British Speedway Forum

Gp 3 Eskilstuna May 26

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well no-one seems to want to congratulate Freddie, on what was he biggest achievement yet. Were all very proud of you Freddie at Wolves  :approve:

Well there was a thread doing just that last night,but was merged into this thread.

I sort of congratulated him in the International section,where he has a new web-site mentioned.But i will take this opportunity to congratulate him properly.Well done Freddie and of course Leigh.And hope all the sore riders are back on track quickly.Especially and this is for my own selfish reasons Nicki.As i hope he will be riding wednesday for Holsted against Hans and his Fjelsted team.But then the important first leg of the Danish Final is also only days away

Some good pics there, like the close up ones in the pits of the bikes etc, different to some of the usual boring pages and pages of single action photos.

thanks Rob!

Some actionpics are very nice, but most of them boring. And I see that it is so much more else I can take a pics on, not only racingpics.

Finally got round to watching the meeting this arvo.

A few comments...heat 8 absolutely brilliant. Best race I've seen in a long time. Surprised no-one has really mentioned it. Al four riders switching constantly for 4 laps. The track was obviously condusive to good racing at that point...so they then start putting loads of water down. Go figure - it never quitw got back to being that good. :rolleyes:

Very impressed with Lindgren but think comparisons are pointless with other riders. Freddie's time will come that's for sure. Anton is a worry, wonder how much of it is psychological now - or is his knee injury worse than is being let on. His entire riding style seems so different this year - much more rigid and not throwing himself about on the bike as he did in previous years.

Nicki P - what a nut! :D In so much pain but carries on - fair play to the guy. His pain threshold must be set at 'screaming'. One thing that did interest me - Jagus was barred from taking further part after the crash, but Nicki was also obviously in a lot of pain and just about managing four laps. Who's to say whether he was OK to ride but Jagus not? What if Nicki had come out in his next ride, not been able to hang on and caused a major crash? Just a thought...

Finally well done to Adams. A great race in the final. Hans' face looked like a smacked arse afterwards, made me chuckle, but he will still be in the mix at the end if he can carry on riding like he did last night. Pleased too that Hancock didn't profit from his little AWOL stint in the week.

Fingers crossed that all riders recover from their injuries soon.

arvo

Hey you must have been talking to too many aussies haha ........... it's "afternoon" if you're english ;)

One thing that did interest me - Jagus was barred from taking further part after the crash, but Nicki was also obviously in a lot of pain and just about managing four laps. Who's to say whether he was OK to ride but Jagus not? What if Nicki had come out in his next ride, not been able to hang on and caused a major crash?

We had similar thoughts in this house too ..............

Edited by Trees

Nicki P - what a nut!  :D In so much pain but carries on - fair play to the guy. His pain threshold must be set at 'screaming'. One thing that did interest me - Jagus was barred from taking further part after the crash, but Nicki was also obviously in a lot of pain and just about managing four laps. Who's to say whether he was OK to ride but Jagus not? What if Nicki had come out in his next ride, not been able to hang on and caused a major crash? Just a thought...

Think it came down to the fact that Jagus bashed his head and Nicki didn't.

Finally well done to Adams. A great race in the final. Hans' face looked like a smacked arse afterwards, made me chuckle,

Oi, you can't say that! :mad: You used to be such a nice person too! :angry:

:D:wink:

Hey you must have been talking to too many aussies haha ........... it's "afternoon" if you're english ;)

Sorry, have said arvo since I was about 10 and used to have Aussie penpals, if you knew me you'd know I've quite a laidback speech style when talking with loads of colloquialisms, pinched phrases and made up words all delivered with a Dorset accent. I just love the flexibility of the English glwssa. :D

PS so it's OK to say 'Aussies' as a derivation of 'Australians', but not 'arvo' as an abbreviation of 'afternoon'. Hmm... :P;)

Think it came down to the fact that Jagus bashed his head and Nicki didn't.

Oi, you can't say that! You used to be such a nice person too!  :angry:

:D  :wink:

:D Whoops! :P I did follow it up with a compliment though...

Agree about the bished head bit, but it does make you wonder at what point the track doctor would intervene and say to an injured rider 'you can't go out again' especially if the stakes are so high.

Some actionpics are very nice, but most of them boring. And I see that it is so much more else I can take a pics on, not only racingpics.

Great set of pics, certainly set the scene well, can you tell me if AJ has the largest corporate facilities (if that is what you would call it) of all the riders and together with his ferrari, very impressive, shame his on track exploits don't match them!

Sorry, have said arvo since I was about 10 and used to have Aussie penpals, if you knew me you'd know I've quite a laidback speech style when talking with loads of colloquialisms, pinched phrases and made up words all delivered with a Dorset accent. I just love the flexibility of the English glwssa. 

PS so it's OK to say 'Aussies' as a derivation of 'Australians', but not 'arvo' as an abbreviation of 'afternoon'. Hmm...

Let you off Rabbit haha .......... in my defence hehe, aussie obviously comes from australian but arvo from afternoon hmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Trees

When Jagus is sat on the track and the medics are asking him questions, he makes hand signals which to may said "things are going round and round, dizzy!"

Well, you get the general idea! :blink:

Whenever a rider hits his head and complains of double vision, blurred vision, whatever, they cannot take any further part in racing!

Jagus obviously knew this as he did not protest did he?

No and I wasn't saying that Jagus should have ridden. Just more a case of what's the difference between Jagus hitting his head and not being allowed to continue for the obvious risks, and Nicki (or any other rider come to that) having alledged broken bones, but being able to continue. Both could potentially put other riders and themselves at risk in their next outing(s) - who's to say. I've no really issue either way, was just thinking it whilst watching the meeting and thought I'd see what others thought... :rolleyes::D

Edited by rabbit

I agree with the others.There is an obvious difference between head injuries and bruises or broken bones.Not sure if the medics are allowed to give pain killing injections,but a rider will generally know if the pain is too much or not.But with a head injury the chances of a black out while on track are too much of a risk.And if a rider has vision problems then,well.....

Of course, and again, I'm not saying I'd advocate a rider going out with a bump on the head - it's a safe rule and one I agree with. Just pain isn't the only indicator of an injury - what about muscle damage - a rider being able to hang onto a bike? To turn it? What if a rider took a bang and said he was OK to go out but his injury meant he just was a danger on track. That was my point really...at what stage do you differentiate between riders being safe and not after a bad accident.

I'll shut up now :rolleyes::D

Well no-one seems to want to congratulate Freddie, on what was he biggest achievement yet. Were all very proud of you Freddie at Wolves  :approve:

I did start a thread congratulating him, seems it was merged with this one which seems a bit unfair after Bomber got his own thread after the last GP.

Great set of pics, certainly set the scene well, can you tell me if AJ has the largest corporate facilities (if that is what you would call it) of all the riders and together with his ferrari, very impressive, shame his on track exploits don't match them!

Yes he has. Biggest on the car park but very poor on track.