British Speedway Forum

Stead Or Kennett For The Gb Wildcard?

Guest PanthersChamp06

Kennett has time though to make it to the top level. Stead IMO has this season show his potential. If he will make it to the top level of the sport.

Stead as Wildcard

Kennett and Bridger as Reserves :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I would say Stead

OK, I have lost the plot now - I am saying Simon or Ed?  :blink:

:o ohhhhhhhhhhh I'm telling Barney :wink:

Surely this will be IMG/BSI's decision, not Neil Middleditch??  :wink:

All the best

Rob

IMG/BSI promote why would they make the decision half of the staff don't even go to speedway :rolleyes:

Isn't it down to the promoters? Is that IMG/BSI? Anyway, I think it's devolved to the BSPA who leave the decision to the national team manager, which, whether you like it or not, is Middlo.

I can give you the answer from Ole Olsen when asked about the wildcard for the German GP.The system is the same for all GPs i guess."We will talk with a lot of people of course the German Federation among them.We have an idea who is good enough and who comes into the equation.The decision is made by the Grand Prix Bureau,which is the FIM President,the CCP President and me!" Then came the question.So the German Federation has no say in the matter?Ole replied"They can make a suggestion,like any other Federation.We will sort it out together who comes in the frame" :D

Edited by iris123

In previous seasons I would have said that Stead would get my vote for the wildcard but on this seasons performances I would give the chance to Kennett. Before this season I didn't rate Kennett unless he was at Eastbourne or Rye but this year he seems to be a different rider and deserves his chance at 5 rides at Cardiff as Stead got it last season.

If the posts about the British Final and the wildcard are correct it should make it a more interesting meeting.

Kennett has time though to make it to the top level. Stead IMO has this season show his potential. If he will make it to the top level of the sport.

Stead as Wildcard

Kennett and Bridger as Reserves :)

Bridger?? Really?? What about David Howe at reserve with Kennett?

I agree that Steady should get the wildcard, as it was (supposedly) a toss up between him and Bomber for the full 2007 GP series. And Kennett has been having a good season so far, so makes sense to put him at reserve; but David hasn't disappointed this year (so far).

Like a few others have said tho, I don't really think we can say til after the British final.

Surely the wildcard should be the rider who we see stepping up to GPs full time in the near future, and the rider who can give us the best chance of someone in the latter stages (semis and finals), and I personally think that if he maintains the form he has been showing that Ed Kennett is the man for Cardiff.

Steady has been unlucky this year with his injury, whereas Ed has been flying and that could cost him IMO.

Guest PanthersChamp06
Bridger?? Really?? What about David Howe at reserve with Kennett?

I agree that Steady should get the wildcard, as it was (supposedly) a toss up between him and Bomber for the full 2007 GP series. And Kennett has been having a good season so far, so makes sense to put him at reserve; but David hasn't disappointed this year (so far).

Like a few others have said tho, I don't really think we can say til after the British final.

My reason is the exact same as Hazzmans above.

Davids a good rider on good form, I cant see him getting to the GP level though, can you Lea, seriouslly?

Bridger on the other hand isnt if he makes it to the GP level, its when. Same goes for Kennett.

Stead will get Wildcard as hes young and a Number one for his respective team :)

We have to look after the young riders with potential and give them the best chance possible to succeed or British speedway as we know it, will die out :(