British Speedway Forum

New Front Wheel And Forks

J_D

He was using a different frame all season.

I believe it was made by Blixt, and featured boxed sections with holes to lighten it

the forks were offset from the frame, resulting in an easier ride when cornering.

The only problem he had was it had to be stood up differently in the pits otherwise it would fall over

He was using a different frame all season.

I believe it was made by Blixt, and featured boxed sections with holes to lighten it

the forks were offset from the frame, resulting in an easier ride when cornering.

The only problem he had was it had to be stood up differently in the pits otherwise it would fall over

The forks look similar to those seen on Ice Speedway bikes. Am I right in that observation?

The only way this development should be considered as the "Way Ahead" is if it is a cheaper alternative than what is used at present. Speedway isn't F1 or MotoGP with a bottomless pit of money, it needs to evolve into a less costly sport to survive, at least in Britain anyway.

Its not what is on current ice bikes, this looks like Motocross style upside down forks, these can be very expensive and go ito thousands of pounds, and are really impracticle.

The problem with forks is that in speedway they inevitably get bent, therefore you need to straighten them, which at the moment isnt too bad until a certain point.

With Motocross style forks, the problem is that MX bikes are unlikely to be involved in head ons with a fence, therefore are less likely to get bent. So they will be more seceptible to breakage from this type of damage.

Their inclusion does open up the possibility of MX parts and Maanufactures maybe looking into the market

Swings and Roundabouts, like anything I think

Mx forks maybe expencive but will be a lot stronger and i cant really seeing a speedway bike having a hard enough crash to bend them lets face it they eather hit a light waight bike or a air fence and if its not a air fence its a fence that just falls over (most of the time it falls over if you even thing of riding wide)

Mx forks are also run with tipel claps that allow the forks to twist on impact and then all you have to do is undo the set's of clamps and twist them back in to the right place by hand.

Well you havent ridden at Peterborough or Kings Lynn then, lol

Seriously though, through experience speedway forks do get more of a pounding.

I destroyed mine last season at Wolves (and they have an air fence!!!), and Billy Hiles decided to destroy my other set at Brighton by crashing into the fence. Where are the fences in MX??

You are right the MX forks are stronger, but really only testing would prove anything.

So lets see what happens