3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

shazzybird

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I would have thought also Barney Kennett

Ian2 & Kev.......... I got an excellent video from Sidecar121 with Canterbury Footage........ Uncle Ted and Graham Banks feature on this video and it's a lovely trip down memory lane x

Edited by shazzybird

Like to see that videoShazzy, going dewy eyed at the thought!

Raven has been in touch and his computor has crashed at the moment, but he is on the case of the 'lost' cine film footage.

Who scored 10 on his debut for the Crusaders,I'm useless at stats so I will take a flying guess at Dave Johnson?

Ted 'Hurricane' Hubbard 10 versus Crewe 1970 50-28?

Although he did score 1 for Berwick at Canterbury earlier that year, so i guess not :rolleyes:

Full marks to frigbo - and shame on you Shazz :shock: , the earlier meeting frigbo refers to Ted was loaned to Berwick for the evening.......... and :oops: I've just seen the way I worded the question and fubared. :shock::oops: :oops: :oops:

Ted was the answer I was looking for - but got the question worded wrongly.:oops: :oops: :oops:

p.s. - How are you getting on with the 1973 list frigbo?

I'm up to August Kev.

Should be done by Xmas.

Like to see that videoShazzy, going dewy eyed at the thought!

Raven has been in touch and his computor has crashed at the moment, but he is on the case of the 'lost' cine film footage.

Ian, Raven has the same video as I have, we got it from Sidecar121 whose friend is the "cineman" :approve:

We have a couple of copies floating around the family at the moment, Uncle Ted has a copy and is refusing to part with it! Mainly because the two races in which he features at the beginning of the tape he wins!

My kids are absolutely made up with it, they were never lucky enough to see Unc. ride only nowadays around the field out the back. Ours boys are just as impressed as they were far too young to remember him racing. Excellent piece of history for me as I can remember and love to re-live "Canterbury Days" by watching the video over and over again. :approve: Many thanks to Steve and his Bud for sharing the video with me xx

I'm up to August Kev.

Should be done by Xmas.

Excellent news - I don't suppose you have the dates of the previous meetings do you?

I'll sort it out 4 ya

Below is a copy of an e-mail I received today from Australia. Re: Les Rumsey.

It seems they are having a better time with the weather than we are!

"Les is currently in Australia visiting Steve Koppe at his home in Townsville, Queensland. He says he does not like the sun too much, he may have a shock over here. Les hopes to visit me in Perth where we are forecast 105 degrees farenheit (or 40 degrees centigrade) over Christmas! I,m sure Les will aclimatise!

Regards,

Andrew, Perth, Western Australia."

Just noticed your member number Steve!  :P

Oooer...never noticed that before. :shock:

Still, as they say "If it aint cooked....Dont eat it!" :P