British Speedway Forum

New-look Retro Speedway Website

TonyMac

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crayford 83-1 is Trevor Barnwell I reckon and I would also go with Mike Spinks for the second action shot. The other fella i haven't a clue.

I thought it might have been Trevor, but no idea on the others.

As far as the Hackney ones, 85-2 looks like Mike Fitzpatrick, and I'm sure that 85-3 is Gary Rolls. I'm thinking you will find that the other two (84-1 and 85-4) will be more Paul Whittaker.

Steve

Edited by chunky

A quick bit of detective work with Peter Oakes' 1978 yearbook tells me that Glasgow 77-1 must be Rob Hamman. The same rider appears in the 1977 team picture on the site. The give-away is the absence of both Derek Richardson and Benny Rourke from the side (though Benny is pictured in overalls). The only meeting they both missed was at Ellesmere Port on 5th April and the team for that meeting was made up by Rob - making his one and only appearance for Glasgow.

Unknown with Martin Dugard in the Eastbourne section Is Andy Buck

Unknown 2 with Martin Dugard Is Andy Buck In red, Rob Grant In yellow, White not sure but could be Steve McDermott

looks like jimmy mcmillan in unknown 2 tyler the other berwick riders in the third photo are sean courtney and charlie mckinna

looks like jimmy mcmillan in unknown 2 tyler the other berwick riders in the third photo are sean courtney and charlie mckinna

Yes, on all counts. Mildenhall Unknowns 76 is Bob Coles leading, and I'm pretty sure that's Fred Mills behind.

Steve

Edited by chunky

• 3 weeks later...

The site has been updated again this evening, with more pics added to the following teams:

Hull

Ipswich

King's Lynn

Leicester

Middlesbrough

Milton Keynes

Newcastle

Newport

There are a few 'unknowns' among that lot, so any help with ID would be much appreciated (again!).

Thanks for your help and interest.

Tmc

http://www.retro-speedway.com

Edited by tmc

The only ones I can help with are

Hull 1 - Dennis Gavros?

Milton Keynes - Robbie Vigus

Newcastle 2 - Fairly certain that its Bobby Duncan too.

Think I should know the Ipswich and Kings Lynn ones but can't recall the names at the minute.