that playing by rules?

Tactical Sub,

Er... they were 75 passes in that meeting... and that didn't include those on the opening half lap.

Leszno is best the best racetrack in the world... even the Extraleague match I saw there two years ago where the home team trashed Zielona Gora was top-notch entertainment.

I think I may have to go to the Grand Prix round at Leszno in 2008.

All the best

Rob

I think you must of been watching a different meeting to the rest of us then! Are you sure you weren't watching a video of the meeting from Vojens last week?

If you just watched GB in the meeting trailing at the back I would agree it was pants, If you watched it as a speedway fan, It was truly the dogs wotsits

And then there will only be about 1000 people there watching it! You can see with that crowd tonight and atmosphere why they have it in Poland every few years. Got a feeling though it could be back in Vojens next year.

Your talking rubbish.

There are 12 GP's and take away the 5 main nations and you still have 7 locations left plus there are places like Lonigo or Russia that would get good crowds.

Maybe next year they could hold it in Germany or the Czech Republic.

I think you must have been watching the cricket on Sky Sports 1, the racing was superb, and far superior to the average Elite League racing we get on a Monday night.