British Speedway Forum

Sam Ermolenko Farewell 18th March 2007

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Crump (2 world titles), Greg Hancock (1), Billy Hamill (1), Leigh Adams, Andreas Jonsson, Peter Karlsson, Fredrik Lingdgren all confirmed.

Nicki Pedersen (1) and Hans Andersen are rumoured to be there and I'm sure Mikael Max and Ronnie Correy will be keen to appear, if not riding. Maybe even Mark Loram (1) could be riding ?

With Bruce Penhall (2) and obviously Sam (1) in attendance, I was wondering how many other former world champions would be there as I believe Ivan Mauger (6) is in the country around the date of the meeting and I'm sure Gary Havelock (1) will be interested in watching if nothing else.

As the season hasn't really started, maybe former Wolves legends, Ole Olsen (3) and Hans Nielsen (4) may be around and is Michael Lee (1) still hanging around tracks for big events ?. Add to that I believe Barry Briggs (4) lives in England still, could this be a date that even Tony Rickardsson (6) would be interested in viewing or paying respect ?

With Bruce there, maybe Erik Gundersen (3) and Jan O Pedersen (1) would be willing to meet up again as former Heathans (Jan O wasnt at same time obviously)

If, and I say IF, they were to be there, then there could be 38 times world champions at Monmore Green in one day !

Would anyone know when more World Champions have been at a meeting ?

When Sam won his world title in 93 Briggs, Fundin, Knutsson, Mitchaneck were watching while Nielsen and Rickardsson were riding but they still had more titles to win later on in their careers.

Barry Briggs is now living in California due to his business activities

there

What's the betting Sam wins the race, Greg and Billy go over the line together in second with Bruce at the back pulling wheelies.

It'll be just like old times!

As Ivan Mauger is at The Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue the following day, I would think that he would like to put in an appearance.

Sam helped David Tapp out a fw years ago with a series of meetings in Oz and I believe this was connected to Ivan in some way . . not too sure.

Would be good to have Penhall and Mauger there alongside Sam and the current World #1.

That would mean a World Champion from four of the last five decades

As Ivan Mauger is at The Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue the following day, I would think that he would like to put in an appearance.

Sam helped David Tapp out a fw years ago with a series of meetings in Oz and I believe this was connected to Ivan in some way . . not too sure.

Would be good to have Penhall and Mauger there alongside Sam and the current World #1.

That would mean a World Champion from four of the last five decades

What happened to the other 1 out the five. :unsure:

Sorry to disappoint but Mark has turned the invitation down! Not to worry the line-up is still looking good!

OK, time to edit my response now as have been advised that he spoke to Sam about this and explained that he had so many invites and could only do what he could do!

Sam was fine about this!

Edited by SuzieQ