British Speedway Forum

Chris Harris

Hearty congratulations to Chris. :D

Don't have Sky but someone kindly recorded it for us and have spent this afternoon watching it. Even though we knew the result still couldn't help cheering and yelling for Bomber. Some really great, entertaining, racing. We envy you guys that were there, a night you will probably never forget.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was the best Cardiff GP I've ever been to... I have never been so patriotic in my life!

Try being Cornish last night then :lol:

Was hard to fight back the tears as he crossed the line, think i just about managed it but im not sure lol.

WELL DONE BOMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Harris - The biggest name in Cornish sporting history? :D:approve:

Try being Cornish last night then

Was hard to fight back the tears as he crossed the line, think i just about managed it but im not sure lol.

WELL DONE BOMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Harris - The biggest name in Cornish sporting history? :D  :approve:

Chris Harris - the ONLY name in Cornish Sporting history?

Only kidding - Im sure you will now name all the others!!

But yes a proud day to be Cornish - Im just very annoyed I left my Cornish flag and home - was it me but I thought there would be a lot more Cornish flags around - less than I expected. :(

And Rabbit - I only sung to you as I thought you weren't there - if I had known you were sat in the stadium I wouldnt have put you through it!!! :D:P

Chris Harris - the ONLY name in Cornish Sporting history?

Only kidding - Im sure you will now name all the others!!

But yes a proud day to be Cornish - Im just very annoyed I left my Cornish flag and home - was it me but I thought there would be  a lot more Cornish flags around - less than I expected. :(

Nope, thats about it :lol: hehe.

We had a big Cornish flag with Bomber Harris in red written over it hanging up on turn 4 and another smaller one to wave. I noticed quite a few on turn 1 too. But yes i was expecting a few more than i saw too. There were a lot of us around though :D

Nope, thats about it :lol: hehe.

We had a big Cornish flag with Bomber Harris in red written over it hanging up on turn 4 and another smaller one to wave. I noticed quite a few on turn 1 too. But yes i was expecting a few more than i saw too. There were a lot of us around though :D

And a field day for burglars as Cornish men and women left villages desserted and 1000's of homes unattended!!! :D:D

that was an amazing day.

first time we've been as felt the boys were too young before. they loved almost all of it and are now big bomber harris fans

well done bomber you were ace and a credit to english speedway

unlike the rider who nearly ruined it all for my lads. adam mckinna u were a disgrace and upsetting kids of 8 and 5 who used to have all newcastle riders including u on a pedestal is sumthing i will never forgive or forget.

Edited by kyra

And a field day for burglars as Cornish men and women left villages desserted and 1000's of homes unattended!!! :D  :D

There are hardly any cornish left in Cornwall, they had to make way for Londoners to have "surf pads"

It strange, when you get flooding in a picturesque cornish village, those that are affected which are interviewed on tv never have a cornish accent!!!

There are hardly any cornish left in Cornwall, they had to make way for Londoners to have "surf pads"

It strange, when you get flooding in a picturesque cornish village, those that are affected which are interviewed on tv never have a cornish accent!!!

Getting that way. Looking on Facebook the other day and there is a group on there for the village I was brought up in and I did not recognise a single name on there :0. All talk of plans for the summer break!

Would love to see Bomber get the coverage that Truro City FC and Cornish Pirates RFC got after there wins in London but some how doubt it will happen.

Edited by NJT

Absolutly fantastic, many congrats to Chris, your showing the you are certainly british Number 1!

I must admit I was cheering greg all the way(including in the final!) but I was happy on both accounts with Chris winning and greg 2nd, and also comming away from cardiff minus a voice but plus extra money in my pocket, thanks guys, your both stars!

Edited by smillie

I think the comparison of Bomber with Peter Collins is valid.

I saw PC in his heyday and have plenty of videos of the great man from the 70's, and without doubt there are some striking similarities.

No matter where PC was in a race, you always felt he could find a way through and win.

Bomber is exactly the same. Exciting times ahead!

Well done Bomber on winning at Cardiff last night.

The atmosphere in the stadium was better than ever and it ended with the perfect result for the Brits. I personnally wouldn't have minded any of the 4 finalists winning but with Bomber completing the job meant it will be a British GP that anyone present (or otherwise) will not forget in a hurry. Hopefully next year though we won't get two fans in front of us who felt the need to stand up at the end of the races even though they were only 4 rows from the front! A couple of digs in their backs soon sorted them out though and my wife waving the flag in front of their faces!

I remember watching Chris in the mid/late nineties starting out in the PL at Exeter and early in his PL career seeing him wobble around Newport for 4 laps to win a race. From Exeter reserve to Grand Prix winner! (alright from CL to GP winner if you want to be perfectly correct I suppose!)

Overall it was a great day spent in Cardiff, even managing to find a car parking space quite easily, with the only downside being the soaking we received walking back to the car park afterwards trying to dodge the puddles and the queue to pay for the car park ticket! The queue for the one payment machine in the car park was ridiculous and ended up being so long the people at the end of it were actually on a different level to the machine! (luckily that wasn't us! ) The traffic didn't seem to be too bad on the way home and we got back to Bridgwater just after 1am.

Can't wait for next year now, when do the tickets go on sale!

(ps Najjer. I thought your prediction on here of Hans winning was looking good until the interval but I am glad that British winner I hoped for came true!)

I know Chris has gotta stand the test of time but he's looking to be our next "Mark Loram" ................. can't help supporting such a racer and such a geniune sorta guy :approve:

WELL DONE CHRIS HARRIS, you had us all in tears man!

What a disapointment!!! :(

No - not Chris but Midland news tonight - absolutely nothing!!

I am hoping that its because they are going to do a piece on him on Monday with interviews and clips.

Fingers crossed :D