British Speedway Forum

Well I thought the meeting last night was dire in the extreme.

Poor track, poor racing. Small crowd, lack of atmosphere and totally flat overall. But then that's what you mostly get at Lonigo.

Well done to Pedersen on the win. Best rider by a mile last night. Hopefully there will be a new WC this year, or at least a more exciting series, helped no doubt by the new scoring methods.

From a Poole perspective Bjarne had a mare. Very unfortunate to be excluded in his first when it looked like Jonsson had touched the tapes even though Bjarne moved forst, then losing his chain in the next when in second. Won't have such a bad GP as this probably for the rest of the year.

Crump, well I don't follow his individual efforts so I didn't care if he made the final or not. Seemed slow and was never in contention to win.

For the Brits, well it's "as you were", with not a hope of either making a final in 2007. Nicholls certainly not. Seems to have no savvy on the first bend, even when gating. Harris "might" make a final if the track is set up for racers, but as we all know, that is highly unlikely.

Of the pretenders to the title, Andersen was poor and was lucky to make a semi at one stage. Never got a sniff of a final berth. Adams rode better but as usual he just doesn't have that extra bit to make the difference. Jagus rode well but won't be in the mix come the shakedown. Hancock did well, carrying on from where he left off in 2006. Funny that he can't show the same form for his British club.

So NP coasted to an easy win. A crap GP though, and hopefully things can only get better racing wise.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I thought the meeting last night was dire in the extreme.

Poor track, poor racing. Small crowd, lack of atmosphere and totally flat overall. But then that's what you mostly get at Lonigo.

Until I saw the last sentence I have quoted, I through you were talking about Monday at Poole!

Nicki Pedersen was "on fire" tonight.

I think you will find that was the Italian in Heat 11 :P:lol:

Well done Nicki, easily the best rider of the night.

Good to see Bomber not disgraced.

Really enjoyed the first GP, lookng forward to the next now, for a poor GP there was certainly some entertainment and some great racing.

Edited by richsimpson

While that's true, it does show the state of British speedway that all we can hope for is that our riders are not disgraced!

True but in his first GP, where some of the other young riders were hit by nerves in a big way (Lindback for example), its good to see that Chris was nearly a Semi final contender on a track that on first glance would not have suited him. :rolleyes:

Bomber scored 7 out of 15, how is that a discrace?

Ok it was not a great result but small steps and all that. If he scores 7 in every GP he should be on the cusp of a top 8 place and how many riders have managed to make the top 8 in their first GP season?

He's currently 9th best rider in the World, is that really so bad?

What is this obsesion with some that to be a worthy of a GP place you have to be in the top 8? Because using that theory, half the rider in the GP series every year are not good enough for the GP's and should be replaced by 8 others, but then you'll still have 8 riders not good enough!

Bomber did well, he is GB's second best rider (in theory), what was the let down yesterday was Subedeis favourite, Scott Nicholls! (about time he learnt how to ride the 1st/2nd bend in a GP, he's greta in league racing on the first bend but it's a completly different game).

9th in the World right now and a disgrace! Oh dear! What does that say about the 1000's of riders 10th or lower?

Bomber did us proud, Scott on the other hand, oh dear, I'm starting to think Subedei may not be as mad as I thougth he was tho I still think Scott is a GP standard rider, he's just not capable of winning GP's.

Have just watched the meeting from last night, and while it was quite boring at times, I'm well chuffed with the result :approve::D

Bomber went really well - what a great debut, which he looked really pleased with and so he should.

Hans had a bit of bad luck on the night. Winning heat one by a mile til it was re-run... almost taken out by Bjarne... but he just didn't have what it took to get to the final.

I know it's only one of 11, but Nicki has been on fire all season and I really hope he carries it through until October.

Thanks Stuart Road and Neil Watson for clarifying the tie breaks. I was aware of the system for the traditional individual meeting, heat wins, seconds etc, but wondered how they sorted who went into which semi. If it isnt 1st, 4th,6th and 7th and 2nd,3rd,5th and 8th in the next GP i'll be totally confused !! :blink:

Thanks Stuart Road and Neil Watson for clarifying the tie breaks. I was aware of the system for the traditional individual meeting, heat wins, seconds etc, but wondered how they sorted who went into which semi. If it isnt 1st, 4th,6th and 7th and 2nd,3rd,5th and 8th in the next GP i'll be totally confused !!    :blink:

The race formula is fixed so you shouldn't be confused!

Riders placed 1st, 4th, 6th and 7th in the intermediate classification will take part in

Semi-final 1 (Heat 21).

Riders placed 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th in the intermediate classification will take part in Semi-final 2 (Heat 22).