British Speedway Forum

ELRC - Change of venue

What collocks! I was looking forward to the Elite around Sheff.

Even more criminal is that it will now be staged at King's Lynn.

So what about Workington or Glasgow or Isle Of Wight.......

they're not run by the chipmunks!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange decision but enjoy it while you can. The way speedway is being run at the moment the Elite League will cease to exist in its present format, Oxford, financial losses at Reading just two examples. The whole heirachy in Speedway are contantly shooting themselves in the foot. Paying public are becoming increasingly fustrated, and i wonder how long it will be before SKY pull the plug and just concentrate on the GP's. Please somebody come and save our sport.

hmmm this stinks somewhat to me, Very bad PR and somwhat convenient that it's now being switched to KL. Seems JC is the golden boy at present and can do no wrong.

Sheffield was an ideal venue, centrally located and a good track. The last time the ELRDC was held their it was awesome.

Well thats three people who were going who now won't be. Two of them are floaters who used to go regularly in the late 70's and 80's. I'd done a good PR exercise convincing them that watching Elite League riders at Sheffield would be a fab night, and they were looking forward to it.

Judging by recent incidents and comments, I think Sheffields' fence is a bit more forgiving than Kings Lynns' !

I hope that Sheffield are compensated adequately for having this top fixture taken away from them. I suggest that whatever amount Sheffield would have gained financially should be awarded pro-rata as it has been on the fixture list for half the season.

Now can we have the PLRC back at Sheffield please !

I'd agree with that!

What's the deal with the airfence then, IF this is the reason for Sheffield not staging it?

Cant believe a airfence is causing this meeting to be moved . I'm quite sure a temperary one could have been acquired if need be .

We're all just guessing , so unless the Chapmans , Machin or the BSPA make a statement we will never know .

And it will be bitching and fighting on the forum for a change . :shock::rolleyes:

If whatever reason Sheffield cant hold the ELRC, then what better track to take to than Kings Lynn. Its regarded by all the top boys as one of the fairest and most raceable there is, so what the big problem ?

Also these events are BSPA so all the profits go there and are then re-distriburted out to all the clubs.

So find something worth moaning about guys, and lets hope it s a big success for all our clubs.

If whatever reason  Sheffield cant  hold the ELRC, then what  better track to take to than Kings Lynn. Its regarded by all the top boys as  one of the fairest and most raceable there is,  so what the big problem ?

Also  these events are BSPA so all the profits go there and are then re-distriburted out to all the clubs.

So find something worth moaning about guys, and lets  hope it s a big success for all our clubs.

This would have been a fair and sensible post .

If it hadn't have come from a King's Lynn supporter :lol:

If whatever reason  Sheffield cant  hold the ELRC, then what  better track to take to than Kings Lynn. Its regarded by all the top boys as  one of the fairest and most raceable there is,  so what the big problem ?

Also  these events are BSPA so all the profits go there and are then re-distriburted out to all the clubs.

So find something worth moaning about guys, and lets  hope it s a big success for all our clubs.

To be fair i like kings lynn track, and it was excellent in the elite a few years ago, but it would be nice to hear why its moved, suppose peoples already booked a day off to go to sheffield?, ok they can go to kings lynn but some may not want too. As i say personally im not to bothered, but it would have been nice to see the top riders (as we wont for much longer!) :unsure::rolleyes:

Cant believe a airfence is causing this meeting to be moved . I'm quite sure a temperary one could have been acquired if need be .

We're all just guessing , so unless the Chapmans , Machin or the BSPA make a statement we will never know .

And it will be bitching and fighting on the forum for a change .  :shock:  :rolleyes:

i KNOW .....FACT! sheffield cannot erect an airfence due to H&S and stadium time limit restrictions.

Edited by The SAINT

i KNOW .....FACT! sheffield cannot erect an airfence due to H&S and stadium time limit restrictions.

Well should the superseven commitee not have done their homework before allocating the big meetings in the first place .

There is also the other question about what happens if airfences become compulsary in the PL in the future .

I imagine stadium availability plays a big part of it. The Chapmans are in the fortunate position to own their own stadium so it's pretty easy for them to get the date.

If they wanted it at a neutral venue, the only teams I can think of that own their own stadium are Rye, Redcar, Somerset, Newport and Lynn :unsure:

The EL riders were always going to want an airfence at the event so I agree it is poor planning to give the event to Sheffield if it was known in advance that it was impossible to erect one there.