British Speedway Forum

World Cup At Coventry

So who is going to this?

I hope a lot of you are because I asked about 20 Bees fans that I know last night and no-one is going. :sad: Looks like the attendance could be pretty low if this is anything to go by. The reason is unanimous - they all think it is too expensive at £22. With it being live on Sky as well they have no incentive to put themselves out as they'll be able to watch it at home for nothing.

Looks like it will just be me and the dog on the 4th bend. :neutral:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice price indeed.

It's only 7 quid for the final at Leszno.

Well I think a lot of people are being put off by the high price for what will no doubt be pretty mediocre teams on display - apart from Great Britain of course :P

Trouble is a poor attendance will probably put Mr Sandhu off using Coventry again.

It doesn't matter if theyre's a low attendance or not Gemini, Sandhu doesn't see any of the turnstile money! He will obviuosly get the takings from bars and fast foods! Why should he care if theres only a few people there, he;s already sorted out his fee for loaning stadium out to BSI! The stadium would have been closed on Monday so why not just sick back and watch the money come rolling in ~ he's got his head screwed on!

Trouble is the price looks bad on Cov but it's BSI who set the prices, it wasn't until yesterday the stadium actually found out what's going on!

I think for the quality of races and riders that will be on show come monday night is well worth the extra £7 from a league meeting, and plus people seem to forget that there will be 25 races on monday whereas there is only 15 ina normal meeting!

So get your hands in your pockets and get up to brandon for what will be a spectacular meeting!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He will obviuosly get the takings from bars and fast foods!

Thought the food/drink had been shipped out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think it's bad value. More races, and with the lack of live action recently I'm happy to get any speedway I can.

So, Gem, I'll be there.

Thought the food/drink had been shipped out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry yes you're right there, Malcom Francis owns the rights to the catering and bars! Sandhu will still get the money from BSI for loaning out the stadium to them, still makes good business sense! He will also get the money from anything sold in the track shop. If he hadn't have staged it would be some other track watching the money roll in lol

I can't actually make this meeting due to work so I will get home just in time for it to be shown on sky!

The ticket prices are not that bad to be fair ~ I just got my dad one for fathers day, being an oap it was only a £10er it was either that or he come round and watch it at mine on sky ~ :rolleyes: hmmmm a tenner well spent lol

They can't open the track shop. Mr. Sandhu will be quids in for allowing the stadium to be used, but that's all (AFAIK). One bonus is that he won't have the will it/won't it rain headache on Monday. :D

I'll welcome our Wolfie friends, even if they are going to be wearing the wrong colours. :rolleyes:;)

I feel so much better now! :P As long as it's not Mr Sandhu losing the money I don't care. Serves 'em right for hiking the price up so much and I still think it's too high, no matter how many extra races there are.

If it had been Denmark, Poland, Great Britiain and Australia in the final it would be different but this is just a qualifying round and by the looks of it not a very good one either.

Still I'll be there with one of the dogs to keep me company. :)

Presuming I can pay on the night as I haven't got a ticket?

If I wasn't on holiday I would have been there. A big meeting at Coventry is LONG overdue.

tell that to sandhu he wont rent the stadium to the bspa .he wants to promote the meetings his self and not share the income!!!