British Speedway Forum

Chris Harris

I could be wrong, but in most years they've only had about 5 days to get the track down.. That's from scratch. It may have been different this year with no football matches being played the weekend's before?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from Cardiff.

Congratulations to Chris and his team.

No more to say at present - its 3pm and we are just about to watch it all over again!!!!! :D

Sky+ Sandie.. it's the future! :D

What a night!  :D

But Bomber - jeez what a star! Rode like a man possessed and I defy any sporting spectacle to out-do that noise when he won the Final. Credit as others have said to Crump and Hancock for their actions on the podium. Great to see.

Well done Bomber!!!

For those of us fortunate enough to be in the Press Conference it was also great to see both Jason & Greg acknowledging and praising Chris as a true & worthy winner, also Crumpy leading a round of applause for the British GP Champion.

Nice one Jason.

ATB

Dave

Edited by Gambo

For those of us furtunate enough to be in the Press Conference it was also great to see both Jason & Greg acknowledging and praising Chris as a true & worthy winner, also Crumpy leading a round of applause for the British GP Champion.

Nice one Jason.

ATB

Dave

Poor you Gambo.. I bet Mr Roberts dragged you in there kicking and screaming didn't he? :D

I'd just like to echo all of the other sentiments. :approve:

A fantastic night's speedway that more than made up for the miserable weather and the awful journey along the M4. Good to meet a few faces from the Forum too! ;)

Bomber was electric all night and just goes from strength to strength this season. What a start he's made, to what will hopefully be a long and successful GP career. Another final for Leigh too, so the Swindon fans had plenty to cheer; it's just a shame that he didn't sneak a podium place to narrow Nicki's lead a little further.

Still, a British GP winner at long last! Top Bombing. B)

Poor you Gambo.. I bet Mr Roberts dragged you in there kicking and screaming didn't he? :D

Yep...I really wanted to watch the fireworks! :D ...But what happened on the final bend of the final lap of the final race must have outshone any of the pyrotechnics that followed the presentation!

It's a blooming long haul from level 6 Press area, right round the stadium to the Press Conference and we only just arrived in time. Well worth the slog through the bowels of the stadium though, and quite an emotional Press Conference it was too!

ATB

Dave

Last night was the best Cardiff GP I've ever been to... I have never been so patriotic in my life!

WELL DONE BOMBER!!!!! :D

You have done us all proud, and given British speedway the lift that it so desperately needed :approve:

Incredible - nearly tears of joy from me

My Uncle nearly bust his knee on Friday night and was unable to make the trip. Felt gutted that the guys who got me involved in Speedway couldn't see Bomber's moment of glory.

Swimming along the M5 - great day shame about the weather and esp. the walk back, I looked like I'd been Glasto for 4 days.

Had to say I was one of the many who doubted if Bomber would make any impact in the GPs but he has worked so hard and has proved to us all that he has the talent to be right at the top.

That last race was the best I have ever seen.

Great to see a Brit challenging the best in the world, long may it continue!!!

My first British GP... in fact, my first GP ever, and I had the best time EVER!

I couldn't be happier for Bomber. He completely deserved that win, and everyone in the stadium could see that he absolutely rode his heart out... what a star! Massive congratulations Bomber :approve::D:approve:

And I must say sorry to anyone who ended up with glitter all over them (especially the two guys sat in front of us)... it was probably off my flag!! :oops::P