British Speedway Forum

Georgie Thompson Hosts Race Off & Final

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well good on her to just admit this her first ever taste of speedway.

She sounds like she went to the same training school as that woman Yorath who presents the football on ITV. Same mannerisms.

To be honest I have never watched Sky Sports News so don't know her at all.

Jesus wept! I knew SOMEONE would find something to whinge about - well done Shovvy! :rolleyes:

Thought she did an excellent job :approve: . Far superior to Greeny IMHO and at her first attempt too

Yes I agree she did a very professional job, for someone with no knowledge of the sport.

I just don't like the Gabby Yorath type voice though.

And she does look a lot better than Greeny, and I do prefer her to Heuwen.

Well IMO she comes across as having no knowledge whatsoever about the sport, but has a set of pre vetted questions, plus receiving questions to ask in her ear piece.

Very pro but cold and she sounds like she is interviewing someone at an event from the safety of a studio.

Just like a newsreader. Emotionless.

FGS. There really are some saddo's following this sport who want to over-analyse every word spoken and every wheel turned.

Get a grip, it's just people talking about speedway into a microphone.

Everyone has their own style (even Millard) and most people get better with experience. None of these skills are born into us.

After several years of presenting speedway both Huewen and Greeny never seem to have grasped much real knowledge of the sport. Even though Georgie clearly knows even less than Huewen and Green she is a very credible presenter. I don't care what she looks like, it's the professional touch that Speedway needs.

FGS. There really are some saddo's following this sport who want to over-analyse every word spoken and every wheel turned.

Get a grip, it's just people talking about speedway into a microphone.

Everyone has their own style (even Millard) and most people get better with experience. None of these skills are born into us.

Some people will always find something to moan about , perhaps they ought to try doing the job. I dont mind who comments or presents as long as we see the races.

Oh and yes I thought she did a professional job :)

Very professional job, but I have to agree with Shovvy (!)... it was obvious she was reading the questions off a cue, and that voice - well, I've recorded it and I'm going to watch it if I have any trouble sleeping in the near future :P

She did do well for her first taste of speedway but I just found her boring, as did everyone else here who was watching. I much prefer the Welsh one (Sarah??)... especially as she has the guts to give Hans a slap when he's being his usual cheeky self :approve:

Me and Mr Bobbin' decided that Georgie wasn't a bad replacement for Keith Hewen. At least she didn't keep calling the pits "Pit Lane" and unlike Greeny resisted the temptation to refer to meeting as a "meet". Had the guts to admit she'd never been to speedway before, but said she enjoyed it. For Mr Bobbin's part, she was a lot easier on the eye than Keith.... :lol:

She's one of Sky's flag-ship female presenters - just like Gabby Y so probably has been coached in a similar way. I really don't know what people want from these anchor-men and women on speedway. They're there to link between races and make the odd comment to get riders to open up in interviews. It's all just filling in before the meeting and when track grading is going on anyway. The main thing is the racing so who really gives too hoots about how much they really now about all the ins and outs of the sport - that's for the studio experts i.e the riders, ex-riders to do. Now if the commentators didn't have a clue about the sport....oh sorry, we've already done that one to death haven't we :rolleyes:

Personally I've always liked Keith Huewen and always have done since early superbike days. Professional and shows a bit of knowledge, knows what to say to get the riders in the studio to discuss the goings-on, has a sense of humour and gives the right amount of respect to the sport. :approve:

Edited by rabbit

I thought that she was excellent; especially considering that she admitted that it was her first experience of the sport. Far better than Heuwen, Millard or Green, that's for sure. :approve: