British Speedway Forum

Review Of Super7even So Far

The Super7even series in it’s first year has surpassed all expectations according to series director Jonathan Chapman...

Sorry. Could anyone explain which aspect of the Super7even is new? Anyone would think we've never had a British final, or a Premier Fours before! The only difference I see is that the BSPA have at last persuaded someone to market the meetings. Is he saying that the marketing has surpassed all expectations?

... the British Final turned back the clock and showed what we have been missing since it’s hay day back in the 90’s

I disagree. The British final experienced it's hay days back in the 70's when the British Champion had to qualify through the rounds, and the top finishers qualified to the next stage of the World Championships. The Peter Collins, Chris Mortons, Kenny Carters, Michael Lees, Malcolm Simmons, John Louis (I could go on) were riding for their country and it really meant something to be the British Champion.

Chapman emphasises that everything has it’s teething problems, ‘In the first year of any new venture you have teething problems, the main thing is to learn from these and the improve the product the following year...

What new venture? All the meetings have a rich history and have been tried and tested over the years. They only started to fail when the BSPA interfered with them. He could have learned from the history books but chose instead to do it his own way.

‘as far as I am concerned once a team has qualified and been announced in the line up they will be in the event unless they are seriously weakened...'

Which means I'll do what I like.

Asked to summarise the series so far Chapman said ‘when you put things in perspective we have achieved an incredible amount, publicity is high and crowds have increased significantly, this is because we have presented the series the right way and we have put on some great shows, I’m confident people will be coming back again and that Super7even is here to stay!’

Publicity is high, crowds have increased, ? Presentation is laughable and lessons from the past have been ignored. Mr. Chapman is basking in his own publicity and seems to be aspiring to become the Ole Olsen of the Super7even.

I hope he doesn't give up his day job...

Edited by geepeeargh

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic